MAXELL new IEM's - MXH-DBA700 (dual hybrid) and MXH-DD600 (dual dynamic) - soon to be released in Japan!
Dec 7, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #31 of 58
Anyone here understand Japanese? Just found what looks to be somewhat of a review of these two new IEMs from CNET Japan. Seems like they'll be available in Japan next week or so according to estimated shipping dates on Amazon.jp.

img60497396.jpg

Dec 22, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #34 of 58
OK so I have decided to be the guinea pig here and will pull the trigger on Maxell hybrid DBA700 from Amazon Japan, only comes down to about $95 so it's a pretty awesome price for a hybrid.

With the Xmas period and all, I won't expect mine to be delivered until after the new year, so I will post first impression here as soon as I get them

etysmile.gif

Dec 23, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #35 of 58
Quote:
OK so I have decided to be the guinea pig here and will pull the trigger on Maxell hybrid DBA700 from Amazon Japan, only comes down to about $95 so it's a pretty awesome price for a hybrid.

With the Xmas period and all, I won't expect mine to be delivered until after the new year, so I will post first impression here as soon as I get them

etysmile.gif

Great! We'll be waiting for your impressions and review on them... 
popcorn.gif

Dec 24, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #38 of 58
OK so from that video, it looks like that the DBA700's FR is similar to UE700, which is good, and DD600's FR is similar to both FA Tandem and TDK IE800 - mid centric

Jan 3, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #42 of 58
w00t!!!!!

Just got home from 5hr flight and this was waiting for me on my desk 
etysmile.gif

I will have a quick listen and will let it burn it in, and will post my impression tomorrow...

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #43 of 58
Wow, very interesting! Their shape kind of reminds me of the Dunu Trident (which at the same time reminds me of a salt/pepper shaker xD).

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #44 of 58
I wasn't going to post a first impression until tomorrow, but ericp10 wanted to read something pronto, so here it is in short...
wink_face.gif

1. I HATE the cable!!! rubbery flat cable, extremely tangle prone, though microphonics is not too bad at all...
  2. No case at all, what!?!?! seriously?!?! $95 IEM does not come with case...dissapointing, in the box there are only the IEM itself + S/M/L silicones

OK so sound wise, I am still undecided, have to let it burn in a bit (and I am enjoying my FXZ100 too much to be honest haha) 
etysmile.gif

1. Bass - quantity roughly equal to most of the single-BA IEM out there, mostly mid-bass with no sub-bass whatsoever, to my ear, the bass is marginally better than XBA-1 and A151 but not as good as UE600
  2. Mids - this is a mid-centric IEM, the mid is smooth and forward, to my ear the mid is better than XBA-1, but not as good as FA Tandem
  3. Highs - now this is the reason why I am still undecided if I like it or not, the highs are extremely laid-back, and rolled of way early, at this stage, to my ear I'd say the high is lagging behind XBA-1
  4. Soundstage - average
  5. Isolation - average

Comparison to other hybrids - well this is pretty much the second hybrid that I've heard, the other being H-100, which is one of my favourite of all time, so yeah no competition in this case, 

Ask me questions...otherwise, I'll let this burn in and I will post further impression after a few days or so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back