Melbourne 2nd Meet 2010 - 26.06.2010 impressions
Jun 27, 2010 at 7:25 AM Post #46 of 186

Anyone have more details on this?..   or is it still some mysterious black pair from china...?.   definitely not an accurate reproduction of highs especially but heaps of fun to listen to..  is the owner a headfi member?..   
K1000 lives up to the hype. great pair.  could have sat there all day with it flicking through tunes on my ipod.  didnt get a chance to listen to the HD800 which sucked..  every time I turned around it was being used  
dt880smile.png

Jun 27, 2010 at 8:58 AM Post #48 of 186
Hmm well idk what I am going to do. Tomorrow I am going to buy another desk, strictly for audio. On it I will have speakers, record player, Playstation 1, MAD Ear+ HD, Grado HF-2. 
Computer setup I want Zero DAC>M3>DT880. If anything, I will sell my HF-2 and MAD Ear+ HD for a pair of K1000. My Qinpu A3 amp I just sold could have powered the K1000 decently (HeadphoneAddict said it I think), so dunno what amp I would buy for them. Hopefully a friend or family member doesn't use their amp 
tongue.gif
 Dunno though, might end up just keeping all this and not going up the ladder. Who knows.

Jun 27, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #50 of 186

Quote:

Anyone have more details on this?..   or is it still some mysterious black pair from china...?.   definitely not an accurate reproduction of highs especially but heaps of fun to listen to..  is the owner a headfi member?..   

i am the owner of this headfi, it's a heaudio jade headphone. i am also the owner of the industrial looking, man killer amp that pair with the O2 
tongue_smile.gif
sorry i am just such a cheapskate, trying to build that thing in such a tight budget 
redface.gif
next time when i get around to build another amp i will try to invest a bit more on a nicer looking case
regular_smile .gif

big thanks to duckman( dave) and yukari for making the meet happened, and thanks everyone for bringing their gears to be share with others.
hd800 is definetely a top notch headphone, very refined sound, a step above the hd650,a bit pricey though.
k1000 is nice, very open sound, a welcome breath of fresh air from too many other  boxed in headphone listening, remind me of the stax sigma i used to have.
i like yukari 404 ltd/600ltd combo a lot, if i want to get into electrostatic but dont want to over spend too much , this will be the combo i will go for, it sure will give lots of costly  dynamic setup a run for the money.
i am not surprise not many people were wow by duckman's O2, it has such a laid back sound it's hard to impress people in meet condition and in such short listening period. stang must have a very good ear,or may be he came to the meet very early and he has lot of listening time with the o2 before hand?

Jun 27, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #52 of 186
Wish I could have been there...always itching to try the K1000s. Will the owner please sing out? I'd like to give it a whirl and compare it to the HD800.

I'd be happy to atone for my 'disorganised' approach towards the 1st meet by helping organise a THIRD meet for 2010 in Melbourne.

Anyone keen? 

Jun 27, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #53 of 186

Quote:
Wish I could have been there...always itching to try the K1000s. Will the owner please sing out? I'd like to give it a whirl and compare it to the HD800.

I'd be happy to atone for my 'disorganised' approach towards the 1st meet by helping organise a THIRD meet for 2010 in Melbourne.

Anyone keen? 

Wow.... Third meeting...^ ^

I wish I could be there in the third meeting ^ ^
-------------

For the budget in purchasing new headphones... Now I can collect $600 (from my part time job) I think I will buy second-hand Sennheiser HD600 or Grado RS1 ^ ^ with an amplifiers when I can collect $1000 .... So long...
------------

P.S. The photos that I took from the meeting, now I'm arranging them and I will post them tomorrow or Tuesday... ]

And I think I will make a photo slideshow in DVD format... Any comment?

Jun 27, 2010 at 12:21 PM Post #54 of 186
Woo Audio headphones stands are very beautiful but they're so expensive for me.... So I use a banana hanger (price $2) as my headphones stands as in this picture ^ ^

However, I also would like to have Woo Audio Stands.... ^ ^

Jun 27, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #55 of 186

Quote:

stang must have a very good ear,or may be he came to the meet very early and he has lot of listening time with the o2 before hand?

First time I have heard them. I listened to them for about 5 minutes before people begun to arrive and about 40 more minutes throughout the day. Thank you for the compliment on my ears 
biggrin.gif
 I LOVE LOVE LOVE the O2 sound. They are so welcoming and relaxing. When I put them on and listen, I get the impression that I am in a little wooden hut in the deserted woods, laying back in a big, comfy leather chair in front of a warm fire with my cat laying out in front of me on the big circle shaped carpet 
tongue.gif
 However, now that I realised what I have no problem selling and what I do have problems with selling, the K1000 (which I must say, amazed me more, but only with jazz) seems to fall right into my budget. I wish I didn't sell my Qinpu A3, it has speaker outs and I could have used it with a pair of K1000 while I save up for a better amp 
frown.gif
 Oh well....

Jun 27, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #56 of 186

Quote:
First time I have heard them. I listened to them for about 5 minutes before people begun to arrive and about 40 more minutes throughout the day. Thank you for the compliment on my ears 
biggrin.gif
 I LOVE LOVE LOVE the O2 sound. They are so welcoming and relaxing. When I put them on and listen, I get the impression that I am in a little wooden hut in the deserted woods, laying back in a big, comfy leather chair in front of a warm fire with my cat laying out in front of me on the big circle shaped carpet 
tongue.gif
 However, now that I realised what I have no problem selling and what I do have problems with selling, the K1000 (which I must say, amazed me more, but only with jazz) seems to fall right into my budget. I wish I didn't sell my Qinpu A3, it has speaker outs and I could have used it with a pair of K1000 while I save up for a better amp 
frown.gif
 Oh well....

I suppose you could just get a vintage integrated amp for a couple of hundred dollars if you ever get your hands on a pair of k1000.

Jun 27, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #57 of 186

Quote:

Anyone keen? 

Shawn, it's probably my issue for lack of experience last time =P

AND thxxx for loaning ur Auditor! It is quite popular in the meet =)
Ummm 3rd Meet. I am not sure yet when.
Not sure if 3 meets in a year is any good LOL

Jun 27, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #58 of 186
I'm down for a third meet if it's between term 3 and 4 or after end of year exams.

Quote:

Anyone keen? 

Jun 27, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #59 of 186

Quote:

I suppose you could just get a vintage integrated amp for a couple of hundred dollars if you ever get your hands on a pair of k1000.

I AM tempted to get a pair of K1000 too, thou finding a proper amp would be an difficulty. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back