Meelectronics customer service
Jun 16, 2011 at 8:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

johthor

New Head-Fier
I am a relatively new customer at Meelectronics and have purchased several types of in ear headphones from them.  My latest purchase from them has been a big disappointment.  I purchased a pair of "wooden" head phones with a cord/cable that produces so much cable noise the product is unusable.

Other products I have purchased from them have been excellent but I emailed their customer service in regard to this particular product.  To say that the response I got was unsatisfactory would be an understatement.  I was not offered a solution at all except ridiculous suggestions like "wear the cable under your shirt so it will not make so much cable noise".  The final line in the response was "[size=11pt]As well as to use the included shirt clip to fix the cord in place and/or run the cables under your shirt. Unfortunately cable noise is the reality of certain in-ear monitors, and the R1 happens to be one of those [/size]

I can only interpret the last sentence from their customer services as saying too bad for you since you bought a product that has a problem

If you like Meelectronics products (and I did up until now) you will not have a problem dealing with them they will happily take your money.  But if you have a problem you will be told too bad that product has that flaw but we sell it anyway without warning customers.

Color me gone from your customer base Meelectronics due to poor customer service.

Jun 16, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #2 of 53

Quote:
I am a relatively new customer at Meelectronics and have purchased several types of in ear headphones from them.  My latest purchase from them has been a big disappointment.  I purchased a pair of "wooden" head phones with a cord/cable that produces so much cable noise the product is unusable.

Other products I have purchased from them have been excellent but I emailed their customer service in regard to this particular product.  To say that the response I got was unsatisfactory would be an understatement.  I was not offered a solution at all except ridiculous suggestions like "wear the cable under your shirt so it will not make so much cable noise".  The final line in the response was "[size=11pt]As well as to use the included shirt clip to fix the cord in place and/or run the cables under your shirt. Unfortunately cable noise is the reality of certain in-ear monitors, and the R1 happens to be one of those [/size]

I can only interpret the last sentence from their customer services as saying too bad for you since you bought a product that has a problem

If you like Meelectronics products (and I did up until now) you will not have a problem dealing with them they will happily take your money.  But if you have a problem you will be told too bad that product has that flaw but we sell it anyway without warning customers.

Color me gone from your customer base Meelectronics due to poor customer service.

the term used for cable noise is microphonics, microphonics can be either their or near nonexistant. another tip is to try and wear the cable around your ears. I think you're just misinformed

Jun 16, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #4 of 53
I think you should take a chill pill and try the good advice that you've been given here and by Meelectronics. Over ears is the best way to eliminate cable noise as the noise gets grounded out by the skin behind your ear before reaching the IEM. The shirt clip is there to allow some slack and stable cable position off of your cloths to not rub. The under your shirt suggestion was to perhaps help by the cable not rubbing around as much. We all own IEMs that have cable noise if not addressed. Do everybody a favor. Return them so we don't have to listen to you belly ache. It's like we're dealing with Carman from South Park.

Jun 16, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #5 of 53

Quote:
I think you should take a chill pill and try the good advice that you've been given here and by Meelectronics. Over ears is the best way to eliminate cable noise as the noise gets grounded out by the skin behind your ear before reaching the IEM. The shirt clip is there to allow some slack and stable cable position off of your close to not rub. The under your shirt suggestion was to perhaps help by the cable not rubbing around as much. We all own IEMs that have cable noise if not addressed. Do everybody a favor. Return them so we don't have to listen to you belly ache. It's like we're dealing with Carman from South Park.

... ... don't you mean cartman? 
wink.gif

Jun 16, 2011 at 10:23 AM Post #6 of 53
A majority of IEM will have microphonics to different degree when wearing straight down. The common solution is indeed to 'ground' the noise by wearing it over-the-ear, using shirt clip or any means to hold the cable in place (including putting the cable under the shirt). I don't see why this is deem to be ridiculous in anyway. Microphonics is the the friction noise of cable getting contact with another surface, and unless someone has invented a non-frictional cable that defies physics, it will always be there.

Jun 16, 2011 at 10:24 AM Post #7 of 53
Ya, been a while since I've watched. I saw absolutely nothing offensive in the Meelectric reply and just info on how to help make the product work for him. I think your recommendation was better as over ear is the great microphonics equalizer but really, if they don't work for the guy, just return them. What does he want? An instant redesign? Sincere apology? A bunch of free stuff? What does he expect?

Jun 16, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #8 of 53
First complaint I've ever seen about MEElec CS and it's regarding a well-known issue with the majority of in-ear earphones? I suppose MEElec is lucky they don't have bigger things to worry about. 

@OP: Please see the head-fi in-ear wiki, particularly section 13, for info on cable noise. Spoiler - the suggestions are the same as those given by MEElec CS. It seems you do not understand the nature of the problem and therefore expect a magical solution that, sadly, doesn't exist. If you look at my review thread, the R1 has a lower 'microphonics' (i.e. cable noise) score than any of the other MEElec sets and I really don't know what you expect them to do about that. I don't think you'll find any sympathy here - the CS rep seems to know what he/she was talking about.

Jun 16, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #9 of 53
Well regardless of the fact that most of the replies so far have been from Meelectronics shills who are unable to read a post before replying my post has had more than 100 reads allready on this site alone.  If the shills that replied had bothered to read the post before commenting they would read that I have had many good products from Meelectronics.  All their customer service needed to say to me was please return for a refund.  They would have kept me as a customer and avoided the negative reviews.  It is the replies that I received from their customer service that is the real problem.  I could care less about the very poor quality of the cable/cord that came with this particular pair of earphones.  As a matter of fact I have thrown them in the garbage where they belong.  For you shills that think you know so much about cable noise I have several pairs of earphones that I have purchased from Meelectonics that have no cable noise whatsoever

Jun 16, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #11 of 53
Uhh... I don't think that I'm a shill (never owned a Meelectronics product), but for real man. Listen to the damn advice that they already gave you on how to fix the problem. Microphonics is not a factory flaw, so I see no reason why a company should refund you for your completely functioning product.

Jun 16, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #12 of 53
Also, I really like how you tried to insult the two most knowledgeable members about IEMs on head-fi... Good first three posts :D

Jun 16, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #13 of 53
Agreed. Nice job. Really. 

Also, they were trying to save you the trouble of returning and having you maybe be happy with their product by offering solutions to it. As said by everyone else...cable noise is always there. It's one of the review sections in most reviews because it's so common with IEMs.

Also, posting in epic thread. Never seen someone destroy their reputation this fast.

Quote:
Also, I really like how you tried to insult the two most knowledgeable members about IEMs on head-fi... Good first three posts :D

Jun 16, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #15 of 53
My finacee and I both had a good laugh at that one. Thanks.

Quote:
Quote:
[...] For you shills that think you know so much about cable noise I have several pairs of earphones that I have purchased from Meelectonics that have no cable noise whatsoever  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back