MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Feb 16, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #256 of 3,265
  That's good to hear. But is it better?

In every way IMO. You'll have to hear it to see it 
wink.gif

Feb 17, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #258 of 3,265
Well you guys are pulling me away from work...

I hear bass pretty strong to 35 hz. 35hz is less than 50 in amplitude but not significant. Roll off really starts for me after 35hz. Bass is less enhanced than rockets over all but extends deeper before significant roll of starts.

Dip in middle mids at about 1.5hz and rises back at 2 hz and keeps climbing to about 5hz. Dips and then rises again to about 8.5 hz and another peak at 11 or so. Extension is very good. More treble presence than rockets. Rockets will definitely sound n shaped in comparison.

Overall the signature is balanced with a Harman target type balance. Some Harman target tuned stuff is bass heavy IMO but the P1 is not bass heavy. It's a lighter tuning than say the NAD HP50, which sounds bassy in comparison.

hi i'm considering these as are getting all the hype. I've never owned any IEM before as I always thought actually over ear headphones would give better SQ. I own a pair of NAD VISO HP50 so with that regard can you comment the comparison between the P1 and HP50 overall and from the lows to the mids to the highs.  Sound stage and revealing details are important to me so please also comment on this between them if you can.  Thanks!

Feb 17, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #260 of 3,265
The torture is waiting for them to be available again before I pull the trigger. Now standing before them (and my wallet) is Canjam this weekend.

Feb 17, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #269 of 3,265
hi i'm considering these as are getting all the hype. I've never owned any IEM before as I always thought actually over ear headphones would give better SQ. I own a pair of NAD VISO HP50 so with that regard can you comment the comparison between the P1 and HP50 overall and from the lows to the mids to the highs.  Sound stage and revealing details are important to me so please also comment on this between them if you can.  Thanks!

I no longer own the hp50 but from memory the hp50 is a good bit bassier. That's why I say the P1 is harman target light. The hp50 was tuned with the harman target and I found it a bit too bassy to call neutral. IMO the P1 is more neutral than the hp50. My recollection is of the hp50 vocals being more intimate. This is likely due to the warmer nature of the hp50 and the slight dip at 1.5k for the P1. The P1 has better upper mid presence and I like female vocals and distortion rock guitars better on the p1. My memory is telling me the p1 treble is a bit crisper and a little more forward in presence. Regarding soundstage- headphones always seem to sound bigger but the p1 is more spacious within its own stage. It has more air and space between instruments and will sound more atmospheric with greater attention to low level ambiance queues. The hp50 sounded upfront and bold from my memory of it.

I hope that helps and maybe others can chime in with hp50 experience.

Well, I was saving up for Ortofon EQ-8s, but these sound really tempting! If only I could try them both out side by side...

The e-q8 is a great single armature. Really awesome distortion rock guitars. Very upfront but head filling experience. If I could only choose one, I'd pick the p1 for being a better all rounder and better staging and spacial properties. But you can't go wrong with either, assuming the overall presentations fit your preferences.

Feb 17, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #270 of 3,265
  You can cancel Amazon and order from B&H they are in stock
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1218924-REG/meelectronics_ep_p1_zn_mee_innacle_p1_high_fideltiy.html

Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if B&H is good with returns like Amazon? I just want an out in case they aren't what I'm looking for. 
I ordered the P1 from Amazon as well. It originally said that it wouldn't be in stock until the 23rd, but then they magically arrived at my door three days after placing the order.

That would be nice. I hope it happens that way for me too. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back