MD/DC/VA Spring Meet Sat. April 2nd (DATE CHANGED)
Mar 25, 2005 at 3:31 PM Post #121 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hirsch
I will be bringing a high-end headphone rarely seen on Head-Fi. I'm actually surprised at how little has been written about it. If you're at College Park, you'll be among the few to have heard it. I don't remember seeing pics of it at ANY meet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hmmmmmmmmmm... I take it this is a phone not listed in your profile. And the Koss Cheesephones were prominently featured (and photographed) at the last Maryland meet, so I don't think that's it.

Is it possible that you've invented some diabolical Headphile-style mix-and-match and transplanted the cups of the Cheesephones to the HD650's, creating the dreaded Cheeseheisers?

Otherwise, I'm out of ideas.
confused.gif
(Unless a certain 'phone beloved of NFL players has floated into your possession, but it seems like that one's had plenty of discussion, and I know I've seen pics of Canman wearing them.)

Mar 25, 2005 at 3:59 PM Post #122 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixie Flatline
Is it possible that you've invented some diabolical Headphile-style mix-and-match and transplanted the cups of the Cheesephones to the HD650's, creating the dreaded Cheeseheisers?

Otherwise, I'm out of ideas.
confused.gif
(Unless a certain 'phone beloved of NFL players has floated into your possession, but it seems like that one's had plenty of discussion, and I know I've seen pics of Canman wearing them.)

Man, I will never live that one down. Hirsch's mystery phone is definitely the Cheeseheisers, and there is a reason why there is little written about it!

Mar 25, 2005 at 5:18 PM Post #123 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman
Man, I will never live that one down. Hirsch's mystery phone is definitely the Cheeseheisers, and there is a reason why there is little written about it!

It could be more detailed than any Stax I've heard (definitely more than SR-404). I'm talking serious headphone here, easily on a par with K-1000, PS-1, and others in that range. Scary that a headphone this good slipped under the Head-Fi radar.

Stevieo heard it last night. I'm not allowed to post the name until he finds a pair and buys it...but I'm going to hold off until the meet anyway. Got to drum up some anticipation...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 25, 2005 at 5:28 PM Post #124 of 205
Quote:

Stevieo heard it last night. I'm not allowed to post the name until he finds a pair and buys it...but I'm going to hold off until the meet anyway. Got to drum up some anticipation...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oh, well, all right then. As long as it's not some cheese-related monstrosity, I can live with the suspense.
biggrin.gif

(And if somebody out there has actually has done a "Velveeta mod" to their 'phones, I'd prefer to remain ignorant, thank you very much.
eek.gif
)

Mar 25, 2005 at 6:08 PM Post #125 of 205
The seed has been planted!
It can turn into a beautiful flower, or an ugly weed. We will have to wait until harvest day to find out. Luckily the germination period is only one week and one day and it will sprout its head on Saturday
eek.gif

Mar 25, 2005 at 10:07 PM Post #128 of 205
Quote:

c'mon we need a clue here. Are these mystery headphones in production?

Yep. Current production model. I've alerted the distributor that he might be getting some calls after the meet
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 26, 2005 at 2:53 AM Post #129 of 205
These things don't "Float" cause they've been in meet pictures. So the plot thickens.

Mar 26, 2005 at 4:44 PM Post #131 of 205
Quote:

c'mon we need a clue here. Are these mystery headphones in production?

OK, just to make it interesting, I'll drop a clue every now and then. Clue du jour: there is a dedicated amp made for this headphone.

Mar 26, 2005 at 6:08 PM Post #132 of 205
Quote:

OK, just to make it interesting, I'll drop a clue every now and then. Clue du jour: there is a dedicated amp made for this headphone.

Inquiry du jour: does it have a special plug (termination), which is also accommodated by the dedicated amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back