Melbourne 2nd Meet 2010 - 26.06.2010 impressions
Jun 27, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #61 of 186
A third meet would be good at the end of the year maybe. I love having meets. I hope I have something new to offer at the next meet 
biggrin.gif
 Dunno what I should do though. I just set up a vinyl rig with my MAD Ear+ HD with Grado HF-2 and speakers, but owning the K1000 or Stax would surely be amazing. If I can find a cheap <$300 amp for K1000, I think I MAY go in that direction, since K1000 are generally <$1000. Parting with my beloved MAD Ear+ HD amp would prove to be a difficult task, however 
frown.gif

I loved the venue this time, great size, though the gear was a tad cramped though. I really liked how it was in a rather quiet area.

Jun 27, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #62 of 186

Quote:
If anything, I will sell my MAD Ear+ HD 

PM me if you do :D

Quote:
Woo Audio headphones stands are very beautiful but they're so expensive for me.... So I use a banana hanger (price $2) as my headphones stands as in this picture ^ ^

However, I also would like to have Woo Audio Stands.... ^ ^

Where'd you get the cheapie hangers?

Quote:
Shawn, it's probably my issue for lack of experience last time =P

AND thxxx for loaning ur Auditor! It is quite popular in the meet =)
Ummm 3rd Meet. I am not sure yet when.
Not sure if 3 meets in a year is any good LOL

Lol, three meets, you guys are on a roll

Jun 27, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #63 of 186
Thanks Yukari, for doing a fine organising job once again. And thanks for bringing the highlights of your gear collection. I really want an ALO Rx now!

I thought the venue was just good enough. Any more people and it would have been a problem. But it was good having everyone relatively close together.

I think I liked the previous venue for its spaciousness, and it was awesome having the cafe right there. There will be other options in the future though.

Yep, the K1000 was a highlight for me. It certainly has 'wow' factor with its spaciousness, true-to-life tonality and detail. I thought the 'bass heaviness' was in the mid-bass and that the lower octaves were still missing though. Having said that, it was hard to judge in a noisy room... I wanna take them home for a while :)

Jun 27, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #65 of 186

Quote:
I wanna take them home for a while :)

Don't we all 
biggrin.gif
 It would be great to be in a quiet room comparing O2 to K1000. That would definitely be a highlight. Unfortunately I don't think that will happen. If I can grab a cheap (yet good) speaker amp (I got no idea what I am looking for lol), I will consider purchasing the K1000. Of course, I would be playing vinyls and possibly CDs with them 
biggrin.gif
 I am going to hopefully build a new desk for my room with dad that will have my audio equipment on it, so after that it should be easy to figure out what I want to keep and what I want to sell.

Jun 28, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #67 of 186
Unfortunately I didn't get to test them with my own music. I listened to the music that was playing and left it at that. That made me want to buy them, just listening to that track haha. TBH, I would prefer the O2, as they sounded great with my three most listened genres (rock, metal, jazz), but finding them is almost impossible. Afford them is just as difficult 
evil_smiley.gif
  I would be pretty sure the K1000 would sound shocking with rock and metal. They seem to be geared toward classical; genres that require a large soundstage. With jazz they surprised me though. The O2 are so welcoming and smooth. They make me feel right at home. You are very lucky to own such great cans Dave 
biggrin.gif

Jun 28, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #69 of 186
According to the meeting, I think David likes K1000 so much. I saw him seemed happy with K1000 and other headphones like this picture. ^ ^

As Kunal.... He seemed so serious with Sennheiser HD650 ^ ^ (I think he likes HD800)

Jun 28, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #70 of 186
Haha Dave looks very happy with them 
biggrin.gif
 Don't think there are any pictures of me listening to them. I was going to give them another shot later that afternoon, but they were being packed up 
frown.gif
 Haha I see Kunal concentrating very hard with those HD650s. I tried to do the same with the O2, but I couldn't. Everything flows so smoothly with delicacy, that I entered my own little world 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 28, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #72 of 186

Quote:

what do you intend to drive the LCD2's with.

Ah yes, do you have the LCD-2, Dave? I read that you were contemplating bringing them to the meet (don't know if you had/have them yet or not). Did you end up getting them? 

Jun 28, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #73 of 186
Nice impressions. Sounds like a fun meet. 

Jun 28, 2010 at 12:47 AM Post #75 of 186

Quote:
Haha Dave looks very happy with them 
biggrin.gif
 Don't think there are any pictures of me listening to them. I was going to give them another shot later that afternoon, but they were being packed up 
frown.gif
 Haha I see Kunal concentrating very hard with those HD650s. I tried to do the same with the O2, but I couldn't. Everything flows so smoothly with delicacy, that I entered my own little world 
rolleyes.gif

Oops! It's my mistake..... I got them but I did not arrange them on time. I'm very sorry about that and now I post them.... ^ ^ However, the photos look quite strange.... 

For the description.... Alex seem have a problem with small-size headphones and he looks happy with full size (circumaural) headphones.... ^ ^

P.S. David still looks happy....^ ^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back