MAXELL new IEM's - MXH-DBA700 (dual hybrid) and MXH-DD600 (dual dynamic) - soon to be released in Japan!
Nov 21, 2012 at 6:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

putente

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi.

So, I stumbled upon the information of Maxell's new soon to be released IEM models, the DBA700 (dual hybrid: BA+dynamic driver) and the DD600 (dual dynamic). They are currently listed at Amazon.co.jp, and the prices are very interesting!

Here's the link to Maxell official press release and announcement: http://www.maxell.co.jp/jpn/news/2012/news121121_2.html

Specs for both models:

Model number MXH-DBA700 MXH-DD600
Type​
Canal type​
Driver model​
Sealed balanced armature 
driver × 1 
× 1 dynamic type driver​
Dynamic type driver × 2​
Dynamic Driver Unit​
8mm diameter​
6mm diameter 8mm / diameter​
Sound pressure sensitivity​
104dB/mW​
100dB/mW​
Play frequency band​
20 ~ 20,000 Hz​
Impedance​
16Ω​
8Ω​
Maximum input * 2
200mW​
Cord length​
Approximately 1.2m (type Y)​
Plug​
3.5mm diameter stereo mini plug (type L, gold plated)​
Mass​
(Including code) 17g about​
(Including code) 16g about​
Accessories​
Antibacterial earpiece * 1 (2 each SS / S / M / L) (M is attached to the main body)​

1. * 1 by Ishizuka Glass Co., Ltd. Co., antibacterial effect has been confirmed by the examination effect 2801 JIS Z.
  2. * 2 is the value measured by the standard (International Electrotechnical Commission) IEC.

DBA700 - Dual hybrid (BA+dynamic) model:

Selling for 9800 yen, about $120! (Link to Amazon.co.jp)

DD600 - Dual dynamic model:

Selling for 7800 yen, about $95! (Link to Amazon.co.jp)

Let's see when they'll be available for the rest of the world...

*** UPDATE ***:

A pretty solid source tell me that we will see these outside of Japan in January, so it really isn't that long a wait.

Nov 21, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #3 of 58
PICTURES

DBA700:

DD600:

Cable and plug:

VIDEO

Nov 21, 2012 at 6:17 AM Post #4 of 58
excellent discovery, thanks .

Nov 21, 2012 at 7:27 AM Post #8 of 58
Quote:
Hybrids......Hybrids everywhere.
cool.gif

True. Technicaly, I think this is way to go! The combination of the dynamic driver performance for the low end and the BA detail and resolution for mids and highs, seems to be the best compromise yet... I'm sold to the hybrids! The VSONIC "GR08" is coming soon and there's also the Cosmic Ears HY3 hybrid CIEM for a great price! Dark times are coming for my wallet... 
biggrin.gif

About these new Maxell models, the price (in Japan) is very good, but let's wait and see if their sonic performance is any good! But I don't like flat cables that much... 

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #11 of 58
Nice find! Thanks.

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #13 of 58
Nov 22, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #15 of 58
Dunu Trident cases... are really nice. Excellent choice.

I wonder though, how did they actually fit the 2x dynamic drivers. Has to be much tighter than they show.
Considering the frequency response and model name, the DBA700 has an FK BA most likely.

If the graphs are accurate, the DBA model is less airy, but high boosted and slightly recessed in mids. The DD model though... very interesting signature, looks like RE0?
I wonder how that will sound.

Both are very low impedance, will need a very good amp or buffer for highest quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back