Melbourne 2nd Meet 2010 - 26.06.2010 impressions
Jun 28, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #91 of 186

Quote:
How do you do that cool bi-location trick, Kunal? 
smile.gif
This is how you compare the HD650 and 800 at the same time.

The LCD-2 would have been at the meet had they arrived in time. As it is, I'll still be waiting another three or four weeks at least, I think.

Alex, get ready to sell your gear. If I like the LCD-2, the O2s will be on the market :) [and vice-versa of course]

Haha... I use photo editing software and I merged two photos together and it looks like there are two Kunal in the same time ^ ^

LCD-2 sounds so interested but it seems so expensive... I think I could not but it (it's unreachable ^ ^)

Jun 28, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #92 of 186

And this picture... I think I like it so much.... Unfortunately I cannot take the photo of all attendees that I cannot show them all. 

I'm very sorry for my mistake in this picture that I cannot put all best photos with the headphones....

This picture can show the emotion of the attendees via headphones....

Jun 28, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #93 of 186
Did you use Photoshop? I assume you did. Nice picture 
beerchug.gif

Jun 28, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #95 of 186
Stang I think you will love the O2s in the long run considering you loved them at a meet and they are more the type of HP to not try to WOW or impress like the K1000 or HD800.  I heard them for the first time at CanJam and was floored.  I knew that was the headphone I wanted.  I've listened to pretty much every major high end and mid fi headphone and I have a good amount of pretty high end headphones myself, but the O2 is still probably my favorite and definitely what I measure all other headphones by.  
As for your amp situation, try to get somebody to build you a KGSS or exstata if your budget is really limited.  Either that or wait a while for the new KGSSHV board run to start, which should be really, really good and cost a little more than the KGSS/exstata to build supposedly.

Jun 28, 2010 at 4:22 AM Post #96 of 186

Quote:
Hmm well idk what I am going to do. Tomorrow I am going to buy another desk, strictly for audio. On it I will have speakers, record player, Playstation 1, MAD Ear+ HD, Grado HF-2. 
Computer setup I want Zero DAC>M3>DT880. If anything, I will sell my HF-2 and MAD Ear+ HD for a pair of K1000. My Qinpu A3 amp I just sold could have powered the K1000 decently (HeadphoneAddict said it I think), so dunno what amp I would buy for them. Hopefully a friend or family member doesn't use their amp 
tongue.gif
 Dunno though, might end up just keeping all this and not going up the ladder. Who knows.

You need a huge table now.

Jun 28, 2010 at 4:39 AM Post #98 of 186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collagen 

I bought them in Daiso Shop (Japanese gift Shop that everything in this shop is $2) in Bangkok. I'm not sure that it is available in Japanese grocery in Melbourne.

Bangkok?? Well that's no help. I'll just stick with Stax and Woo stands then...

Quote:
Collagen said:

And this picture... I think I like it so much.... Unfortunately I cannot take the photo of all attendees that I cannot show them all. 

I'm very sorry for my mistake in this picture that I cannot put all best photos with the headphones....

This picture can show the emotion of the attendees via headphones....

Good work with the pics, and by merging them there are less so the page doesnt take forever to load - yeh!

Quote:
Stang I think you will love the O2s in the long run considering you loved them at a meet and they are more the type of HP to not try to WOW or impress like the K1000 or HD800.  I heard them for the first time at CanJam and was floored.  I knew that was the headphone I wanted.  I've listened to pretty much every major high end and mid fi headphone and I have a good amount of pretty high end headphones myself, but the O2 is still probably my favorite and definitely what I measure all other headphones by.  
As for your amp situation, try to get somebody to build you a KGSS or exstata if your budget is really limited.  Either that or wait a while for the new KGSSHV board run to start, which should be really, really good and cost a little more than the KGSS/exstata to build supposedly.

That's a bit of an understatement.

I too am eagerly awaiting the KGSSHV, especially if it compares well with BH and T2. 

Jun 28, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #100 of 186

Quote:
About the improvement over $500...The real differences once you get past a certain price point (IME), is that colouration is just added to the sound. For example, buy a $800, well built DAC, like the DAC-19DSP and you will gain lots of detail. Once you go past that performance point, you most likely aren't getting many more details at all (not sure of this though, as I haven't tried one better, but others believe it to be true), you will just be adding colouration to the sound. You may or may not like this. Same with headphones. The K701 are very detailed and getting more detailed cans than that will vary a lot on your current equipment, too. The most likely changed in headphones will be bass quantity, soundstage, emphasised frequencies etc. Not detail revival etc. Dunno if this theory is true or not, though, but it is what I like to think 
tongue.gif
 You see, I love the O2 for their presentation. I do not notice a difference (or try to) in detail, how revealing they are etc. I notice how smooth they sound, how relaxing they can make music sound, without being boring at the same time.

I feel I would have to agree to that, from personal experience and as everyone says, at the end of the day everything is about music enjoyment and not data retrieval.

Jun 28, 2010 at 5:08 AM Post #101 of 186

Quote:
You need a huge table now.

Well I am going to rearrange my room so I can fit a big table 
biggrin.gif
 I am just not sure if It is the best idea. I usually only stick to one thing and like to be in front of my computer all the time, as opposed to moving to another desk with no computer just to listen to music. Maybe I should use this desk as a PS3/gaming desk and build a huge desk with dad for audio and my computer. But that would be like 2+m long....Current one is 1.5M and is really cramped. Speakers are the issue. 

n3rdling: thanks for the suggestion. I will have to look into that. I am not a DIY person as of now (nor do I really plan to for several years), so I would have to ask someone else to do it for me on these forums that I know. I wish I could try those O2s once more to see if I would be happy with them (even if David doesn't sell them, I may still pursue them from someone else in the future), or they are just a once off wow (like what I think the K1000 were). Well, at least as of now I don't have to be stuck in the low/mid-fi range, I can go to the high end range feeling confident I made the right decision. 

No doubt I love my DT880 and M3 combo, even now. But at the meet I tried the O2, went back to the DT880 and found them dull, bright and lifeless. Lacking a lot of features compared to the O2. I need a new DAC for all this anyway or so it seems, so it looks like I am looking at spending ~$2k for a setup. Good time to buy now because I just got my Learners permit (got 100% on the test
cool.gif
) and in 2 or 3 years probably am going to buy a car, so I should spend whatever I have now on audio gear 
wink.gif

Jun 28, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #102 of 186

Quote:

agree
regular_smile .gif
, o2 is like fine old wine, you really have to sit down and relax  in a quiet enviroment to really appreciate it's full strength. other heapphone are more like stuffs you  buy over the bar in the pub and still can enjoy them,  akin to meet conditon.
biggrin.gif

stang: i am thinking of selling that exstata you heard in the meet now, if you are interested, but of course duckman (david) have priority over it in case  he still want it. i think  i want to build the kgsshv now
redface.gif

Jun 28, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #103 of 186

Quote:
agree
regular_smile%20.gif
, o2 is like fine old wine, you really have to sit down and relax  in a quiet enviroment to really appreciate it's full strength. other heapphone are more like stuffs you  buy over the bar in the pub and still can enjoy them,  akin to meet conditon.
biggrin.gif

stang: i am thinking of selling that exstata you heard in the meet now, if you are interested, but of course duckman (david) have priority over it in case  he still want it. i think  i want to build the kgsshv now
redface.gif

Ah yes, completely understandable if he does want to buy it from you, he does own the O2, after all 
biggrin.gif
 Just wondering, how much would you sell the exstata for? I just need a round figure of how much I will be looking at spending on an amp for the O2.

Jun 28, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #104 of 186

Quote:

Bangkok?? Well that's no help. I'll just stick with Stax and Woo stands then...

Good work with the pics, and by merging them there are less so the page doesnt take forever to load - yeh!

That's a bit of an understatement.

I too am eagerly awaiting the KGSSHV, especially if it compares well with BH and T2. 

Thank you very much for your comment. When I go back to Thailand (I have to go back very soon), I will buy it and ship it if you want 
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back