Meier Audio Daccord
Nov 17, 2012 at 6:46 AM Post #16 of 715
Quote:
Impressive piece of equipment.
A bit off topic Jan, have you considered producing a power amp or an integrated amp?
smily_headphones1.gif

I remember some years ago Jan did produce Corda Poweramp1.
I also want to know too if Jan has any plan to produce loudspeaker amp again. Thus we could have Corda HeadFi and HiFi combo !!

Nov 17, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #17 of 715
Dear headfellows,

> as i only use usb through an m2tech hiface2 to my stagedac's spdif i probably will not gain anything then?

The new DAC does have a slightly better sound but the STAGEDAC is still a fine device that gives a lot of pleasure. No real reason to upgrade.

" A bit off topic Jan, have you considered producing a power amp or an integrated amp?"

Poweramps were produced quite a few years ago. They were very fine sounding (I still have some of them for personal use) but interest was relatively low. People know me for my headamps, not for my speakeramps. Moreover, there are so many choices in poweramps .....

Cheers

Jan

Nov 18, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #19 of 715
Which filter settings are automatically used? Minimum phase apodizing filter sounds best in my and many others' opinion (top pulse response and bottom oversampling on the StageDAC). It's a major advantage to be able to use this - it's only been used in ultra high end DACs until recently - and it would be unfortunate if it wasn't available anymore.

Nov 18, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #20 of 715
I think it is a good thing that it is not possible to change the filters. I never used them that much on my Stagedac and could hardly tell the difference. I look forward to read impressions when the first ones are shipped. 

Nov 18, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #21 of 715
The other changes Jan made (jitter control with TXCOs, changes to the output) should not be underestimated. On paper, this DAC should be very competitive.

Nov 21, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #22 of 715
"Which filter settings are automatically used? Minimum phase apodizing filter sounds best in my and many others' opinion"

That's exactly how it is!

:)

Jan

Nov 21, 2012 at 6:46 AM Post #23 of 715
Quote:
"Which filter settings are automatically used? Minimum phase apodizing filter sounds best in my and many others' opinion"

That's exactly how it is!

:)

Jan

Which setting is that on the old stagedac?

Thanks!

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #24 of 715
^ look up the page. What s4nder wrote.

Nov 29, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #25 of 715
Looks awesome - all the upgrades that I would have wanted from a new StageDAC...except for the removal of the crossfeed delay control (it and tone balance are the only controls that I actually used, besides enabling or disable crossfeed of course).  Therefore I have a question - which of the three crossfeed delay settings on the old StageDAC is most similar to the default settings on the new Daccord?

Thanks!

Nov 29, 2012 at 6:22 AM Post #26 of 715
Quote:
Looks awesome - all the upgrades that I would have wanted from a new StageDAC...except for the removal of the crossfeed delay control (it and tone balance are the only controls that I actually used, besides enabling or disable crossfeed of course).  Therefore I have a question - which of the three crossfeed delay settings on the old StageDAC is most similar to the default settings on the new Daccord?

Thanks!

My experience with crossfeed in Rockbox on my Classic is that one good setting is all that you need. Once I got it right, I never changed it. So hopefully the crossfeed setting on the Daccord is a good one.

(In fact, it does have two settings in addition to Off: Medium and High.)

Nov 30, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #27 of 715
Subscribed.

I just dropped too much on this round of upgrades (DACport LX, AH-D7000s, and, of course, a Corda (Jazz)) So I won't be able to justify another purchase for a while
frown.gif
. But as a VERY satisfied Meier customer, I'm always interesting in keeping up to date :)

Dec 12, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #28 of 715
Subscribed.
Look forward to know more about it.
L3000.gif

Dec 30, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #29 of 715
Got a reply from Jan. Looks like the Daccord is shipping out now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back