Meier Audio Daccord
Jan 20, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #61 of 715
Quote:
Why left the support of 24/176 in behind, as there are records in such format in market?

I have never seen that resolution used anywhere? Did you mean 24/192?

Jan 20, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #63 of 715
Quote:
176(.4) is a multiply of 44(.1)...

Ahh - yes! Sorry. I just did a search and I see that Reference Recordings use that sample rate. HDTracks use 192. 

Jan 24, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #64 of 715
[size=10pt]Very happy Daccord/Classic user reporting in![/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]I bought the Daccord/Classic package + T1s mid-November. Since the Daccord was not out yet Jan shipped Classic and T1s first. [/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]The Classic + T1s were a major upgrade to my Schiit Lyr/Bifrost + AKG702s. For someone who enjoys a very neutral sound the Classic and T1s was a great combo. However the whole setup was bottlenecked as the source was the crappy DAC on my computer motherboard. This actually put me off using my T1s until I received the Daccord as the music sounded good but felt dead.[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]A couple of weeks later, plus some extra days for good measure (didn’t realize that DHL was so slooow) the Daccord appeared at my front door…exciting![/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
The Daccord itself is nicely built and has a high quality feel about it. The case is a matte colour black (fingerprints begone!) while the front panel is a brushed aluminium. It's the same size as the Corda Classic so it'll stack up perfectly plus the footprint is quite small.

[size=10pt]Wires hooked up…CHECK, power plugged in…CHECK, drivers installed…CHECK…. …. …. No sound…after playing around with the drivers and settings I realized that it would help if the headphones were actually plugged in…doh!![/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]Enough beating around the bush, onto the sound now. This is all just my opinion and YMMV. I’m not particularly versed in all the sound terminology so I’m just describing how the music sounds to my ears.[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]I tried out the Daccord>Classic>702s first as my T1s were packed up. My first impression was just this “WOW, I didn’t know that the 702s could sound this good”. The AKGs are known to be weak on bass, but I reckon this pairing sufficiently corrects this issue. The Daccord/Classic isn’t going to give your AKGs super bass…but it was definitely enough to make me note the difference.[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]After hearing the AKGs, it made me wonder how the T1s would sound. I was not disappointed. The addition of the Daccord made all the difference as the details in the music jumped up and become more apparent. Listening to the Skyrim main theme though this setup sent shivers through my spine. It really made me feel like right there with the orchestra around me.[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]I’ve listened to some expensive setups $5k+ with the T1s and AKGs. All have been very impressive, but for the price Jan is asking for, the Daccord is extremely good value for money. It has heaps of inputs and output options which make the DAC very versatile. I’ve connected my A5+ to the preamp outputs on the Daccord which I'm loving as well.[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]So if you’re looking for great value neutral sounding gear, I can definitely recommend the Corda Daccord and Classic.[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]Here are some pics…gf stole my camera so crappy phone photos will have to do.[/size]

Blue LEDS on black is sexy

Heaps of options to hook your gear up

Nice little stack

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #65 of 715
Awesome!

They look great, and if it sounds anything like a Stagedac + Concerto + T1, I know from personal experience they sound great too! I think it's great that Jan keeps improving his products every few years.

Jan 24, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #66 of 715
To me they do look great.

I wish to commend Jan for putting the electronics in a simple box with an aluminium panel on the front.

This is so much better than the many "designer" type cases that Hi Fi comes in these days, many of those are just hideous imho.

I think it's good that there is an aluminium or black option but best of all, just a simple design.

Jan 24, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #67 of 715
IT looks awesome Congratulations!!! I loved the T1 on my Concerto they are like made for each other. I can only imagine how they Classic and Daccord sounds like. It will be very expensive to find a better sounding setup. 

Jan 24, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #68 of 715
Thanks for the information and pictures Yeeman.  That is great looking gear for sure, although it appears to suffer from the bright blue LED plague of this electronics age.  If the Daccord came with a remote for volume control I would probably order one on the spot.  As it is, I may still order it if I decide on a separate preamp/headphone amp with a remote, rather than some all-in-one DAC/preamp/headphone amp.

Jan 24, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #69 of 715
Quote:
Thanks for the information and pictures Yeeman.  That is great looking gear for sure, although it appears to suffer from the bright blue LED plague of this electronics age.  If the Daccord came with a remote for volume control I would probably order one on the spot.  As it is, I may still order it if I decide on a separate preamp/headphone amp with a remote, rather than some all-in-one DAC/preamp/headphone amp.

There are two excellent points here.

I would like to see a switch to turn off the LEDs.

The other thing, much more important, would be to add a remote control. The remote control is hugely useful with a headphone amplifier. My Sugden HeadMaster has a remote control and really it is very good indeed to have. I have the amplifier such that it can be used in two locations, one is when I am sitting at my desk, the other is when I am on my futon (which is in my study as well). When I am sitting at my desk my Sugden HeadMaster is out of reach, so, I use my remote control. Very handy it is!

Jan 30, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #70 of 715
Dear headfellows,

> I would like to see a switch to turn off the LEDs.

Due to the implementation this would be technically pretty complicated and thereby expensive.

However, it is easily possible to reduce the brightness with a simple match or wooden toothpick. The LED's are not mounted/fixed to the frontplate but on their "legs" to the PCB. Using a thin wooden pin (no metal as this may scratch the LED) it is very easy to bend the LEDs slightly inwards.

> The remote control is hugely useful with a headphone amplifier.

Again, would be very epsensive to implement. And a remote control for a headphone amplifier? By nature one is normally just a few feet removed from the amp!

Cheers

Jan

Jan 30, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #71 of 715
Quote:
..... And a remote control for a headphone amplifier? By nature one is normally just a few feet removed from the amp!  
Cheers

Jan

Many of us use our desktop computer systems as full on all-in-one entertainment centers, with preamp outputs of a DAC/Preamp going directly to powered studio monitors as well as headphone amp.   So then a remote for volume control would be nice when sitting back a distance from the screen watching moves.  Also, even when using headphones just for music I am often not wanting to sit directly up at the computer, but am off in a more comfortable chair at nearly the fully length of the stock HD650 cable and would rather be able to use a remote for volume at those times as well. 

P.S. Bass and Treble controls would be nice as well :)

Feb 2, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #72 of 715
Quote:

What a lovely looking stack! That said if it was me, I would have chosen the Zebrano or the Makassar for the Sieveking 
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 3, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #73 of 715
Quote:

What a lovely looking stack! That said if it was me, I would have chosen the Zebrano or the Makassar for the Sieveking 
evil_smiley.gif

Yeh pity it was a gift...if only I had a choice 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 6, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #74 of 715
Guys, I am a neophyte looking for salvation at ~1000USD so please be gentle with me. Is the classic+daccord combo good enough for LCD2, HE-500 and maybe even HD800 (less important)?

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #75 of 715
Quote:
Guys, I am a neophyte looking for salvation at ~1000USD so please be gentle with me. Is the classic+daccord combo good enough for LCD2, HE-500 and maybe even HD800 (less important)?

If the Classic and Concerto are so much alike as Jan Meier say I will dare to speak based on my experience with my Concerto.

It will be good enough and I am sure you will enjoy it. BUT I have brought my Concerto and Stagedac to several meets and I always found that HD800 and specially T1/T5p have much better synergy with the Concerto (and the Classic I am guessing) than the LCD-2 and HE-500. It would also be important to know that I never really liked the sound of LCD-2 or HE-500 compared to T1 and HD800. To me the T1 sounds the best I have heard it paired with the Concerto. Only much more expensive tube-amps sounds as good with T1 IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back