Mayberry's Trippin Balls: Fairfax, CA cross-coastal meet.
Feb 7, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #181 of 246
Man, I have not even gotten around to my writeup yet....!!!!

I better take some time off work this afternoon and get to it...

Cheers,

Feb 7, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #182 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeymad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, I have not even gotten around to my writeup yet....!!!!

I better take some time off work this afternoon and get to it...

Cheers,

Good idea! Dew eet!
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #183 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeymad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmmm. I had the soundtrack for 'Ghost in the Shell' Japanese anime. So if there was a Japanese singer with a lot of huge drums and other stuff, that was mine.

Now if it was Chinese... then I don't know....
confused.gif
biggrin.gif

Cheers,

That's a great soundtrack and a great disc for gear evaluation (IMHO).

Feb 7, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #185 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So where are all the other people who came to this meet? Come On Guys...impressions, impressions. We can't have the same 15 yahoos shooting their mouths off.

Did I hear someone call for yahoos?

Al's MOA retreat was about as perfect a venue for a meet, especially with so many coming in from out of town, as you can get. It really was in some respects a mini National. A large group of headphone nuts all in one place for an extended period of time. It is just amazing how great everyone got along (okay, there were a few moments). CanJam will be like this but bigger and hopefully even better.

I hope that the registration system for CanJam will be up and running shortly. I will make a vendor announcement by Friday. There will probably be a few more to add to the list but I want to get something out there asap. I hope to see NorCal and SoCal members in great numbers. I wonder who can get more people down here, you guys or New York.....

Back on topic, Al, you da man!

Feb 7, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #186 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guzziguy also arrived Friday and stuck out the whole weekend...

Call me Mr. Sensitive, but am I that forgettable?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting comparison for you Carlos, the 4 of us who flew from Florida and the 1 from North Carolina each came from roughly 2500 miles (4000 km) in a straight line. A similar line for you could bring people from Jerusalem, Moscow, and Nigeria.

2563.79 miles for me
redface.gif
?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So who is the chopped liver? Aaron or Wayne? Oh, I get it. Aaron didn't arrive until Friday. So I guess you counted right.
wink.gif
Sheez! And here I thought Aaron was Mr. Sensitive. I guess being his byyyyytch has had an effect on me as well.

Did you just call me Mr. Sensitive? Chopped Liver, I am.

Speak about cracking up...Wayne came into our sleepover camp bunk quarters Friday night giggling like a little girl, and without knowing why he was laughing, I started laughing uncontrollably which made Wayne laugh even more, which made me laugh even more. We laughed for about 8 minutes until both of our rib cages couldn't take it anymore.
The next day I found out it was because he was laughing that he was the one who was farting in Al's minivan something fierce, and everyone was blaming the front seat of the van.

Here was the hidden culprit (notice the innocent look):

DSCN1075.jpg

Feb 8, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #187 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, so I didn't have Radiohead playing on my rig the entire time, I was just joking because Grahame made the Bodysnatchers reference and that is the title of Track 2 on the In Rainbows disk. It is quite possible Amphead heard the Chinese singer on my rig, and I would think it must have sounded quite nice (bourbon or no bourbon
wink.gif
).

BTW, Ping, you should have been there! You would have loved it and it would have been great to see you. Are you going to CanJam in Florida? I surely hope to see you there. Cheers, Al.

Al, yes, you are right. It is always fun to meet every body. See you soon. Cheers. Ping

Feb 8, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #188 of 246
Quote:

2563.79 miles for me...remember me ?

Hmmmm......that must be upstate New York. Saratoga? :wink:
Quote:

Hmmmm. I had the soundtrack for 'Ghost in the Shell' Japanese anime. So if there was a Japanese singer with a lot of huge drums and other stuff, that was mine.

Remember the guy that plugged his own source in, on Saturday afternoon? Who was that masked man? :wink:

Feb 8, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #189 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by amphead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmmm......that must be upstate New York. Saratoga? :wink:

Actually, that was Google Maps estimation starting out from midtown Manhattan.
It could be Saratoga too, as the crow flies
wink.gif

Feb 8, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #193 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and alcoholing... wait is that a gerund?

I'll ask my daughter. She has 2 years of Latin under her belt.

Feb 8, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #194 of 246
I spent that saturday mostly with my new Rockhopper mini3. I was able to check out Boomana's PK1's with it and definitely noticed a clarity in the SQ that is lacking in the PK3's I have. I want to get a pair of PK1's for sure. I then moved on to her ATH-ESW9's. What a beautiful pairs of woodies. I wasn't able to devote enough time with them plus the noise level at the meets sometimes hinder accurate impressions. I was able to listen to Frank's wonderful DIY amp upstairs with some Grados. Nice! It was a great meet and we really enjoyed putting faces with the names/avatars. Truly a great group. Al is the ultimate gracious host. He always put the interests of his guests before his own. Can't wait for the next meet.

Feb 8, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #195 of 246
One thing that amazed me about Frank's amp was that I was able to listen to a pair of K1000's with a 1/4" termination at about 1 o'clock and then switch to a pair of HP-1000's and listen at 10 o'clock.

It drove anything with the greatest of ease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back