MEElectronics M6 Review
Jan 19, 2011 at 12:05 AM Post #408 of 563
So has anyone else had issues with the built in mic/remote sending random commands to you smartphone? I had 2 pairs in a row do it and gave up but the level of praise these guys seem to get has me pondering a 3rd go at these.

Jan 19, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #409 of 563
Anyone else have a problem with the treble being insanely high out of the box, and if it clears up with burn in? It's unbearable with both stock tips and Olives.

They do become less harsh with burn in, and sony hybrid tips also help taming the treble.

So has anyone else had issues with the built in mic/remote sending random commands to you smartphone? I had 2 pairs in a row do it and gave up but the level of praise these guys seem to get has me pondering a 3rd go at these.

You can contract meelec's customer service and they should be able to help you with your problem or replace your current ones free of charge.

Jan 19, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #412 of 563
So I gave MEEelec another chance today albeit on the M9P's. Got at em AAFES (military exchange for those not in the military) and got them to price match amazon. Took them for a run and at least the remote worked this time around. I really enjoy these guys for exercise as they have a really fun enjoyable sound signature. You guys are back in my good graces MEEelec maybe I will give you another chance with your new models this year as well.

Jan 20, 2011 at 9:09 AM Post #413 of 563
Quote:
So I gave MEEelec another chance today albeit on the M9P's. Got at em AAFES (military exchange for those not in the military) and got them to price match amazon. Took them for a run and at least the remote worked this time around. I really enjoy these guys for exercise as they have a really fun enjoyable sound signature. You guys are back in my good graces MEEelec maybe I will give you another chance with your new models this year as well.

I own a pair of HT-21s and I must say they're pretty good VFM. And based on what Joker and other guys are saying about their CC51 and A151 IEMs, I'm very tempted to splurge a little on them for a sound upgrade.

Jan 20, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #414 of 563

Quote:
Anyone else have a problem with the treble being insanely high out of the box, and if it clears up with burn in? It's unbearable with both stock tips and Olives.

You could try this too =)

Jan 31, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #417 of 563
Ordered some for a little play
biggrin.gif

Need....to....stop....buying....things.....

Feb 3, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #418 of 563
Amazing, thank you. The before and after is ridiculous since without the EQ they sound very plasticky/dry and sibilant. Now it's just perfect.

I also like to add that the provided comply tips from my TF10 and UE700 that I had left-over are absolutely amazing on these M6 when I hated them on my TF10.

Perfect seal every time and does not kill the highs with the M6 unlike my TF10, I also flipped the comply too. The sony hybrids work decently too.

Also much more comfortable once I chopped off the memory wire.

Quote:
Quote:
  Gain (dB) Cutoff (Hz) Q Reason
Low Shelf Filter -2.0 50 1.4 Reduce boominess
Peak Filter 1 3.0 3000 1.0 Add clarity to voice
Peak Filter 2 -2.0 7100 2.8 Reduce sibilance
Peak Filter 3 2.0 10000 1.0 Brighten vocals
High Shelf Filter N/A N/A N/A  
Settings for Rockbox Clip+
(used Precut of -1.0 db, not sure if necessary)

My new EQ settings, I haven't changed that much just fine tuned it a little bit. Biggest change comes from utilizing the HS Filter to allow for another peak filter. I usually listen to volume at -20 and above so this resulted in a flatter frequency as pointed out by JxK

Gain (dB)    Cutoff (Hz) Q Reason
Low Shelf Filter -2.0 50 2.1   Reduce boominess (while retaining bass presence)
Peak Filter 1 2.0 3000 1.0 Add clarity to voice (3.0db was too fatiguing at higher volume)
Peak Filter 2 -3.0 7200 2.8 Reduce sibilance
Peak Filter 3 -3.0 5500 2.8 Reduce "cymbal noise" (too fatiguing)
High Shelf Filter 2.0 10000 1.0 Brighten vocals
Settings for Rockbox Clip+ V2 (changes in bold)
(No precut used because I'm doing very little boosting of volume)

Any feedback or questions are greatly appreciated!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 18, 2011 at 8:44 AM Post #419 of 563
Wow. Tanks for the EQ suggestions. It really helped.

Based off of that one, I changed it to
  Gain (dB)    Cutoff (Hz) Q  
Low Shelf Filter -3.5 50 2.1   
Peak Filter 1 5.0 3000 1.0  
Peak Filter 2 -1.5 7200 2.8  
Peak Filter 3 -1.0 5500 2.8  
High Shelf Filter 6.0 10000 0.8  
Volume: -29
Bass: 12db
Treble: 13db
everything else is on the stock setting

It may not be your cup of tea, but it is what sounds good to my ears :D