MEElectronics M6 PRO Musician's In-Ear Monitors
Mar 16, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #151 of 378
What type of connectors does the cable use, are they mmcx?

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the connectors that T-Peos used on their H-200. Its similar to that type of connector, though a little shorter and stubbier. It has two little notches on the plastic housing (that connects to the strain relief) to stop it from spinning around. It looks similar to a DC connector that you'd charge a laptop with.

Mar 16, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #152 of 378
@indieman
Thank you very much! This is quite an exciting IEM! A softer memwire cable would be nice, I do agree!
I also found this IEM quite revealing of low quality recordings. I had old files that were 256kbps, and they had short blips due to low quality. Incredible, not even my westone w3s picked that up XD

Very happy with this purchase, I fully recommend this! DEFINITELY needs burn in though, music sounded like it came out of a tin coffee can for the first few hours

I'm actually interested in trying an aftermarket cable with no mem wire if I can find one :wink:
Yes they are quite revealing. You really need well recorded music and a good dap for them to shine!

Mar 18, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #155 of 378
Mmm thinking about buying these or the vsonic vsd3s for edm dubstep female vocals and male vocals and pop

Mar 18, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #156 of 378
I would rate the M6 Pros at 8/10 for edm (I listen to mainly edm/pop/electro)

The soundstage and bass (make sure to give at least 24 hrs burn in, they sound pretty crappy basswise out of the box) make for a pretty good package for EDM.

However, these won't give the "full/warm" sound that EDM requires due to its excellent accuracy. It is still better than BA driver IEMs, but as far as dynamics go, it could be a bit warmer for these genres.

Still an excellent value, I must say! It definitely satisfies EDM, but isn't optimized when compared to bassier dynamics. Havent heard the vsonics, but here is my impression on the M6 pro side!

Hopefully my explanation makes sense!

Mar 18, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #157 of 378
I would rate the M6 Pros at 8/10 for edm (I listen to mainly edm/pop/electro)

The soundstage and bass (make sure to give at least 24 hrs burn in, they sound pretty crappy basswise out of the box) make for a pretty good package for EDM.

However, these won't give the "full/warm" sound that EDM requires due to its excellent accuracy. It is still better than BA driver IEMs, but as far as dynamics go, it could be a bit warmer for these genres.

Still an excellent value, I must say! It definitely satisfies EDM, but isn't optimized when compared to bassier dynamics. Havent heard the vsonics, but here is my impression on the M6 pro side!

Hopefully my explanation makes sense!

Yea I am still debating I want something clean and crisp in vocals and good isolation because I am always in noisy area like my bus.

Mar 18, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #158 of 378
@WhatToChoose
I'm glad to see you eventually liked them, I think you pretty much have the same final impressions as I had.

Guys, I would like to make sure you understand - BURNING THESE IN IS A MUST if you wanna get a better bass response and let go
of the hollow-tinny sound sig.

Good luck :)

Mar 19, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #159 of 378
Haha, the amount of change honestly surprised me! Still getting better at 40 hours O.o

@Simy1

Isolation on the M6 Pros is very good! I found that as is, they block out almost all noise at moderate volumes.
I am sort of an isolation lover, since I sort of need it to study. I tried out a "mod" to improve isolation with these, and it worked! Here is an explanation if anyone is interested (all you need are round toothpicks, and a nail clipper for the cleanest cut)

(Do at own risk! Seems pretty harmless so far though)

Step 1: Insert toothpick into the vent hole until it is reasonably tight. Don't twist or anything, as this might break off the toothpick and make it hard to remove.

Step 2: Remove toothpick, and clip off the tip (leave about 2mm between the new end and the impressed ring formed on the head. This 2mm part will be the part that seals the hole.

Step 3: Break off the majority of the toothpick, leaving about a 0.5 cm length of wood left.

Step 4: Re-insert the toothpick into the hole, same end as before (end should be removed so it doesn't block the sound tube).

Step 5: (Important step!) Using the nail clippers, cut the end of the toothpick sticking out, so that only 1-1.5mm of the toothpick is sticking out of the earpiece shell. If you accidentally cut too much off, you won't be able to remove the toothpick with pliers (not too big of an issue though).

BENEFITS OF THIS:
1) Improved isolation, and decreased noise leakage
2) Easy to do
3) Not too bad if you make a mistake (Due to awesome price)
4) DEFINITELY improves bass response (I am literally hearing sub bass in songs that I never knew it existed in). I highly recommend this if you want a bit more bass.

DRAWBACKS:
1) Could get wood stuck in the earpiece. To remove this, you would have to remove the filter and the internal adhesive port covering (both can be removed with the toothpick, but the adhesive port covering is a little finnicky)
2) Not sure what this will do to the driver in the long run if anything (Though I did read somewhere that low sensitivity drivers are harder to damage. Not sure how true this is, but guess I will find out!). Driver flex seems very mildly present.
3) Deep insertion alters sound due to lack of venting and higher pressure air in your ear canal only with very deep insertion though

NOTES: Based off of this mod, here is what I found:
1) The more the venting port is covered, the more full the sound seems (This turned these IEMs into somewhat of a sub-bass beast, its pretty awesome)
2) The toothpick forms a nice seal, definitely wouldn't worry about it falling out or anything
3) Driver flex still nonexistent for the most part
4) You can remove the filters, doesn't affect sound too too much. I tested it filterless vs with some steel mesh filters I got from some cheap $30 earphones from CVS. It seemed to make the sound ever so slightly splashier, though I might beimagining things
5) In order to remove the internal port covers, you can use a toothpick. Move the adhesive cover back and forth until it unsticks, then work it up the tube until it is out. This seems to partially cover up the hole from the inside. Without it, the sound is quite empty. With the toothpick mod, it becomes full.

This was really random, but I am really liking the result! These just became a 9.2/10 for EDM from this mod! The bass is much fuller than before, and it is still very clear. I am somewhat blown away by these now XD

If you guys have any questions feel free to ask! I will probably get a backup pair of earpiecs (probably will store them on the other cable lol) just in case these die or something, but for now they are epic!!

If anything weird starts happening to the iems I will post here

Mar 19, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #160 of 378
I actually didn't find the isolation of the M6 Pro to be the strongest (this is against other IEMs only, not full-sized headphones or on-ears). They were above average (a shallow inserting IEM or a Phonak), but not at the levels that a good isolating design would (Westone, UE900, ...), but sits somewhere in between. They will isolate well enough for most applications (including a bus) though.

Mar 19, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #161 of 378
I found their isolation to be above normal IEM standards, but definitely not like shure or westones. However, I chose not to compare that because shure and westone use foam eartips, which are naturally much more effective with isolation. As you said though, they definitely are sufficient for most applications.

I should mention that I am using the sony hybrid eartips, which fit much better than the stock ones. Way more comfortable

Mar 19, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #164 of 378
Haha, the amount of change honestly surprised me! Still getting better at 40 hours O.o

@Simy1

Isolation on the M6 Pros is very good! I found that as is, they block out almost all noise at moderate volumes.
I am sort of an isolation lover, since I sort of need it to study. I tried out a "mod" to improve isolation with these, and it worked! Here is an explanation if anyone is interested (all you need are round toothpicks, and a nail clipper for the cleanest cut)

(Do at own risk! Seems pretty harmless so far though)

Step 1: Insert toothpick into the vent hole until it is reasonably tight. Don't twist or anything, as this might break off the toothpick and make it hard to remove.

Step 2: Remove toothpick, and clip off the tip (leave about 2mm between the new end and the impressed ring formed on the head. This 2mm part will be the part that seals the hole.

Step 3: Break off the majority of the toothpick, leaving about a 0.5 cm length of wood left.

Step 4: Re-insert the toothpick into the hole, same end as before (end should be removed so it doesn't block the sound tube).

Step 5: (Important step!) Using the nail clippers, cut the end of the toothpick sticking out, so that only 1-1.5mm of the toothpick is sticking out of the earpiece shell. If you accidentally cut too much off, you won't be able to remove the toothpick with pliers (not too big of an issue though).

BENEFITS OF THIS:
1) Improved isolation, and decreased noise leakage
2) Easy to do
3) Not too bad if you make a mistake (Due to awesome price)
4) DEFINITELY improves bass response (I am literally hearing sub bass in songs that I never knew it existed in). I highly recommend this if you want a bit more bass.

DRAWBACKS:
1) Could get wood stuck in the earpiece. To remove this, you would have to remove the filter and the internal adhesive port covering (both can be removed with the toothpick, but the adhesive port covering is a little finnicky)
2) Not sure what this will do to the driver in the long run if anything (Though I did read somewhere that low sensitivity drivers are harder to damage. Not sure how true this is, but guess I will find out!). Driver flex seems very mildly present.
3) Deep insertion alters sound due to lack of venting and higher pressure air in your ear canal only with very deep insertion though

NOTES: Based off of this mod, here is what I found:
1) The more the venting port is covered, the more full the sound seems (This turned these IEMs into somewhat of a sub-bass beast, its pretty awesome)
2) The toothpick forms a nice seal, definitely wouldn't worry about it falling out or anything
3) Driver flex still nonexistent for the most part
4) You can remove the filters, doesn't affect sound too too much. I tested it filterless vs with some steel mesh filters I got from some cheap $30 earphones from CVS. It seemed to make the sound ever so slightly splashier, though I might beimagining things
5) In order to remove the internal port covers, you can use a toothpick. Move the adhesive cover back and forth until it unsticks, then work it up the tube until it is out. This seems to partially cover up the hole from the inside. Without it, the sound is quite empty. With the toothpick mod, it becomes full.

This was really random, but I am really liking the result! These just became a 9.2/10 for EDM from this mod! The bass is much fuller than before, and it is still very clear. I am somewhat blown away by these now XD

If you guys have any questions feel free to ask! I will probably get a backup pair of earpiecs (probably will store them on the other cable lol) just in case these die or something, but for now they are epic!!

If anything weird starts happening to the iems I will post here

I prob won't do the mod I am to scared and I be ocd about it lol.

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #165 of 378
Haha, fair enough! I chose to mod these, because if something does happen to them I can get them replaced for SUPER cheap. Meelectronics is awesome!

I have spent an inordinate amount of time checking out headphones, their reviews, and what is available under $200 for the best overall IEM. (I can't really try too many since I am in college and all that)

Based off of my findings, if you want highs and isolation, balanced armature IEMs should work out perfectly for you. Since BAs don't need the venting port, they allow for better isolation. They do tend to cost more than dynamics, however. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back