Meier Audio Corda Soul - TOTL DAC/AMP/DSP
Apr 10, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #196 of 358
Dear Gene,

Glad to hear you like your amp. It's always a bit of a gamble when you buy something that you haven't been able to test before.

"I tried to connect lcd4 but , maybe I didn’t find out right way to connect, the same with lcd3"

Were you not able to physically connect or is something wrong with the sound? Just send me an e-mail at meier-audio@t-online.de if you experience any problems.

Also contact me if you need drivers for Windows-systems.

With computer-audio please make sure you have bit-perfect data-transfer. This really makes a difference that can be clearly heard.

Enjoy your new toy,

Jan
Jan how are you, pleasure to meet you, even in chat,English unfortunately not my first language that’s why I didn’t say clearly, I been able to connect headphones, but seems to me for LCD4 not enough power, with lcd3 was my mistake, I probably been so excited and missed something, but after I tried all my headphones with Soul and all of them sound like never before. I really appreciate what you made for us, music lovers, yours product make music sound much better then so many gears on the market today , I’m so happy to become new owners of Corda Souls , Thank You so much to you and all your team for your job and your attention to every customer ! I really mean it

Apr 12, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #197 of 358
Dear Gene,

"seems to me for LCD4"

With the gain-switch set to medium you should have no problems getting adequate sound levels. However, you may have to turn up volume control futher than you're used to do.
Stand-alone amplifiers can be connected to sources with strongly varying output voltages: 200mVrms is not uncommon for a portable player where as a stationary CD-player has 2Vrms. Therefore the gain factor is rather high so you can get decent sound levels with a 200mVrms source. With a 2Vrms you then don't have to turn up further than 9..10 o'clock.
With the SOUL the output voltage of the source (internal DAC-section) is fixed and gain factor of the output stage can be optimized as to fit as large a range of headphones as possible. With the LCD-4 you will have to turn up volume more than you're used to but that's only a psychological matter. The SOUL has more than enough power to drive this headphone most adequatly. Only with a Susvara or a K1000 (or the like) the maximum sound level might be a little bit limited.

Cheers

Jan

Apr 12, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #198 of 358
Dear Gene,

"seems to me for LCD4"

With the gain-switch set to medium you should have no problems getting adequate sound levels. However, you may have to turn up volume control futher than you're used to do.
Stand-alone amplifiers can be connected to sources with strongly varying output voltages: 200mVrms is not uncommon for a portable player where as a stationary CD-player has 2Vrms. Therefore the gain factor is rather high so you can get decent sound levels with a 200mVrms source. With a 2Vrms you then don't have to turn up further than 9..10 o'clock.
With the SOUL the output voltage of the source (internal DAC-section) is fixed and gain factor of the output stage can be optimized as to fit as large a range of headphones as possible. With the LCD-4 you will have to turn up volume more than you're used to but that's only a psychological matter. The SOUL has more than enough power to drive this headphone most adequatly. Only with a Susvara or a K1000 (or the like) the maximum sound level might be a little bit limited.

Cheers

Jan
Dear Jan thank you for instructions, I’ll try again, I realized on lcd3 Soul has much more power than I thought, now Soul become my favorite equipment to listen to music, thank you again

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #199 of 358
Dear Gene,

"seems to me for LCD4"

Cheers

Thank You for advice, For lcd4 Soul has much more than enough power

Apr 13, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #200 of 358
After my post: “how I came to the soul” I remembered a few points in the course of time that I forgot to mention.

Everyone has its special repertoire of music tracks to which you can test whether and how you like a device XY.
Among other things, this is a Fritz Reiner recording of Living Stereo: on the beautiful blue Danube.

The soul manages to make the concert hall vibrate and at the same time to present the enormous dynamic effortlessly without getting annoying.
I can’t put this vibration of the concert hall into words, but it’s a difference whether violins and celli are reproduced correctly (which in itself is a remarkable achievement of the sound engineer) or whether the air of the hall is acoustically stimulated and interacts with it.
Very hard to describe but a very big thing is that, almost scary.

I’m not even a big fan of classical music, but with the soul I noticed such musical details, which I knew only from hearsay.
The soul has always very cleanly under control, so passages that have previously generated a certain stress are audible
Because it sucks.
Keyword: Piccolo flute
Since then, the use of the same has always been a certain scourge: sharply and uncontrollably shoots (etches) the flute into the ear canal.
With the soul comes the crystal clear and striking but completely undistorted and bearable.
After several weeks I find that when the flute starts I still unconsciously pinch my eyes (out of habit)
what is now no longer necessary :smile_phones:
I have therefore sometimes thought about what makes a person to play such a pfeeet pfeeet as a full-time job :ksc75smile:

As crazy as that sounds: because the soul does a lot of things and that so of course right some things are not so noticeable for the time being.
It has happened to me more often lately that I have completely forgotten the technique, it simply wasn’t there, just the music and me.
This is of course due to the great combination of Soul and Ether2, but it is also due to the seeming triviality, that Jan has installed very unobtrusive LED’s.

May 28, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #201 of 358
Just saw that Jan currently offers his spring sale Deals.
The Corda Soul is now quite the bargain, thought this deserves a thread bump.

May 29, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #203 of 358
Does the Soul accept optical input from a computer or DAP?

Also, does it have analog output for using an external tube headphone amp?

How does it compare to the CHORD DAVE?

Finally, what is the price in USD?
Yes the soul has 3 optical inputs.

It has analogue out but only XLR and no RCA

No idea how it compares to the DAVE.

And for USD pricing you probably need to write a Mail to:
meier-audio@t-online.de

May 29, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #206 of 358
May 29, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #209 of 358
That’s too bad about no RCA. Looks like a non starter for those who want to use a tube amp.
Even tho most tube amps are single ended internally they still offer XLR connectors, I can't see where this is a detriment to tube amps in particular.

However I agree that if a dac offers only XLR or RCA it should be RCA as default and XLR as special request, not the other way round

May 29, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #210 of 358
Its
Even tho most tube amps are single ended internally they still offer XLR connectors, I can't see where this is a detriment to tube amps in particular.

However I agree that if a dac offers only XLR or RCA it should be RCA as default and XLR as special request, not the other way round
It’s very questionable, I changed my cables long time ago and I think a lot of people did the same, when I buy not cheap cans and other equipment I try to get the best results of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back