Melbourne 2nd Meet 2010 - 26.06.2010 impressions
Jun 26, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #16 of 186

Thanks to Yukari and Duckman for organising such a great meeting.

Not the O2 or K1000 that impressed me but all the friendship you guys bring in are very nice.

I really want to listen to the O2 with more powerful amplify, i think it will be a huge improve (it was happened with my K1000 too.)

To stang - your MAD Ear+HD is one of my favorite amp today.

To evilZardoz - K1000 will waiting for you in 3rd meet.
popcorn.gif

Jun 26, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #22 of 186

Quote:

warm corner..

I am wearing my DT880 
beyersmile.png

Glad to hear it, lejatte145 
biggrin.gif
 My MAD Ear+ HD seemed to be quite popular at this meet, but even more so at the first meet. I definitely have fun tube rolling with it, got about 9 spare tubes haha.
I am already missing those O2's..I am quite surprised some did not like them. They made my DT880 sound bright and dull; lacking body in comparison. I never compared the K1000 and O2, but I do believe the K1000 is better (IME), but just like the K701, excels with some genres, but sounds down right poor with others. 

Jun 26, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #24 of 186
Nice little meet! Was in Melbourne during the week, but not until the weekend.

Quote:
I am already missing those O2's..I am quite surprised some did not like them. They made my DT880 sound bright and dull; lacking body in comparison. I never compared the K1000 and O2, but I do believe the K1000 is better (IME), but just like the K701, excels with some genres, but sounds down right poor with others. 

I agree K1000 >HD800. The K1000 - bass heavy version and O2 (plus the rest of my stax in general) are my favourite headphones.

Regarding the eXstata with the O2, the earspeakers will apparently sound much better out of a better amp... like the BHSE which is damn expensive.

Jun 26, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #26 of 186

Quote:
Nice little meet! Was in Melbourne during the week, but not until the weekend.

I agree K1000 >HD800. The K1000 - bass heavy version and O2 (plus the rest of my stax in general) are my favourite headphones.

Regarding the eXstata with the O2, the earspeakers will apparently sound much better out of a better amp... like the BHSE which is damn expensive.

But it sounded soooo good out of it. The only thing I could want more of is the mids, guitars sounded a tad laid back. The high's were beautifully rolled off.

Jun 26, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #27 of 186
The meet was a very different one compare to the first one earlier this year.
The most important bit was the organisation, it was a massive improvement over the first,I feel we are learning and improvement just makes it better.
A big thanks to Yukari and Duckman-David for organising it.
It is not always easy to organise meets,both need very well in making sure the place was setup way before everyone arrived and refreshments were waiting there for us when we came.

My AKG 701's saw more use then any other headphones at the meet,I wanted to try them with other setups but everttime I looked out for them I found them on someone elses head,just shows you what a nice pair they are.

Everyone was so busy taking photos of each other with the stax and the K1000's, I don't feel we did any serious listening at the early stages of the meet.meets are all about that,aren't they.

Auditor it is one pretty amp isn't it.

The O2 setup,I feel that amp there could kill a few people, that thing had such sharp edges, very industrial if you ask me.
Many members enjoyed the O2's very much,I personally felt the mids very a bit more recessed then I would have liked.
They performed beautifully,could have been better amped, but very decent across the whole frquency range, the upper highs were a little rolled off.

Funky looking chinese amp,did'nt get a chance to listen to it.

Yours truly setup.

Stangs setup, the PS1 is supposed to be out of this world CD player.

Peeping Tom

The lunch couldn't have been any better,sizzling pizzas on a cold chilling morning.

Miscellenious pictures of the Meet.

The beautiful K1000's, these were the absolute best earspeakers or headphones at the meet, sounded like a very nice set of speakers playing close to your ears.
I loved the low end extention they had along with the quantity.
The soundstage was second to none  and beautiful treble,it was all there, I dream  pait of headphones I feel,could not say that about comfort.

The World War I times amp that ran the K1000's

Some chinese pair that raised some eyebrows,I personally felt they sounded like some chinese speakers with loads of coloured treble.

Stang enjoying his own setup.

Jun 26, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #28 of 186
Lol the only pics of me are when I am using my own gear 
tongue.gif
 Mind you I listened to my gear (comparing DT880 to DT990) and the Stax O2 setup the most. 
Oh and that last pic of me looks a little whack 
rolleyes.gif
 My smile looks odd and my eyes are like half closed 
tongue.gif

Jun 27, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #30 of 186

Hello,

Firstly, I would like to thank you David and Yukari so much for very fantastic meeting. ^ ^

I would like to thank everyone that brought the gears to share in the meeting. I surprised about my recabled HF2 that many people used it... However, I still don't know about the cable (my friend told me that it's vintage cable).

This meeting, I spent more time in trying many headphones and amplifiers. I like Stax 404 so much. It reproduces sweet and smooth sound that can make me feel so good ^ ^

I felt strength with AKG K1000 due to the drivers are not attach to my ears and they're adjustable (so amazing). It provides very good sound (with very good amp) but I have to adjust the position when I change the songs ^ ^.

For HD800, I also like this one, it provides clear sound with wide sound stage but it costs so much...

Unfortunately, I was sick last week and I'd just felt good and I still got headache yesterday. I tried a lot of headphones but I cannot try them well 
confused_face.gif

Lastly, thank you very much.... And hope to see you later...... ^ ^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back