MEAOES Audiophile IEMs impressions & reviews
Nov 11, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #46 of 169
The Eagle has landed :)
PXL_20221111_134352651.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20221111_133957480.PORTRAIT.jpg

Nov 11, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #47 of 169
Nov 11, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #48 of 169
Nov 11, 2022 at 7:47 PM Post #49 of 169
I got mine yesterday but I wanted to try out the HiFiBoy OSV3 first so I listened to it last night. I played them using a iBasso DX300 with Amp13EXN amp card. Honestly I thought the sound would end up being thin and focused on mostly the high frequencies, but D**n! I heard very pleasant sound quality with just a smidge recessed mids. but after a little while the layering, detail, and instrument separation just bloomed...WOW! The soundstage was not that wide at first but as I listened I heard more and more instruments move away from the inside my head and locate more out of my skull (I was going to say "mind" but let's not go there). I am very impressed with the OSV3! I haven't even managed to get to the Eagles yet (they will be played from a iBasso DX320 with Amp12EXN 2 for balanced output).

If the OSV3's are this good, I can only imagine what the Eagles will sound like (will listen tonight)! I thought I was being given a throw-away bonus gift but these are definitely a keeper and will be subject to cable rolling...if/when I get around to it.:ksc75smile:

Per usual, these impressions are IMHO and YMMV.:smile_phones: Thanks very much, @Penon !
Cheers and All the best!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2022 at 8:34 PM Post #51 of 169
Waiting down under for my Eagle and OVS plus a free mystery IEM as part of their promotion.

Hey Gill, long time no see! We should meet up again sometime, I have a few new IEMs and sources that might interest you.

Nov 11, 2022 at 8:42 PM Post #52 of 169
Hey Gill, long time no see! We should meet up again sometime, I have a few new IEMs and sources that might interest you.
Oh hey,

Sorry I developed Covid and the last 3 months have been hell. I'll bring the Eagle, the OVS and the mystery iem they are sending.

Looking forward to hear your stuff too. Got a new JH Audio iem too.

Nov 13, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #53 of 169
Early impressions, now! 😂
Haven't been able to listen for that long but of the two I like the Osv3 better. The Eagle may have more detail, but it can also be exhausting. Voices are quite emphasized. But the bass is very good. Accurate and punchy. For me, the Eagle also wins in terms of comfort. The Osv3 simply scores with its long-term suitability what I prefer. But can still change. These are just very early impressions. Will write in more detail next week.

Nov 13, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #54 of 169
A few aspects of the Eagle worth noting. If you got the Eagles. They are quite tip, source and burn in sensitive. Meaning 1) you have to burn them in due to the titanium dome and bass gets an uplift in definition with much better cohesion overall. 2) 10 ohm meaning not all sources are going to match up well with the eagles. A warmer sounding source seem to mesh better with the Eagles energetic sound profile better than anything with neutrality. 3) Most importantly they are not ideal to use in balanced due to their high sensitivity. Try single ended. Make sure your sources have a low ohm output. Connecting the Eagle out of a source with lets say 5 ohm output and you're going to get something very bright tonal character with thinner note weight.

The Eagles from a cell phone is not going to sound right. Due to most cellphones not being optimized for high sensitive IEMs. The Eagles from a big desktop amp is not going to sound right unless you got something newer with a very low output impedance in low gain mode only. Unfortunately, the Eagles fall into the category of finicky IEMs. But hope my post here helps. Low ohm earphones like the Eagles are a double edge sword. On one hand they can be driven easily on everything but the catch on them is you have to actually watch what you're connecting them to otherwise you're not going to hear an optimal Eagle. This was the exact same issue that was happening to Yanyin IEMs with 10 ohm impedance.

Believe it or not I was told they need 200 hours for optimal sound. They will sound bright before they smooth out eventually. Underneath all that there is a sound there worth exploring but it is unfortunate they had to make them so sensitive.

Nov 14, 2022 at 12:55 AM Post #56 of 169
I like the Eagle a lot, and quite a bit more than the OSv3. Yes, they could be smoother, and I hope burn-in does help as Dsnuts suggests. My biggest problem is they don't want to stay in my ears! I think this shell is not going to work for my ears. :disappointed:
Well...... the thing is that maybe true, but you simply have to keep trying ear-tips. Meaning at times fitment is a long process where you just have to try stuff, don’t intellectualize it, dumb down the process. Meaning just try everything you have, don’t question any of the tips, just keep rotating IEM ear-tips in and eventually you will discover one or two sets that work. But there is actually a lot of variables to ear-tips and sound, where often (maybe because of the air-tigh-fit) I get better low end with wide bore tips? So this fit thing can be super confusing. There are foams, there are the new Softears liquid silicone. There is regular silicone and 100s more as an idea as to what a tip can be. Also strangely try tips later on which didn’t work at the start! Yep, something changes.....I have no answer to this except tips which used to be a no-go for me now fit! So maybe your ear changes. But fit is literally the most important thing as sound quality arrives from great fit. Don’t give up!

Even try different sizes that common sense tell you not to, and you will be surprised!

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2022 at 1:05 AM Post #57 of 169
Well...... the thing is that maybe true, but you simply have to keep trying ear-tips. Meaning at times fitment is a long process where you just have to try stuff, don’t intellectualize it, dumb down the process. Meaning just try everything you have, don’t question any of the tips, just keep rotating IEM ear-tips in and eventually you will discover one or two sets that work. But there is actually a lot of variables to ear-tips and sound, where often (maybe because of the air-tigh-fit) I get better low end with wide bore tips? So this fit thing can be super confusing. There are foams, there are the new Softears liquid silicone. There is regular silicone and 100s more as an idea as to what a tip can be. Also strangely try tips later on which didn’t work at the start! Yep, something changes.....I have no answer to this except tips which used to be a no-go for me now fit! So maybe your ear changes. But fit is literally the most important thing as sound quality arrives from great fit. Don’t give up!

Even try different sizes that common sense tell you not to, and you will be surprised!
Particularly agree with trying a smaller size than usual. Some IEMs with long nozzle do better with a smaller eartip for a deep fit!:L3000:

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2022 at 3:04 AM Post #58 of 169
A few aspects of the Eagle worth noting. If you got the Eagles. They are quite tip, source and burn in sensitive. Meaning 1) you have to burn them in due to the titanium dome and bass gets an uplift in definition with much better cohesion overall. 2) 10 ohm meaning not all sources are going to match up well with the eagles. A warmer sounding source seem to mesh better with the Eagles energetic sound profile better than anything with neutrality. 3) Most importantly they are not ideal to use in balanced due to their high sensitivity. Try single ended. Make sure your sources have a low ohm output. Connecting the Eagle out of a source with lets say 5 ohm output and you're going to get something very bright tonal character with thinner note weight.

The Eagles from a cell phone is not going to sound right. Due to most cellphones not being optimized for high sensitive IEMs. The Eagles from a big desktop amp is not going to sound right unless you got something newer with a very low output impedance in low gain mode only. Unfortunately, the Eagles fall into the category of finicky IEMs. But hope my post here helps. Low ohm earphones like the Eagles are a double edge sword. On one hand they can be driven easily on everything but the catch on them is you have to actually watch what you're connecting them to otherwise you're not going to hear an optimal Eagle. This was the exact same issue that was happening to Yanyin IEMs with 10 ohm impedance.

Believe it or not I was told they need 200 hours for optimal sound. They will sound bright before they smooth out eventually. Underneath all that there is a sound there worth exploring but it is unfortunate they had to make them so sensitive.
100%! Literally would have given up on them on first listen, but a proper burn in has never been more obvious in significant tonal shift. These are promising and I will continue the process.

Nov 14, 2022 at 3:36 AM Post #59 of 169
Particularly agree with trying a smaller size than usual. Some IEMs with long nozzle do better with a smaller eartip for a deep fit!:L3000:
Yes, exactly!

Nov 14, 2022 at 4:25 AM Post #60 of 169
My package arrived from Penon today. Penon have done a great deal with this. I certainly feel like I received value for money.

Initial impressions are very positive. The Eagle has great depth to its sound and the double DDs have been tuned very nicely indeed - speed and impact are already increasing after several hours burn-in. The OS V3 is bright and dynamic. It's less my style than the Eagle, but it is an exciting listen and may change with more hours playing. Both these IEMs give the impression of having had a lot of thought put into their design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back