Maverick Audio DAC/Amp
Dec 27, 2009 at 12:50 PM Post #361 of 2,660
so while i know there's probably not much demand for the d1 vs d10, anyone have any direct comparison results? it's been my only amp for the last year and before that, i was just using a total bithead for a couple years.

plan on buying a d1 along with some hd600's which i haven't had since i owned a microstack around 5 years ago. any feedback on that too would be appreciated.

Dec 27, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #362 of 2,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by rv5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Plan on buying a D1 along with some HD 600's which I haven't had since I owned a microstack around 5 years ago. Any feedback on that too would be appreciated.

The Senneiser HD 600 is the ideal choice for the D1, look at the specifications - 300 ohm, 12 Hz - 39 kHz, uncompromisingly natural sound, crystal-clear with a very high grade of transparency. After all, it is well made for the powerful gain of the circuitry and its output of 1000 mW.
regular_smile .gif

Dec 27, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #363 of 2,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by thearrow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great... My D1 was ordered on 12/13 and it shipped on 12/24.

The tracking status currently says the shipment is "On Hold" in Shanghai.

What does that mean?
frown.gif

This means the package is being held with Shanghai customs. They'll release it in a few days.

My package is with customs too. :[

Dec 28, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #364 of 2,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigCW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This means the package is being held with Shanghai customs. They'll release it in a few days.

My package is with customs too. :[

The shipment is on hold due to Christmas, not by customs. Good news is your order has just been processed and it should arrive in the US soil in next 1-2 days
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 28, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #365 of 2,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by JustVisit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The shipment is on hold due to Christmas, not by customs. Good news is your order has just been processed and it should arrive in the US soil in next 1-2 days
smily_headphones1.gif

Huh. I guess not then?

That's just what DHL said when I called them.

But yes, everything has cleared now and the D1 is on a flight from Shanghai to Greensboro. Excitement abounds!

Dec 29, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #369 of 2,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverBlade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just have a question about the Maveric DAC..

Does the volume knob alter the volume going out to the *speakers*? or only to the headphone connection?

There are two scenarios -

If the "Direct" button on the front panel is not pressed, the volume knob will alter the volume both to the headphone and speakers.

If the "Direct" button is pressed, then the volume knob will only affect the sound to the headphone connection.

Dec 29, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #370 of 2,660
are there any other upgrade tubes that will make a real notable difference besides the 5670W? i know nothing about tubes, but with how cheap the D1 is i'd be willing to spend another $40-$50 on a nice one.

Dec 29, 2009 at 7:47 PM Post #371 of 2,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by rv5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are there any other upgrade tubes that will make a real notable difference besides the 5670W? i know nothing about tubes, but with how cheap the D1 is i'd be willing to spend another $40-$50 on a nice one.

I know the tube I'm probably going to buy is the Raytheon 5670 Windmill Getter. I may buy this today (I have an auction for sale, and I'm either buying the windmill getter, or the USB to SPDIF device to allow bit-perfect, depending on how much money it goes for)

Dec 29, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #373 of 2,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by thearrow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's the best place to buy a Raytheon 5670 Windmill Getter?

I found a Buy-It-Now auction on Ebay $38 shipped for a pair.

That's where I'm buying mine. It's supposed to be a great tube. I'm also picking up the GE JAN 5670W for $8 on eBay.

Dec 29, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #374 of 2,660
Well, count me in too, I just pulled the trigger and ordered via Ryan's site. Splurged for the tube upgrade too.

Took care of everyone else this Christmas, figured I earned it.

Thanks for everyone's ongoing insights, it made this purchase pretty close to a slam dunk no-brainer.

Have a very Happy New Year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back