Melbourne Meet 2010 - 20.03.2010 impressions
Apr 29, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #226 of 250
What about Brunswick?
biggrin.gif
I swear I hear at least one reported violent fight and/or stabbing a day on the radio.

Apr 29, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #227 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about Brunswick?
biggrin.gif
I swear I hear at least one reported violent fight and/or stabbing a day on the radio.

lol, anywear that I go is the most dangerous plus if your looking for a fight.
wink.gif

jecklinsmile.gif

In a more serious note, when does everyone think another meet may happen. I was thinking around September could be good.

May 3, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #228 of 250
So does anyone know of a good place to test out speakers in Melbourne? My friend and I plan on going around on Saturday to try out different powered bookshelf speakers around the $300 mark.

We're currently thinking Factory Sound, Carlton and Tivoli. Any other good ones I should look at?

May 3, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #229 of 250
IDK if they allow auditions, but I bought my ESI nEar 05 from PonyMusic (well, not in stock as of yet but have been paid for).

May 5, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #230 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So does anyone know of a good place to test out speakers in Melbourne? My friend and I plan on going around on Saturday to try out different powered bookshelf speakers around the $300 mark.

We're currently thinking Factory Sound, Carlton and Tivoli. Any other good ones I should look at?

Soundair in Caulfield has a good selection of speakers and are very friendly.

BTW: my Auditor may be for sale in a week or so, if you're interested.

May 7, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #232 of 250

Quote:
Hmm, I'm interested in comparing the HD650 to the HD800.

I think its only a matter of time before I jump to something around that price tag. Tax returns can't come sooner!

Quote:

Originally Posted by yukari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I rip cds into wav if i have the cd with me, so accumulates quickly

My 60GB diymod turned out to be a complete nightmare. The whole deal has been a bit of a mess atm, and I'm still sorting it out now.

Back to the normal 80GB 5.5G for me, possibly with a bigger HD. I was thinking of installing the 160GB one from the iPod Classic. Anyone know whether it'll fit?

hehe I got my 240gb RWA imod. Will be selling one of my 80gb one after exam probably.....XD

Quote:
Comparison was probably not a good choice of word; I'm interested in the performance leap between the 2.

I'm sure they will blow my HD650s out of the water. My problem would be buying a decent amp and CD player/DAC to run them through.

I am looking for decent CDP and amp/dac as well.

Quote:
What about Brunswick?
biggrin.gif

LOL

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about Brunswick?
biggrin.gif

lol, anywear that I go is the most dangerous plus if your looking for a fight.
wink.gif

jecklinsmile.gif

In a more serious note, when does everyone think another meet may happen. I was thinking around September could be good.

I was thinking of a portable meet some time in mid-late june. Then maybe a headfi meet for headphones later this year. Maybe Oct/Nov?

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Soundair in Caulfield has a good selection of speakers and are very friendly.

BTW: my Auditor may be for sale in a week or so, if you're interested.

Caulfield is closer to where I live !
I would be interested if it's a phonitor LOL

May 9, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #234 of 250
I'd be interested in a meet (not the portable one though).  Whenever the next meet is if someone can send me a pm and i' bring along my hd800's, benchamrk dac1 and i'll probably have my DNA sonett by then.  :)

Quote:
hehe I got my 240gb RWA imod. Will be selling one of my 80gb one after exam probably.....XD

I am looking for decent CDP and amp/dac as well.

LOL

I was thinking of a portable meet some time in mid-late june. Then maybe a headfi meet for headphones later this year. Maybe Oct/Nov?

Caulfield is closer to where I live !
I would be interested if it's a phonitor LOL

May 9, 2010 at 8:14 AM Post #235 of 250

Quote:
Ooh, another meet. This time I'll try out more headphones and possible have one to bring along.

Oh I see you've got your CK100  LOL

Quote:
I'd be interested in a meet (not the portable one though).  Whenever the next meet is if someone can send me a pm and i' bring along my hd800's, benchamrk dac1 and i'll probably have my DNA sonett by then.  :)

No worries. I will keep that in mind!

May 9, 2010 at 8:15 AM Post #236 of 250
BTW
I've acquired a STAX 404LTD + 600LTD driver. Awaiting for their arrival....
But still looking for source LOL
(Other than using my PC>iQube v2 out.....)

May 9, 2010 at 8:36 AM Post #237 of 250
Wow there have been a lot of replies. I don't like this new head-fi layout. Worst thing about it is that I never receive notifications anymore. With the old one I got about 80 emails a day from notifications on head-fi, which I enjoyed. Now I am lucky to get one 
blink.gif
 I will be looking forward to this meet and hopefully by then will have a decent DAC 
tongue.gif

May 9, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #238 of 250
Has anyone volunterred to organize it?  I would like to hear some other amps/dac etc again, so I can't wait.  It's a shame  I missed the last one I simply had been having a break from head-fi as i'm very satisfied with my rig and was vocusing on the video side of my addiction to perfection.

May 10, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #239 of 250

Quote:
Has anyone volunterred to organize it?  I would like to hear some other amps/dac etc again, so I can't wait.  It's a shame  I missed the last one I simply had been having a break from head-fi as i'm very satisfied with my rig and was vocusing on the video side of my addiction to perfection.

I helped organizing the last one and happy to help out again. Thou exam won't finnish til mif June. So please just give me a tiny bit of time LOL
Ummmm
Still trying to get used to this new head fi layout.... can't add friends and seems can't find the groups stuff now....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back