MEElectronics M6 PRO Musician's In-Ear Monitors
Mar 19, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #166 of 378
I found their isolation to be above normal IEM standards, but definitely not like shure or westones. However, I chose not to compare that because shure and westone use foam eartips, which are naturally much more effective with isolation. As you said though, they definitely are sufficient for most applications.

I should mention that I am using the sony hybrid eartips, which fit much better than the stock ones. Way more comfortable

I actually use silicone ear tips with my Westone W4...  Isolation is still either the same or better than the M6 Pro with foam tips.  

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #167 of 378
  Haha, fair enough! I chose to mod these, because if something does happen to them I can get them replaced for SUPER cheap. Meelectronics is awesome!

I have spent an inordinate amount of time checking out headphones, their reviews, and what is available under $200 for the best overall IEM. (I can't really try too many since I am in college and all that)

Based off of my findings, if you want highs and isolation, balanced armature IEMs should work out perfectly for you. Since BAs don't need the venting port, they allow for better isolation. They do tend to cost more than dynamics, however. :/

MEE is very affordable, I was extremely surprised by the price that they gave the M6 Pro...  Wasn't expecting that sort of sound from a 50 dollar IEM.  

Mar 20, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #168 of 378
MEE is very affordable, I was extremely surprised by the price that they gave the M6 Pro...  Wasn't expecting that sort of sound from a 50 dollar IEM.  

Especially when you consider the M9 Classic sounds about 75% similar for 1/5th the price...
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #169 of 378
I have both the M9 and M6 Pro and the M6 is a significant upgrade to the M9. 

I should have a review up in a few weeks. Been really enjoying them, great IEMs. 

Mar 20, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #170 of 378
How do these compare to the a161p and the a151? Are they better then the a161and the a151? I am guessing these are better then the pistons to.

Mar 20, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #171 of 378
How do these compare to the a161p and the a151? Are they better then the a161and the a151? I am guessing these are better then the pistons to.

I have the A151p Generation 2, and I'll say the M6 PRO doesn't come close to the A151 G2 in terms of sound. In everything else (build, looks, accessories) the M6 wins hands-down.

Better than the Pistons, though, that's something more reasonable. But then again you're comparing $20 to $50 so there's that.

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #172 of 378

M6 PRO might have strength over bass (being dynamic), RC, diff tuning than original M6/S6, but those ME's will be a clear winner in other departments......

Mar 20, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #174 of 378
Initially, they are moderately comfortable. Not as good as shures, but decent. Comfort improves with use for sure though. At this point, I could wear them for hours and be fine. I do have a problem where in ears (anything warm really) makes me itchy, but aside from that, no pain or anything!

I am somewhat curious as to how the a151pz stack up as well. Perhaps MEelectronics is gearing up to release a BA IEM with a similar design to the M6 Pros in the future? That would be cool, even though I don't like BAs.

Mar 20, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #175 of 378
Initially, they are moderately comfortable. Not as good as shures, but decent. Comfort improves with use for sure though. At this point, I could wear them for hours and be fine. I do have a problem where in ears (anything warm really) makes me itchy, but aside from that, no pain or anything!

I am somewhat curious as to how the a151pz stack up as well. Perhaps MEelectronics is gearing up to release a BA IEM with a similar design to the M6 Pros in the future? That would be cool, even though I don't like BAs.

What are BA iem?

Mar 21, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #177 of 378
  I have the A151p Generation 2, and I'll say the M6 PRO doesn't come close to the A151 G2 in terms of sound. In everything else (build, looks, accessories) the M6 wins hands-down.

Better than the Pistons, though, that's something more reasonable. But then again you're comparing $20 to $50 so there's that.

so ur saying the a151p g2 sounds better then the m6 pro?

if i dont like the m6 pro i can always return them. How many hours of burn in would you guys recommend for these? and would these be better with a amp?

Mar 21, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #178 of 378
You need at least 24 hrs burn in (at the VERY least)

They sound quite hollow and tinny out of the box. Bass gets better, highs get tamed, and the sound fills in more after burn in.

They sound quite excellent at 45 hours

Mar 21, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #179 of 378
which genre will the m6 pro sound the best?

Mar 21, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #180 of 378

so ur saying the a151p g2 sounds better then the m6 pro?

if i dont like the m6 pro i can always return them. How many hours of burn in would you guys recommend for these? and would these be better with a amp?

From my standards, hell yes. A151P G2 is smooth as butter, with some of the most lifelike reproductions of the midrange I've ever heard at $50. However, the A151 is mid-centric, so if you're not into that sort of thing, the M6 PRO might be more your speed.

which genre will the m6 pro sound the best?

EDM, probably. They sound horrible for instrumentals since their midrange, although clear, is very distant-sounding. They're great for gaming, though. 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back