MEAOES Audiophile IEMs impressions & reviews
Jan 5, 2023 at 2:13 AM Post #167 of 169
Jan 5, 2023 at 2:39 AM Post #168 of 169
Apparently Letshuoer changed up the nozzle filter much like MEAOES has for their pro model. From what I have been reading it seems their original S12 was also brighter and had more treble emphasis than the pro model. Interesting.

Sorry for geting off topic guys I just find it facinating. What is the chance I get a very similarly tuned Planar IEM from a different manufacturer was my thought. In any case.
Get your filters in place and throw on a thicker copper cable on your EAGLES and enjoy.
Yeah, I find the bit about changing filters pretty interesting. I have changed the filters in my Eagles and now, and really there is some shift towards the bottom end. I guess that leads to some damping of the treble but to my ears its more noticeable as a bit less air up the top end and a little more space at the base end.

I keep coming back to the Moondrop SSR and SSP as good examples of what he Eagles are trying to achieve - basically a diffuse field tuning with extra energy at bottom end. And with the SSR and SSP we have clear statements from Moondrop as to what they were trying to achieve when moving from the SSR to the SSP tuning: they only changed the density of the material used in the four dampers. Yet the performance at the bass end is quite different.

It still surprises me a bit that some people found the Eagles so bright - given that this type of tuning has been around for a while, it isn't like Meaoes did something completely crazy. Maybe because Meaoes is a relatively new company and under more scrutiny because of that.

Moondrop SSR SSP.png

Apr 29, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #169 of 169
I tried Eagle MEAOES with lotoo s1 and, according to my ears, it's a nice ring.
S1 bring a little more sub and contains high mids / low trebble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back