MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Feb 6, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #151 of 3,265
UERM is certainly better, no doubt, but I'd take the P1 over a whole host of other more expensive iems. In fact, after hearing, seeing and using the P1, manufacturers of more expensive iems should be ashamed.

Feb 6, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #152 of 3,265
UERM is certainly better, no doubt, but I'd take the P1 over a whole host of other more expensive iems. In fact, after hearing, seeing and using the P1, manufacturers of more expensive iems should be ashamed.

wow .....glad mine are on the way hearing comments like that 
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 6, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #153 of 3,265

Hmm, but as someone looking for a neutral IEM to round out my collection, would the P1 suffice or is it wiser to save up for a UERM?

Feb 6, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #155 of 3,265
Hmm, but as someone looking for a neutral IEM to round out my collection, would the P1 suffice or is wiser to save up for a UERM?

That's a tough question. I assume the new UERR that replaced the UERM is just as good, if not better, at everything the UERM does right. You'll have to spend extra for impressions and there is always the possibility of refits, so customs are an exercise in patience sometimes.

The UERM is my benchmark and everything I listen to ultimately gets compared to that standard. I absolutely adore and respect my UERM. The P1 doesn't have the clarity and incisivness of the UERM, which carves out its sonic image with a razors edge. But the P1 is less picky, has a slight but pleasant bass boost in comparison and something you can always share with friends and easily resale if desired. At the end of the day, for me, the UERM is the best neutral monitor but 5 times more expensive. If you don't mind spending that kind of money, it's worth every penny. If that kind of money gives you heartburn then things like the P1 make a great, much cheaper alternative.

Feb 6, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #156 of 3,265
Ah alright, thanks a lot for your impressions. Sounds to me like the P1 is a smoother but not as resolving sound? Which honestly sounds more appealing to me in a way. 

I might explore the UERR option again someday, but for the price the P1 seems like a no brainer for what I'm looking for.

Feb 6, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #157 of 3,265
Ah alright, thanks a lot for your impressions. Sounds to me like the P1 is a smoother but not as resolving sound? Which honestly sounds more appealing to me in a way. 

I might explore the UERR option again someday, but for the price the P1 seems like a no brainer for what I'm looking for.

Yes I'd say the P1 is smoother and less resolving sound when directly compared to the UERM.

Feb 6, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #158 of 3,265
Hi Shane are these in any way similar to the Perfect Seal AR6? Might be looking for a neutral reference, also looking at the UERR. Jelt on the other hand is recommending the Jupiter.

Feb 6, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #159 of 3,265
Hi Shane are these in any way similar to the Perfect Seal AR6? Might be looking for a neutral reference, also looking at the UERR. Jelt on the other hand is recommending the Jupiter.

The AR6 is more linear throughout the bass and midrange.

The P1 signature does remind me of Jupiter a lot. Jupiter was more U shaped though with bigger bass and more treble presence. Jupiter's treble, while having more presence was a little smoother than the P1. Both share a similar middle mid dip around 1.5k but my memory says the Jupiter dip was bigger. I greatly prefer the P1 bass since it is not as enhanced. P1 bass is still pretty fast but has that dynamic driver decay everyone seems think sounds more natural. I'd say the P1 edges out Jupiter in overall extension on both ends too but then again that's often typical of a dynamic having better extension. Jupiters build is stupendously good but then so is the P1. This is a case of where I'd take the $200 P1 all day long over the more expensive Jupiter.

Feb 6, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #160 of 3,265
The AR6 is more linear throughout the bass and midrange.

This is a case of where I'd take the $200 P1 all day long over the more expensive Jupiter.

Thanks man. Your opinion is always appreciated. Just one last question. If I wete to pick the P1 over all the others, would I lose out a lot on soundstage?

Feb 6, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #161 of 3,265
Thanks man. Your opinion is always appreciated. Just one last question. If I wete to pick the P1 over all the others, would I lose out a lot on soundstage?

Both the UERM and AR6 have bigger stages to me. UERM being wider, more open sounding and the AR6 to be more lifelike and dimensional. I can't remember the Jupiter staging properties all that well.

Edit: Listening the P1 now and it's staging is nothing to shrug at. It has an open feel to it as well with above average width and depth.

Feb 6, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #163 of 3,265
Glad to know it competes at such a high level. Thanks guys.

Feb 6, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #164 of 3,265
If it weren't for my bad luck I'd have no luck at all.

My P1s appear to be refurbs.  When I first opened them there was, what I can only assume to be, earwax around the nozzles.  There was also a scuff on one as well as a bit of sealant coming out from a seam.  I'd ordered them from Amazon, but didn't realize they were coming from a secondary retailer rather than Amazon directly.  I've already initiated the return process and have ordered a new pair.

Feb 7, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #165 of 3,265
  If it weren't for my bad luck I'd have no luck at all.

My P1s appear to be refurbs.  When I first opened them there was, what I can only assume to be, earwax around the nozzles.  There was also a scuff on one as well as a bit of sealant coming out from a seam.  I'd ordered them from Amazon, but didn't realize they were coming from a secondary retailer rather than Amazon directly.  I've already initiated the return process and have ordered a new pair.

That doesn't seem like a refurb.  Refurbs are typically cleaned off better than that and they are free of any defects that could hamper performance (ear wax for example could cause large fluctuations in sound).  Though the external body can have some dings, the internal structure shouldn't be changed (otherwise, the housing would need to be replaced).  I think you were unfortunate enough to get an open-box/returned item.  :frowning2:  Hope the return process goes smoothly and your replacement comes quick :wink:  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back