Maverick Audio DAC/Amp
Nov 3, 2010 at 8:25 AM Post #1,952 of 2,660
I will let you guys know how it sound on my speaker as well as on A1 once I have it. I guess rolling tube on my A1 would make more sense than getting another opamp for the headphone out though i hope to know how it sounds like =(

Quote:
Good on you dude! And no, DC offset only has a thing for headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm really keen to know how the metal can is like on the DAC. See, I only have one metal can and I ain't taking it out from the headphone section
smily_headphones1.gif

interesting to see someone with WA6 and D1!

I was at several moments as tempted to upgrade to a better Dac but could find none that offer such a great value/design/footprint as D1
L3000.gif

Nov 4, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #1,953 of 2,660
i have use for 2 month , very good & happy
biggrin.gif

to All user of Maverick Audio Tube Magic D1 
smile_phones.gif

have you post in here ?

Maverick Audio TubeMagic user :

http://www.head-fi.org/products/maverick-audio-tubemagic-d1/owners

thanks
beerchug.gif

Nov 7, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #1,954 of 2,660
I've had my D1 for about 3 months, and yes I am a happy user
smily_headphones1.gif

mostly I take the tube pre-out to feed my DIY ZEN amp and my cmoy (yeah i know, not a really proper amp
smily_headphones1.gif
) and drive a DT880/250 and big-bang-of-bucks Superlux HD681,
the pairs sound really good,
the DAC and amp fill in the absence of mid for the two listed cans...

BUT
unfortunately for the last 2-3 weeks,
every after a straight 2-3 hours of use,
the DAC + amp (either Zen, Cmoy or even a FiiO E7) output volume decreased progressively and finally distorted on a very unacceptable rate.
I also noticed that the tube light dimmed (compared to when I first turn the DAC on).

Well, I have sent the D1 back to the reseller for a warranty claim,
but I wonder if any of you guys have experienced the same problem...?
Is it the tube faulty? or else?
The point is I only want to make sure that on my usage I've done nothing wrong...
avoiding things like if the warranty has expired later and I found out that the problem actually caused by my wrong usage...
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 8, 2010 at 5:26 AM Post #1,956 of 2,660
hmmm not really...
I will have to spend around 20 bucks for the NOS 5670 tube here,
while on the other hand the delivery only costs me 6 bucks
biggrin.gif

edit: btw, we both suspected the tube is faulty in this case, are there any special treatments for a tube stage amp? I'm a noob in this tube thing though
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 10, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #1,957 of 2,660
Hi all,

Anybody compared D1 with nuforce udac-2 sound wise ? I had almost decided udac-2 when I saw this product and I am almost leaning towards it .
It has tube too and lots more features plus all around $200 which is my max budget!

(currently have grado sr60 but later be upgrading to hd600 or sr225)

Thanks,
Hifisound

Nov 10, 2010 at 9:42 AM Post #1,958 of 2,660
I have just gotten LME49720 for my DAC section and a Bendix 6385 tube for my D1.

LME49720 sounds great when paired with WE396A on the tube out and with OPA627 from the headamp out.

Will post more review on them after I get to hear more music with them. =)

Nov 10, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #1,959 of 2,660

Looking forward to your review dude.

Had a chat with a couple of head-fi enthusiasts earlier today and they are pestering me to give the OPA627AP on a browndog a chance on the headphone section. They swear by the combo and apparently stopped rolling opamps after using them. Honestly, I have yet to be able to fault the LME49720HA but the constant raving on how good the OPA627AP is is making me curious. I know they are expensive so I don't want to buy them only for my ears to tell me the metal can kicks its a$$. Since you use the OPA627, any thoughts to share?

Quote:
I have just gotten LME49720 for my DAC section and a Bendix 6385 tube for my D1.

LME49720 sounds great when paired with WE396A on the tube out and with OPA627 from the headamp out.

Will post more review on them after I get to hear more music with them. =)

Nov 10, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #1,960 of 2,660
I have 2 OPA627 since I bought in pair. Maybe i can sell you one =)

Quote:

Looking forward to your review dude.

Had a chat with a couple of head-fi enthusiasts earlier today and they are pestering me to give the OPA627AP on a browndog a chance on the headphone section. They swear by the combo and apparently stopped rolling opamps after using them. Honestly, I have yet to be able to fault the LME49720HA but the constant raving on how good the OPA627AP is is making me curious. I know they are expensive so I don't want to buy them only for my ears to tell me the metal can kicks its a$$. Since you use the OPA627, any thoughts to share?

Nov 11, 2010 at 7:31 AM Post #1,962 of 2,660
haha im using the browndog adaptor.

i used to put both opa627 on the dac and headamp section.

switched to other opamps as that combi doesn't sound that nice for headphone.

Nov 11, 2010 at 7:55 AM Post #1,963 of 2,660
So would you have a spare browndog adaptor that I can buy off you to run the OPA627? I've been trying to get hold of one here and it is a real b*tch. Make that capital B. Well, Grado cans are known to be forward sounding so the OPA627 might be suited to it. I'm willing to try if you're willing to sell
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Nov 11, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #1,964 of 2,660
the opa627 opamps i bought are dual opa627 soldered onto browndog adaptors...

so effectively, i am having 4 opa627 opamps (which makes 2 dual-channel opa627 opamps that i use for D1). =)

Quote:
So would you have a spare browndog adaptor that I can buy off you to run the OPA627? I've been trying to get hold of one here and it is a real b*tch. Make that capital B. Well, Grado cans are known to be forward sounding so the OPA627 might be suited to it. I'm willing to try if you're willing to sell
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Nov 11, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #1,965 of 2,660
So sell me one :) I'm serious. Your config makes it even more ideal for me since I don't have to source for a Browndog to host the OPA672 opamps. Let me know. Cheers dude!

Quote:
the opa627 opamps i bought are dual opa627 soldered onto browndog adaptors...

so effectively, i am having 4 opa627 opamps (which makes 2 dual-channel opa627 opamps that i use for D1). =)

Quote:
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back