MEElectronics M6 Review
Sep 10, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #451 of 563
Wow Im glad you said so, That would have been a headache. Im going to email the guy. even though I think he will say it is, for the sake of his sale. How about the legitimacy of the phones?? what do ya think? should I run my chances? What would you do? Im not cheap by any means, its just the anxiety and excitement of waiting for a package...I dont want to be dissapointed. you know what I mean... Thanks for the Super quick reply btw, great.

Sep 10, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #452 of 563

Quote:
Hey Guys! Im new here and wanted to know what you guys think about these m6P's i dont buy too many things online and didnt want to run into fakes like someone previously mentioned. below is the link to the ones i want to order VVVVVV
http://cgi.ebay.com/MEElectronics-M6P-BK-Sport-In-Ear-Headset-Isolating/230662330127#ht_2505wt_1185
Ny input you guys can give me would be great. And No these are NOT my only pair of Headphones I own lol But i think they are at a great price! (15.99 + Free Shipping) :) I want these to workout. Thanks again you're friend Amaro

i don't think anyone has made a fake of such a cheap pair of headphones yet

Sep 10, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #453 of 563
LOL! THANKS!! In a weird way I feel alot better. I actually didnt think of that. I guess i got sucked into a previous post about someone running into a fake. BTW does anyone happen to know The Different Model/serial Between the older P versions and the Updated P versions as Tinyman said that the older models had deffective mic controls. Thanks

Sep 10, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #454 of 563

Quote:
LOL! THANKS!! In a weird way I feel alot better. I actually didnt think of that. I guess i got sucked into a previous post about someone running into a fake. BTW does anyone happen to know The Different Model/serial Between the older P versions and the Updated P versions as Tinyman said that the older models had deffective mic controls. Thanks

From what I've heard, the driver changed as well (which means new sound).  I only heard this and cannot confirm.  The remote change was purely due to build issues.  Everything else should be relatively the same.  As for fakes...  Put it this way, someone who fakes these will lose money (not cause they are bad, but because they aren't popular :p)

Sep 14, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #456 of 563
Just Got these in the mail today. First impression is Quality for the price, these feel sturdy and of well made materials. Just put these in on some R&B, some bobby v, some Ginuwine, and the highs and vocals sound real clean, the bass isnt overpowering but clean and tight. Mids are good about average, BUT it really evens out the sound in a "V" eq design. 
Overall Im very impressed, For $16 Bucks shipped! Its a steal!! im expecting these to loosen up over the next few days ;P 
~Amaro~

Oct 6, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #457 of 563
just bought them today and they came in the mail!!! sweet little IEM's for the price... most vendors would sell this IEM IMO would sell them at around $30-40... not in the $20's. anyways, after about 2-3 hours of burn in :D (i know, not much of a burn in) compared to my trips and my triple fi 10. Keep in mind, this isn't a fair comparison due to the previous IEM's mentioned being way out of the price range, but the M6 kept up pretty well. In terms of comfortability, its a lot more comfortable than my UE trip's. This is because the units are actually flush with my ear; i can lie down on the bed, or roll over on my head and it wouldnt hurt. the triple flanges that came with the units does a great job of isolating the outside noise. my only two gripes about the iems were the durability and the sound quality of the unit. For $20, im really not even complaining, just nit picking... but like many other reviewers out there, (keep in mind, this is to my ears only) the M6 sounded muddy and more bass loving than my two other phones. (this might be due to the fact that i love the Ue trip FI overtly sibilant sound signature). When played through my zune HD, playing soundtracks of tron legacy, the background noises of the trumpet players breathing in and out cannot be heard through the M6, but only through the trips and and trip fi 10. As for the durability, only time will tell, chord looks well built, but looks too thin !!!

all in all, for the price, this iem is almost hard to beat. to me, this would be a gym or just the casual iEM, not meant for the critical listening. If you want to go a step above, i would suggest the UHP336 from altec lansing, as they are the super fi rip offs of UE, and only slightly more costlier than the Mee electronic M6 !!!

Nov 10, 2011 at 5:45 AM Post #458 of 563
Hello.

I've received today my pair of M6. The problem is I have lots of microphonics as the cable hits my jacket/t-shirt. Should I try to fix them better on my ears? Is there any difference between memory wires and cable guides? Do the cable guides offer less microphonics?

Thanx in advance.

Nov 29, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #459 of 563
I just picked up a pair of M6's from Newegg w/free shipping for $16.00. Figured I'd give them a shot. Hopefully, they'll be okay for when I'm actively doing something, but, the microphonics comment is making me wonder. Oh well, I'll know soon enough... 

Nov 29, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #460 of 563

Quote:
just bought them today and they came in the mail!!! sweet little IEM's for the price... most vendors would sell this IEM IMO would sell them at around $30-40... not in the $20's. anyways, after about 2-3 hours of burn in :D (i know, not much of a burn in) compared to my trips and my triple fi 10. Keep in mind, this isn't a fair comparison due to the previous IEM's mentioned being way out of the price range, but the M6 kept up pretty well. In terms of comfortability, its a lot more comfortable than my UE trip's. This is because the units are actually flush with my ear; i can lie down on the bed, or roll over on my head and it wouldnt hurt. the triple flanges that came with the units does a great job of isolating the outside noise. my only two gripes about the iems were the durability and the sound quality of the unit. For $20, im really not even complaining, just nit picking... but like many other reviewers out there, (keep in mind, this is to my ears only) the M6 sounded muddy and more bass loving than my two other phones. (this might be due to the fact that i love the Ue trip FI overtly sibilant sound signature). When played through my zune HD, playing soundtracks of tron legacy, the background noises of the trumpet players breathing in and out cannot be heard through the M6, but only through the trips and and trip fi 10. As for the durability, only time will tell, chord looks well built, but looks too thin !!!

all in all, for the price, this iem is almost hard to beat. to me, this would be a gym or just the casual iEM, not meant for the critical listening. If you want to go a step above, i would suggest the UHP336 from altec lansing, as they are the super fi rip offs of UE, and only slightly more costlier than the Mee electronic M6 !!!

Nice review and I appreciate your perspective since I just got a pair of M6.

One thing.......your comment about the low level detail of the trumpet player on the Tron Legacy soundtrack.

I can hear those sounds on my M6 played through my computer to a Denon integrated amp. I hear breathing sounds, page turns, dropped objects all over that album.

So I think alot of the criticisms for any iem is certain sources are better matches and give different results.....so if performance is mediocre on one source it doesn't comdemn that iem to mediocre status.

It just means that it's not as good with that particular source. Different output impedances will alter frequency response and thats part of what you're hearing.

The Altec Lansing isn't so much a rip off of the Triple.Fi 10 as actually just built for Altec Lansing by Ultimate Ears.

Most if not all of Altec's iem's are built/designed by UE.

Dec 9, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #463 of 563
The memory wire is not as stiff compared to my older UE set. Gets the job done with better comfort than the UE.

Dec 12, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #465 of 563

Quote:
Only $12.95 shipped on 1saleaday.com today.

$12.99 on MacMall.com I ordered two to get free shipping on orders over 14.99. So now I'm happy, and my wife is happy, too. Beautiful IEMs, sound great too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back