Meier Audio StepDance (Obsolete)
May 7, 2010 at 9:18 AM Post #46 of 55
Just when we thought things couldn't get any more interesting than the Protector and the Slim comes this.  Another device to add to a possible future transportable rig.

May 8, 2010 at 8:02 AM Post #47 of 55
That is sad that the amp cannot release in May , as now the EURO is so good to buy one!
L3000.gif

May 8, 2010 at 8:58 AM Post #48 of 55
What a bummer, I was really hoping to pick one up by the end of this month, but now we have to wait for a few more months
frown.gif

May 10, 2010 at 11:31 AM Post #50 of 55
I will be bringing a review loaner to CanJam.

May 10, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #51 of 55
Nice, except I still won't be able to heard it on the other side of the world
tongue.gif

May 11, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #52 of 55
Quote:
Yet this amp is something very special.

First of all it uses the concept of active balanced ground. This concept offers many of the advantages of pure balanced headphone connections but without the need of recabling your headphones.

Secondly, volume control is discrete. An AD-converter measures the position of the volume-potentiometer and controls a number of electronic switches that set the gain. This not only eliminates any channel imbalances but also results in a clearly more detailed and cleaner sound.

Thirdly, internally the 9V battery voltage can be doubled, resulting in a 18V power line, which offers superior driving capacity in comparison to internal Li-ion batteries. Also the power supply has a total of 6000 microF filtercapacity (Nichicon Audio-grade).

This amp is thus ment for those people who simply wants the best sound on the road and therefore gladly accept the disadvantages of a slightly larger size, a higher than average current consumption and the absence of an internal rechargeable battery.

This sounds absolutely fantastic. Looking forward to this! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back