Melbourne Meet 2010 - 20.03.2010 impressions
Apr 1, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #181 of 250
Your reverse logic is confusing me.

confused_face(1).gif

Apr 1, 2010 at 11:56 AM Post #184 of 250
Ahem. "If it's quiet it is either overheating, crappy components"
biggrin.gif
I would call my computer fairly average.

i7 920 @ 4ghz
evga X58 Classified
3x2GB 2000mhz ram
500gb HDD
Windows 7
ATI 4770 (just bought ATi 5850 a few hours ago
tongue.gif
)

Apr 2, 2010 at 4:55 AM Post #185 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahem. "If it's quiet it is either overheating, crappy components"
biggrin.gif
I would call my computer fairly average.

i7 920 @ 4ghz
evga X58 Classified
3x2GB 2000mhz ram
500gb HDD
Windows 7
ATI 4770 (just bought ATi 5850 a few hours ago
tongue.gif
)

IOM, I think your computer is quite high performance
k701smile.gif
It's much better the one that I have (Classical model with age more than 4 years)
frown.gif
and the budget in buying new part, I spend it on headphones and other related components
triportsad.gif

Apr 2, 2010 at 5:07 AM Post #186 of 250
tongue.gif
I sold both my GTX 285s and SSD to fund this audio hobby, but have realised the Grado HF-2 and AD700 are all I need, so I am selling my DT880 and ALO-780 to fund another ATi 5850
tongue.gif
I hope someone buys at least one of them soon
biggrin.gif
I really miss playing games maxed out with no lag whatsoever.

The only things I need to upgrade as far as Audio is concerned is my Zero DAC to a Matrix Mini-i (or Lavry DA11 later on) and to try a Denon D5000.

Apr 2, 2010 at 6:30 AM Post #187 of 250
Quote:

tongue.gif
I sold both my GTX 285s and SSD to fund this audio hobby, but have realised the Grado HF-2 and AD700 are all I need, so I am selling my DT880 and ALO-780 to fund another ATi 5850
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

The only things I need to upgrade as far as Audio is concerned is my Zero DAC to a Matrix Mini-i (or Lavry DA11 later on) and to try a Denon D5000.

I hope someone buy them all very soon...
dt880smile.png

Actually, I cannot decide to sell my headphones (every headphones is good for me
biggrin.gif
) However, I sold 4 headphones (Grado SR80i, Sennheiser HD25-SP II, AKG K512 and Goldring DR50) to buy K701.
tongue.gif
Now, I'm using Alessandro MS1, Grado HF2, AKG K701, ATH-A900 and AD900. I plan that I'll upgrade to A2000x and AD2000 or tube amp soon.

For the computer parts, I think my parts cannot be sold because my computer's spec is too low
frown.gif
I cannot install new game due to too low specification. I installed Assassin creed on my computer in January and I cannot play it (too lag with lowest resolution)

IOM, Denon D5000 is very good for you. I tried my friend's D5000 and it can provide bass and impact very well
normal_smile .gif

Apr 5, 2010 at 7:54 AM Post #189 of 250
Quote:

No, I just don't complain like a little girl about the computer being too loud. 35dba isn't even that loud. I am used to it and can't stand quiet computers. If it's quiet it is either overheating, crappy components or has like $2k spent on cooling for it.

Or it's a Mac :)

Apr 5, 2010 at 7:55 AM Post #190 of 250
haha. I'm not too fond of them. I don't really like laptops either, but they can come in handy a lot though.

Apr 6, 2010 at 12:02 PM Post #191 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Collagen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you like them so much...
jecklinsmile.gif
Unfortunately, I cannot use any IEM because my earholes are quite small and their shape are different from normal....
frown.gif
Moreover, I've just got a bad news for me from a doctor that I'm hearing loss
frown.gif
(the doctor explained that the cause of hearing loss is the deteriorate of my auditory nerve) Therefore, I should not use IEM or turn on too-loud volume...

For 240 gb iMod.... <<< It's very large capacity to store a lot of songs h
darthsmile.gif

YES!!
darthsmile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol. I just bought a 60GB diymod, so a bigger HD is definitely something to think about
wink.gif

tongue.gif
I rip cds into wav if i have the cd with me, so accumulates quickly
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 9, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #192 of 250
Quote:

tongue.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

One thing I've learned from selling computer parts is that the depreciation is absolutely horrible on those things. Headphones, on the other hand, don't depreciate as badly. Or at least they don't in the condition I keep my stuff in.

You should really consider sticking with a single card solution when the next gen cards come around. I'm sure a single HD6870 will run BF:BC2 at over 60 fps. If you really want to flex your e-peen then go for 6 monitors + HD5870 eyefinity edition
biggrin.gif
it'll make for some epic gaming sessions.

Apr 9, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #193 of 250
Haha, I would never go more than 3 monitors. I was literally going to go for 3 22" Full HD monitors at $200 each, but I skipped that idea because it would only be good (IMO) for racing games and flying games, which I rarely play anymore. Anyway, I think I am going for one 5850 now and when my birthday comes around (May 21st), I am going to ask for another for Crossfire. Until Crysis 2 is released in December (supposedly), I will be more than ok
wink.gif

I keep changing my priorities, but as of now, I don't want to try Denon headphones anymore, or really get speakers (would rarely use them, I've had some before, not my kinda thing). The next thing (and final...for now) I hope is a Audio-GD DAC-19 DF or DAC-3SE. Then I don't have to worry about audio stuff for a while. From there, I am going to focus on my computer (hopefully mod the heck out of it)
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #194 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn_low /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At the end of the day, I left not with gear envy, but with the realization/confirmation that I am actually VERY happy with my rig. We can chase the upgrades but I think I'll just stop and listen to the music even more.

Can't wait to hear your HD800 :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back