MEElectronics Thread!!!
May 8, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #211 of 386
Quote:

You sound like the sweet sound signature isn't for you...  That is what people who generally don't like a sweet sound signature will say sweet IEMs will sound like.  Two examples of this are the A151 as well as multiple people saying the same thing about the ASG-1.  I can't really see where they are coming from with the AM-radio sound, so I really can't comment.  I haven't heard it in either the A151 or the ASG-1 (both of which are said to be AM-radio by some).  I will say that the A161 does hold a sweet sound signature, so it may not be to your liking and you may hear the AM-radio-effect in it (again, I can't confirm it). 

if you've ever heard a concert on some AM station youll know what i mean

May 8, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #212 of 386
Quote:

if you've ever heard a concert on some AM station youll know what i mean

LOL, OK...  Well, I'm just going to warn you that these do have the sweet sound signature like the A151 and ASG-1.  If you've heard either of them, which tend to have a good focus on the mids (A151 has some focus on the lows as well), the A161s have a sweet sound signature, so I'm not going to say you will hear it, but I will say it's highly likely that it will.  In other words, if the sweet (mid-focused) sound isn't for you, I'd avoid these.

May 8, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #213 of 386
OK, it's been around 3 days since I got the A161s, and after around 50 hours of burn in, I do want to give some impressions to give you guys an idea of how they sound instead of leaving you in the blue :p:

Bass:
  1. What wows me the most is what is quantifully (is that a word?  It is now) the least.  The texture...  beautifully delicate in every way possible.  Subtle, but when present really creates a euphoric effect.  However, the sub-bass bass does have a tendency to get lost behind the powerful mids which can take away from this experience.  The impact is quite nice with these IEMs, however, it does lack punch (my definition of punch and impact may differ from yours; read on).  Essentially, this means that you can feel all the impacts, but you can't hear them...  You just feel the bass.

Mids:
  1. Energetic, reveiling, transparent.  These describe the mids in a cinch.  The mids are powerful and filled with energy.  However, at times, unlike the ASG-1, they can have too much power to them (I hope this drops a bit with burn in).  The midrange is vocal-focused however, so it will bring out all the energy in just about every single vocalist, male or female.  Midrange detail is really great overall, and clarity is beautiful.  Although the mids can be a bit too much at times, they technically are sound.

Highs:
  1. Somewhat recessed in nature in comparison to the lows and mids.  There is good sparkle and separation to them.  They do carry energy of their own, but is overshadowed by the mids a bit.  Detailing is good on them, but not quite as great as the detailing in the low end, or midrange.  The clarity is good if you don't mind listening through the mids to get to them.  Although the weakest link on the A161, the highs do carry great quality to them overall.

May 13, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #214 of 386
My 2 cents...

After lurking a loooong time on this site, reading and reading again to find something to isolate from the metro, with nice sound and good price, I finally bought M9p. It was my first time with iem.
This was one year ago, more or less. At that time, I had a Nokia 5230 phone, and I had to contact MEEL because of contact position that was different from my phone versus the cable. I don't know if this is clear, but MEEL CS sent me FREE a small cable to bypass the microphone. Nice CS, very fast on email.
I was an happy customer.
dt880smile.png

After one year of listening, I'm still that customer.
  1. My Nexus One phone is compatible with the micro.
  2. The cable doesn't make knots, even if not stored properly (people sometimes look at me very surprised to see how the cable is "auto-rearanged" with no effort when it looks like a mess).
  3. My music sounds great. (from overbassed Primus to Philip Glass...)
  4. The isolation is great (I don't hear the bass sound of the metro (Montreal) neither other conversations or... other guys music).

But last week, I though I had lost them. I began to look for new ones (Shure, Klipsch... not the same price, and obviously some issues about durability), and of course MEEL.
In fact, my wife found my M9s in the washing machine, in a shirt, after a complete cycle.
eek.gif
My wife was laughing, but I plugged them and... tadaaa ! They still work!
L3000.gif

So thumb up to MEEL!

ps: I'm currently looking for the S6 with looks really cool, too. May be in a couple of weeks... 
wink_face.gif

ps2 : I would like to say the same about Timberland CS in Canada, but they are just inexistent. No CS at all...

May 13, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #215 of 386
^^I am yet to see such CS from any other vendor.

Your username is taken from GY!BE's song ?

May 15, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #220 of 386
AM radio can be pretty bass heavy so that's not what i'm talking about when i saw the a151's sound like am radios.

May 15, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #221 of 386
Hi guys, was wondering if anyone in this thread could help me out.

I'm looking for a replacement for my nuforce 700x which broke on me yesterday, lasted more than 1 yr but received pretty light use.  Considering that these started to have some problems early on I don't want to spend $65 +tax +shipping and maybe have to buy again in a few months so I'm thinking of stepping down to something like the M6.  I know it's unlikely someone listened to both (I've read the 237 IEM review thread but the comparisons are not exactly direct) but do you guys figure I'll be losing out a lot in SQ here?  I listen to a lot of DnB and sometimes other electronica, I'm not an extreme basshead but without low end extension and presence the music doesn't sound right.  I know others have liked the M6 for electronica so I'm considering giving them a try, but also contemplating getting the nuforces one more time.  For comparison the M6 can be had for $18 +tx +shipping, that's slightly more than the cheapo Sony earbuds I used to get when I was a student :)

May 16, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #222 of 386
Quote:
AM radio can be pretty bass heavy so that's not what i'm talking about when i saw the a151's sound like am radios.

No, what I meant is that not only it's bass heavy, it's also very full in the midrange and that's because of the BBE and MachBass 3 Presets on the Cowon J3.

May 16, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #223 of 386
So if anyone remembered, I made a post about how i have been waiting forever for my order. Well after 3 weeks I decided to see whats up. Turns out what I bought from was a voucher from Google Deals(who only sells vouchers). DOH. Well I have used mine. Looking forward to it!

May 16, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #225 of 386
Quote:
@psygeist : Indeed my username is from a song from GSY!BE. Are they known in India, too? Or is it because of the film "28 days later"?

Tell me more :wink:

Not that popular in India. In fact I find myself alone listening to them in my peers. I saw the movie before but didn't knew about the band then.

Got to know about it from ATPR forum. My foray into post-rock started from EITS which I stumbled upon one mundane night browsing the web and then back tracing the roots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back