Meelec M6 = Best sub $50 dollar IEM?
Jul 24, 2010 at 2:29 PM Post #16 of 28

Quote:
Buy.com has the M6-Clear for $19.99 with free shipping:
http://www.buy.com/prod/meelectronics-m6-stylish-sound-isolating-sports-earphones-clear/q/loc/111/212545061.html

You can also check-out through Amazon for the black version:
http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-M6-BK-Sport-Sound-Isolating-Headphones/dp/B0038W0K2K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1279994723&sr=8-2

I snagged a pair even though I already have a pair.

For those that wanted M6's now is the time!  This is the sweet spot price for these.

Jul 24, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #18 of 28
I'm not trying to derail this M6 Love Train, but I still enjoy the M9 more than the M6. I guess it's a design issue and something to do with my big ears...

Jul 25, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #19 of 28
I paid USD56 for my M6s including shipping, not sure how much shipping costs for you but the Hippo Shroom EBs are to my ears, much better sounding for USD57.  Build quality and the cable are not as good.

Jul 25, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #20 of 28
I've also been considering the M6 as I need something to replace my failing E2Cs for bang-around commuting phones... my question: how bassy are these things? I read one review that said they are less bassy than the E2Cs (!) and I read another that said they are great for bassheads... leaving me having no clue which is true.

I have a real aversion to boosted bass so I don't want to buy them if they are bassy... they look perfect otherwise (price, bang-for-buck, over-the-ear fit, I like memory wire, etc.)

Jul 25, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #21 of 28
The M6 is more bassy than the E2C, no question about that. Some may find the bass excessive but they don't quite keep up with real basshead sets - the bass qty is slightly greater than something like the TF10 but also depends on fit somewhat.

Jul 25, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #22 of 28
Thanks for the info. The TF10 are a bit too bassy for me, so if these are in that league I will avoid them.

Jul 25, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #23 of 28
Quote:
Thanks for the info. The TF10 are a bit too bassy for me, so if these are in that league I will avoid them.

Take a look at the Brainwavz M1. They should be closer to what you're looking for and the price is right.

Jul 25, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #24 of 28

Thanks for this post,

I just ordered a M6 clear, I hope I like it.  Well the only other IEM I've used is the JVC FX66, so this will probably be an improvement.

Quote:
Buy.com has the M6-Clear for $19.99 with free shipping:
http://www.buy.com/prod/meelectronics-m6-stylish-sound-isolating-sports-earphones-clear/q/loc/111/212545061.html

You can also check-out through Amazon for the black version:
http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-M6-BK-Sport-Sound-Isolating-Headphones/dp/B0038W0K2K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1279994723&sr=8-2

I snagged a pair even though I already have a pair.

Jul 26, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #25 of 28

Quote:
Quote:

Take a look at the Brainwavz M1. They should be closer to what you're looking for and the price is right.

x2 

I got lucky my Sflo2 was so delayed otherwise I probably never would have heard them.

Jul 26, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #26 of 28
x3 the m1s sound good for you and should fare really well with the S9s you have because they respond very well to EQing. Haven't heard the M6, but have heard the M9s which use the same drivers and the bass is sloppy to some extent. The M1s are a lot more controlled, but don't expect the same quantity, but that's when EQing helps.

Jul 26, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #28 of 28

Quote:
but have heard the M9s which use the same drivers and the bass is sloppy to some extent.

I think the M6 used to use the same drivers, but no longer. Maybe someone can confirm.

So far as the bass goes, I would prefer the M6 to be a bit more tight/impactful. Just my personal preference. I also find them occasionally a little harsh. both those things are highly subjective, but improving on those things is what I have in mind as I look for a suitable upgrade.

Looks like just about everywhere has them for $20 now. Since it's just about all retailers doing the price change, I kinda hope it means Meelec lowered their supplier price to clear them out prior to another model release. Wishful thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back