MD/DC/VA Spring Meet Sat. April 2nd (DATE CHANGED)
Mar 28, 2005 at 7:46 PM Post #151 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman
It better not be something tricky, like a modified K-1000
smily_headphones1.gif

Nope. Currently available commercial product.

Mar 29, 2005 at 3:00 AM Post #154 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixie Flatline
This is very much my thinking, but as far as the amp goes:
AT-DHA3000 Headphone Amp

D'oh! I guess I'm safe, anyway.
biggrin.gif

(Actually, I'll just come in disguise. I'm sure no one will recognize me without the grapefruit on my head.
tongue.gif
)

I forgot about that amp, since it came out...it's a real looker.

Grapefruit? I always thought it was a watermelon
eek.gif

Mar 29, 2005 at 5:31 AM Post #155 of 205
Yet another hint (these are getting easier, folks): Instead of the dedicated amp, you can use an adapter to run the headphone from a speaker amp.

Mar 29, 2005 at 9:23 AM Post #156 of 205
I won't be able to make it, visiting my girlfriend in Pittsburgh for a long weekend.

However, I do have my Supermacro V3.0 now. I'm willing to loan it for the meet If someone trustworthy in either Rockville or Georgetown (where I work and live, respectivly) wants to meet me to pick it up. That is, if there is interest in hearing it.

Mar 29, 2005 at 4:24 PM Post #157 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hirsch
Yet another hint (these are getting easier, folks): Instead of the dedicated amp, you can use an adapter to run the headphone from a speaker amp.

I knew it was the K1000
k1000smile.gif

Mar 29, 2005 at 5:30 PM Post #158 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
I forgot about that amp, since it came out...it's a real looker.

Grapefruit? I always thought it was a watermelon
eek.gif

Gorgeous but a wee bit overpriced, I suspect. Although I didn't realize until I read the Audiocubes page that it's actually an amp/DAC combo. Digital inputs only.

As for the headgear, it's definitely a citrus rind of some sort. (After all, his name is Limecat.) Either a grapefruit or possibly a pomelo. For those unfamiliar with the pomelo, it's what you'd get if you went to a mad scientist and asked him to make you a bulletproof grapefruit.
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2005 at 7:39 PM Post #159 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman
I knew it was the K1000
k1000smile.gif

I could swear that I've seen K-1000's in meet pictures. Even my modded ones. Good try, though
wink.gif

Here's a gratuitous hint: US MSRP is $600 for the headphone, $300 for the amp, and $145 for the adapter. Picture of Canman wearing this headphone on Saturday: priceless (It's got a major geek factor, on a par with the K-1000 or Jecklin Float).
wink.gif

Here's another gratuitous hint: The headphone has a baby brother that retails at $200 and is a strong contender for the best sounding dynamic headphone available anywhere at that price (and is far better than many priced higher). It's that good. Four of us listened to it on Saturday. Stevieo brought the headphone. Thrice, CD44hi and I called and ordered them from the distributor on the spot.

So, there will be two new headphones at the meet. These cans deserve some exposure. The sound that you get for the money is unbelievable.

Mar 29, 2005 at 10:56 PM Post #160 of 205
Now I for sure can't wait untill Saturday!

I will be at the Prince George Equestrian Center, showing horses the rest of the week no more internet untill I meet you guys.

Is this close to the meet? It's on Pennsivania ave. just west of 495.

Mar 29, 2005 at 10:59 PM Post #161 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwin022
I won't be able to make it, visiting my girlfriend in Pittsburgh for a long weekend.

However, I do have my Supermacro V3.0 now. I'm willing to loan it for the meet If someone trustworthy in either Rockville or Georgetown (where I work and live, respectivly) wants to meet me to pick it up. That is, if there is interest in hearing it.

I would love to hear the Supermacro V3.0 I think the bass boost is just what the ER 4P's need! and the P to S converter too !

Mar 30, 2005 at 12:45 AM Post #162 of 205
I would like to go to this meet. I know it is late, but I hope not too late. I can bring a cmoy and an iriver H320.

Mar 30, 2005 at 3:47 AM Post #163 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hirsch
Picture of Canman wearing this headphone on Saturday: priceless

I wish I were on the east coast so I can see this in person.
biggrin.gif

Mar 30, 2005 at 5:25 AM Post #164 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnmatrix
I would like to go to this meet. I know it is late, but I hope not too late. I can bring a cmoy and an iriver H320.

You are more tha welcome to come.

Cheers,
thrice (there are directions to my place on the top of page 6 of this thread.)

Mar 30, 2005 at 5:58 AM Post #165 of 205
Steveo and Jmmmmm have offered to bring my SM. I'll try to meet up with one of them tomorrow night to drop it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back