MEAOES Audiophile IEMs impressions & reviews
Nov 3, 2022 at 8:13 AM Post #18 of 169
A bit of an observation on the Eagles. I am listening to them tonight and I have discovered, much like Yanyin IEMs with its low impedance at 10 Ohms. The Eagle also is a 10 Ohm IEM.

This is a case where amplification is not exactly the best way to hear the Eagles. These are highly efficient meaning you might actually get a better sound using the single ended 3.5mm out vs the balanced out using one of the balanced connectors.

I know that sounds counter intuitive as these utilize 2 dynamic drivers that make up the bulk of the music, you're hearing but much like the Yanyin IEMs these will actually sound a bit more bassy in single ended vs using them in balanced out. It sounds like it has a touch more bass vs the balanced out of my Fiio M15 I am listening to right now. I supposed if you want a more balanced version of the Eagles sound you can use balanced out. Lol.

This was also the case for the highly sensitive yanyin Iems. I suppose if you want a bit less bass you can go balanced but it seems this also has an effect on note weight. Music sounds a touch weightier in general from the single ended out. In other words, don't throw out your single ended connectors just because you have a source with balanced out is my point. Try the single ended from your players. It might surprise you. Of course, your tips and cables will come into play here as well. Its included copper cable is excellent by the way. Matches perfectly with the Eagles.

Folks that get in on the 2 for 1 deal right now is getting a bargain and a heck of deal for both IEMs. The Eagle itself is easily worth the price you're paying but an extra highly regarded hybrid thrown in is a crazy deal.
How you compare these with Penon Fan 2 , which one is better overall ?

Nov 3, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #19 of 169
Fan2 is much more neutral in presentation has more forward mids presentation especially lower mids and the Eagle is more v shaped IEM excellent for energetic genres. Rock Metal, EDM and such. More bass impact and rumble and has more in the upper mids gain over the Fan2, Clarity well imaged technical with good punch and rumble is what the Eagles are or a more energetic tuning. Fan2 is more even handed in its balancing and is excellent for acoustic and vocal music, orchestral and the like. They actually compliment each other in the way they are tuned.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #20 of 169
:microphone::microphone::microphone:Hello everyone,
For some reason :pensive::pensive::pensive:HIFIBOY failed to register the brand successfully after several years of efforts, so no new products were released after OSV3.

:headphones::headphones::headphones:Now HIFIBOY changed the brand to MEAOES and successfully registered, MEAOES brought their first IEM-Eagle:clap::clap::clap:.

Eagle is made of resin 3D printing technology and environment-friendly materials, paired with hand-painted blue sky and white cloud panels. Each panel is a single painting by a senior draftsman, the eagle fly in the blue sky and white clouds, symbolizing freedom, success, courage and strength:):):)

Specification
Brand: MEAOES
Model: eagle
Driver configuration: 2BA+7.5mm DD+8mm DD
Sensitivity: 103dB
Frequency range: 20-40kHz
Impedance: 10ohm
Connector:2pin 0.78mm
Cable: 1.2m 6N single crystal copper detachable cable with 3.5mm/2.5mm/4.4mm plug

:gift::gift::gift:The customers who buy the first batch Eagle will be sent OSV3 for FREE. Due to the shipping cost, OSV3 does not include packaging box. If you need packaging box, please contact the seller when purchasing.

Purchase link:​

https://penonaudio.com/meaoes-eagle.html

The shell looks pretty nice and small. The cable looks fabulous with different terminations. I am fascinated. 2 BA and 2 DDs, seems like each driver is assigned different areas of frequency response. I believe DDs are handling the bass and the BA's are mids and highs ?

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2022 at 11:24 PM Post #22 of 169
Actually the 8mm ceramic dome dynamic handles bass + 7.5mm titanium dome dynamic handles the mids+ I would imagine they are using dual BAs to save on some space in the shells but technically two BAs for treble.
I really liked the Bamboo Forest Bird Amazing IEM with its 8mm + 6mm DDs . I was impressed by the 2 x DD plus proper cross-over configuration but I always wanted an IEM like that with BA(s) for the upper end and some additional precision. The Meaoes Eagle has the configuration, just need to wait to hear the tuning of it. But very impressed by the Penon 2 for 1 deal with the HiFI Boy OSV3 included.

Nov 4, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #26 of 169
Penon Audio are very good with getting orders out. Shipped mine within 24 hours of placing order via their website.
Indeed, the Eagles are flying fast over the oceans

Nov 4, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #28 of 169
Nov 5, 2022 at 12:19 AM Post #29 of 169
Nov 5, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #30 of 169
After much consideration and reading here I dropped a dime on these. It’s a crazy deal and with an 11:11 $8US off it’s even better. The Fan 2 is a similar configuration and it sounds amazing. I’m very curious to hear how un-matched DDs perform together.
Well, that’s the thing, DDs come in a variety of flavors. I simply like the cable too? I am most excited about the Fan 2, don’t even know why, but it should be here in a day!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back