MEElectronics Thread!!!
May 6, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #196 of 386
Quote:
I like the packaging, it's like a mini version of the Monster Turbine Pros. The sound is forward and very detailed, I think MEElec got another winner here.

Same here...  Might be a little too sweet for a few people's tastes though, walking line of harsh for me in a few songs, still a really great IEM though.  These are also really easy to drive.  And I mean really easy. 

May 6, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #198 of 386
*we need some more photos*
Looks @tinyman392 and @-y0-
wink_face.gif

May 6, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #204 of 386
Quote:
@tinyman - nice pics :)
The cable looks very thin. Does it feel durable, or is it one of these cheap cables that break fastly?

It's not durable unfortunately :frowning2:  The cable has the same material found on the Brainwavz M4 (with mic) and AblePlanet dual-driver IEMs.  Its a plastic-rubbery cable :frowning2: 

EDIT: I do have more photos, but you'll have to wait a few weeks for the review :)  Can't leak my whole stock in one sit in :p

May 7, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #205 of 386
Will the A161 be the upgrade from the Single Balanced Armature A151 and replacing it? Or will it exist side by side?

May 7, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #206 of 386
Quote:
Will the A161 be the upgrade from the Single Balanced Armature A151 and replacing it? Or will it exist side by side?

Hm...  The A161 is a slightly brighter sound compared to the A151.  They share a very similar signature though.  The A161s are much easier to drive overall, have better treble and bass impact and depth overall.  It doesn't have the bass body that the A151s had though.  Midrange has more details and clarity than the A151s.  Take all this with a grain of salt as this is from memory.  The A151s offered more of a warm and sweet sound, The A161 sound really isn't as warm as it seems to be just sweet for me.  A little too sweet at times (just like the A151).  Overall, I would say that the A161 is technically a lot better than the A151s.  I can see why some may prefer the sound of the A151 to the A161 though. 

May 8, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #208 of 386
i remember the a151 sounded like am radios, how does the a161 compare?

May 8, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #210 of 386
Quote:
i remember the a151 sounded like am radios, how does the a161 compare?

You sound like the sweet sound signature isn't for you...  That is what people who generally don't like a sweet sound signature will say sweet IEMs will sound like.  Two examples of this are the A151 as well as multiple people saying the same thing about the ASG-1.  I can't really see where they are coming from with the AM-radio sound, so I really can't comment.  I haven't heard it in either the A151 or the ASG-1 (both of which are said to be AM-radio by some).  I will say that the A161 does hold a sweet sound signature, so it may not be to your liking and you may hear the AM-radio-effect in it (again, I can't confirm it). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back