1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*

First

Back
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Next

Last
  1. soundstige

In every way IMO. You'll have to hear it to see it [​IMG]

2. HiFiDJ
    The temptation continues.........

3. kdub

hi i'm considering these as are getting all the hype. I've never owned any IEM before as I always thought actually over ear headphones would give better SQ. I own a pair of NAD VISO HP50 so with that regard can you comment the comparison between the P1 and HP50 overall and from the lows to the mids to the highs.  Sound stage and revealing details are important to me so please also comment on this between them if you can.  Thanks!

4. nhat134
    I know, right?
    Head-fi have done it again!
    Screw you Head-fi!
    *you will be alright me little wallet* [​IMG]

5. ezekiel77
    The torture is waiting for them to be available again before I pull the trigger. Now standing before them (and my wallet) is Canjam this weekend.

6. audio123

canjam = 100% wallet to 0%

7. Ojsinnerz
    Well, I was saving up for Ortofon EQ-8s, but these sound really tempting! If only I could try them both out side by side...

8. ezekiel77

Nobody wins but my ears.

9. audio123

yes!

10. Waqar
    My pair just arrived at my local post office. Happy Face

11. sodesuka
    I like the treble on P1, very crispy.

12. audio123

im waiting for mine TT

13. nhat134
    Staph! My wallet is crying!

14. shotgunshane Contributor

I no longer own the hp50 but from memory the hp50 is a good bit bassier. That's why I say the P1 is harman target light. The hp50 was tuned with the harman target and I found it a bit too bassy to call neutral. IMO the P1 is more neutral than the hp50. My recollection is of the hp50 vocals being more intimate. This is likely due to the warmer nature of the hp50 and the slight dip at 1.5k for the P1. The P1 has better upper mid presence and I like female vocals and distortion rock guitars better on the p1. My memory is telling me the p1 treble is a bit crisper and a little more forward in presence. Regarding soundstage- headphones always seem to sound bigger but the p1 is more spacious within its own stage. It has more air and space between instruments and will sound more atmospheric with greater attention to low level ambiance queues. The hp50 sounded upfront and bold from my memory of it.

I hope that helps and maybe others can chime in with hp50 experience.

The e-q8 is a great single armature. Really awesome distortion rock guitars. Very upfront but head filling experience. If I could only choose one, I'd pick the p1 for being a better all rounder and better staging and spacial properties. But you can't go wrong with either, assuming the overall presentations fit your preferences.

15. robm321

Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if B&H is good with returns like Amazon? I just want an out in case they aren't what I'm looking for. 

That would be nice. I hope it happens that way for me too. 

First

Back
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Next

Last