Melbourne 2nd Meet 2010 - 26.06.2010 impressions
Jun 27, 2010 at 2:58 AM Post #32 of 186
I like to think of Audio-GD as the higher end Little Dot company. Even better value for money, newer technology (or so it seems), more enthusiasm and better products (IMO). So yeah, definitely take a look at Audio-GD if you have not already.

Jun 27, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #33 of 186

Quote:
I like to think of Audio-GD as the higher end Little Dot company. Even better value for money, newer technology (or so it seems), more enthusiasm and better products (IMO). So yeah, definitely take a look at Audio-GD if you have not already.

I know the value for money fact, but their products can get ridiculously expensive, not because they are marked up but because the cost of the high-end components used.

The cost of 1 PCM 1704UK chip is $80.00,only a few companies use them.audio-gd uses 8 in some of their DACs
Lavry makes its own sigma delta chip.

Jun 27, 2010 at 3:26 AM Post #34 of 186
Yeah haha. Some of their products are very expensive, but well worth the price. If you are on a budget, probably best to stick to something like Little Dot. 
I would LOVE to own or give the DAC-19DSP a go, but my budget certainly does not allow me to buy it. Possibly something like the Matrix Mini-i is something more within my budget, but I really do want the K1000 or Stax O2. Heck, I have about $3000 worth of audio equipment, plenty, but I love the majority of my gear, so it will be very tough figuring which things to sell 
frown.gif
 Those Stax are definitely worth the cost IMO. My DT880 sound better than ever now (just changed op amps from OPA627 to AD8065), but I remember going from the Stax back to my DT880 and my DT880 were fairly shrill (like going from DT880 to HF-2), lifeless and lacked so much that the O2 had to offer. I know this is getting out of hand, but wow, those Stax 
eek.gif
 David is one lucky man to be able to have those at his home 
biggrin.gif

Still; even if I did sell ~$2000 worth of gear, finding a Stax O2 will prove to be a difficult task. K1000 on the other hand...they are pretty easy to find, especially on ebay (European mainly). I am quite shocked that some did not like the O2. I guess what I am looking for is exactly what they offer: warm, lush, yet detailed sound. K1000 jazz, imo, are in another league, but I am not 100% into Jazz as of now, so I should hold off buying anything too soon I suppose.

Jun 27, 2010 at 3:40 AM Post #35 of 186

Quote:
Yeah haha. Some of their products are very expensive, but well worth the price. If you are on a budget, probably best to stick to something like Little Dot. 
I would LOVE to own or give the DAC-19DSP a go, but my budget certainly does not allow me to buy it. Possibly something like the Matrix Mini-i is something more within my budget, but I really do want the K1000 or Stax O2. Heck, I have about $3000 worth of audio equipment, plenty, but I love the majority of my gear, so it will be very tough figuring which things to sell 
frown.gif
 Those Stax are definitely worth the cost IMO. My DT880 sound better than ever now (just changed op amps from OPA627 to AD8065), but I remember going from the Stax back to my DT880 and my DT880 were fairly shrill (like going from DT880 to HF-2), lifeless and lacked so much that the O2 had to offer. I know this is getting out of hand, but wow, those Stax 
eek.gif
 David is one lucky man to be able to have those at his home 
biggrin.gif

Still; even if I did sell ~$2000 worth of gear, finding a Stax O2 will prove to be a difficult task. K1000 on the other hand...they are pretty easy to find, especially on ebay (European mainly). I am quite shocked that some did not like the O2. I guess what I am looking for is exactly what they offer: warm, lush, yet detailed sound. K1000 jazz, imo, are in another league, but I am not 100% into Jazz as of now, so I should hold off buying anything too soon I suppose.

I don't feel one can have K1000's by itself, you would need other pairs,also don't know how long one can have them on the head without any pain.

Jun 27, 2010 at 4:01 AM Post #36 of 186

Quote:
I don't feel one can have K1000's by itself, you would need other pairs,also don't know how long one can have them on the head without any pain.

I concur, although I didn't really find them uncomfortable. The O2, I feel that they are the only pair of headphone I would need, as they did great with jazz, rock and metal. But the K1000 amazed me more. They sounded soooo good with that jazz album, I was blown away. I think DT880 and K1000 or just Stax O2 would be ideal. O2 better than DT880 in every way IMO.

Jun 27, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #38 of 186
Thanks everyone for posting their impressions!

I emailed WooAudio about the headphone stand, and hope to get back from them soon.
They have two designs, the latter one has single or double version.

http://www.wooaudio.com/products/wahps.html
http://www.wooaudio.com/products/wahps2.html

Once I got a reply from wooaudio, I would probably start a group buy thread =)

Jun 27, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #39 of 186
Hehehe. I will have to think very, VERY hard about letting that one go. DT880 will be no problem to let go (as explained already), HF-2 will be relatively hard to let go, but are fairly easy to re-buy. Zero DAC? Easy 
biggrin.gif
 M3...hmmm...got it for such a good price and is soooo good! Might be a keeper. Dunno about my portable system though. Paid so much for my Walkman X1060 that if I sold it, I would be losing a LOT of money (like $150). UM3X...don't really need as I rarely use them (maybe 10 hours a month). Well, I have about $3k worth of gear, so yeah...
wink.gif

Jun 27, 2010 at 5:43 AM Post #41 of 186
LOL! Nice guess, I turned 16 on May 21 
biggrin.gif

On another note, it's nice to see people have interest in my gear. If there are any other people that are interested into my audio gear (minus M3, I think, and Playstation 1), please drop me a PM, with or without an offer 
beyersmile.png

Jun 27, 2010 at 6:04 AM Post #43 of 186

Quote:
I don't feel one can have K1000's by itself, you would need other pairs,also don't know how long one can have them on the head without any pain

i've heard many discussion about the K1000's comfort. i think whoever design this headphone is totally out of the box and using totally different scenario in every way.(from connecting, wearing, looking,...if you know what i mean)

with usual headphone you need to fell something attached to your ears firmly, the more it tight the better sound they are. 
However, not with the K1000. I actually find myself comfortably using it (2-3hours continuously) by just sit them loosely on my head. the loosen they are the more comfort you get and believe it or not  the sound is even better too.

or my be it is becourse of my head is smaller than your!!!
floatsmile.png

Jun 27, 2010 at 6:19 AM Post #45 of 186
Yeah, I noticed that just a week after I bought my DT880, quite disappointed really. So you are interested in their DT880 600ohm and headphone stand? Sounds like you will enjoy the DT880s. With my M3 they really are something else 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back