Melbourne Meet 2010 - 20.03.2010 impressions
Apr 26, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #211 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It sells for $1999AU. Your not going to top that price as no store actually sells it, what you do is buy ot from syntec through such a store. It's a pain as you have to wait for the headphones to be posted to you etc, but there's no extra charrge for postage and syntec are quite an easy company to deal with. Franskton hi fi have it connected up to a lehmann audio black cube linear which is quite good as well (in fact a while ago I remember considering buyng the black cube, but the lack of optical input was a deal killer for me).

ps: the headphones are well worth there price tag :rock:

Sennheiser | HD 800 Dynamic Open-Back Stereo Headphones | HD 800

save a few hundred right here with our strong dollar exchange atm, .... excellent customer service at BandH, and quick shipping. put that savings towards another component, although almost $100 for
express mail, but your still well ahead......
icon10.gif

Apr 26, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #212 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Comparison was probably not a good choice of word; I'm interested in the performance leap between the 2.

I'm sure they will blow my HD650s out of the water. My problem would be buying a decent amp and CD player/DAC to run them through.

I know, I was just trasing.
beerchug.gif
On a more serious note I actually found the HD800's easier to drive then the HD650's and HD600's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmf /img/forum/go_quote.gif

save a few hundred right here with our strong dollar exchange atm, .... excellent customer service at BandH, and quick shipping. put that savings towards another component, although almost $100 for
icon10.gif

No included waranty though, if i'm not mistaken.

Apr 26, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #213 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I could afford the 5970 after selling my DT880 and ALO-780, but is kind of overkill. Then again that's a good thing when I have lots of money. Screw the 5870's, unless I can get them for really cheap. Two 5850s Overclocked will easily beat two stock clocked 5870s. I could OC them as well but the 5850s OC better and they would probably end up getting the same results in games
tongue.gif
Two 585s or one 5970...hmmm...
tongue.gif

ive never seen the value in running dual video cards, well for my needs anyway, as mentioned above, a good single card will run pretty much everything out there, including BC2.

Apr 26, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #214 of 250
Quote:

beerchug.gif
On a more serious note I actually found the HD800's easier to drive then the HD650's and HD600's.

No included waranty though, if i'm not mistaken.

Confirmed, 12 months manufacturer warranty ...
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #215 of 250
Quote:

Confirmed, 12 months manufacturer warranty ...
biggrin.gif

Good o then, deffinatly a good way to go about it. I'm glad I bought it from my local store as they have never complained about my constant questions and demo'ing of ther gear and have been very helpfull in general.

Apr 26, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #217 of 250
Quote:

beerchug.gif

Really? My biggest concern with getting HD800s was amping them correctly.

Apr 27, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #218 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? My biggest concern with getting HD800s was amping them correctly.

In my opinion they are. Though like the HD600 and HD6500 they do scale well, the differnece with the HD800's isn't as significant though (at least from my experience). You still want a descent amp and not a fio or anything along those lines.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 27, 2010 at 7:31 AM Post #220 of 250
Quote:

In my opinion they are. Though like the HD600 and HD6500 they do scale well, the differnece with the HD800's isn't as significant though (at least from my experience). You still want a descent amp and not a fio or anything along those lines.
smily_headphones1.gif

I was probably going to just use my LaFigaro 336, but I am thinking of getting a Matrix M-stage for the HD650, and apparently it matches the HD800 quiet well too.

Apr 27, 2010 at 8:54 AM Post #222 of 250
Quote:

icon10.gif

Companies in the US are not allowed to export the HD800 directly.

Are you sure you can actually order from here, rather than it just being a fault with the website?

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #223 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any particular reason?
ksc75smile.gif

I googled them hoping they have an online catalogue, instead I found a blog dedicated to complaining about him.

If someone goes over there, could you ask if their HD600 is the new version and get the price for me?

Apr 29, 2010 at 8:15 AM Post #224 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by henryp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you. Much appreciated.

I've asked our buyer to check on this.

Any response yet. That price is an absolute bargain for what you get (then again I think $2000 is a bargain for what you get).

Apr 29, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #225 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trysaeder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't really have anything, too poor.

Footscray is like the most dangerous suburb in Victoria.

What about Frankston?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back