Maverick Audio DAC/Amp
Nov 24, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #182 of 2,660
Well, after a couple of sleepless nights of trying to decide which DAC to buy (I'm choosing between the Beresford TC 7520, Musical Fidelity V-DAC and Maverick Audio D1) and a very comprehensive reasearch and review reading on the net, I finally bit the bullet and pulled the trigger (funny, biting the bullet after pulling the trigger? lol) and ordered the Mav D1, even as I have no reference as to its SQ. I was sold by its looks and the option of a tube out. We just hope and pray that this product will not disappoint.

p.s. I ordered 5 pcs. free sample of LM4562 from National Semiconducor, and will try it with the DAC when they arrive and see what happens. Jan GE 5670 tubes are on their way also.

Nov 25, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #183 of 2,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by hototay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
p.s. I ordered 5 pcs. free sample of LM4562 from National Semiconducor, and will try it with the DAC when they arrive and see what happens. Jan GE 5670 tubes are on their way also.

That's pretty funny actually. Today I went and ordered a whole TON of free sample OPAMPS for my upcoming Maverick purchase. I'm pretty pumped to say the least, I haven't even ordered it xD

Nov 25, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #184 of 2,660
TheBigCW, I'm just curious. What's holding you back from purchasing this DAC?
confused_face_2.gif

Nov 25, 2009 at 9:27 AM Post #185 of 2,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigCW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, this is not what was said. In the thread Rachel said that XS has entered a distribution deal where Maverick will no longer be rebranding the XS after November, not that they were not allowed to.

So, seeing as how this is... I couldn't see the new D1 as anything but a complete redesign of the Tube Magic/Dac-09/whatever-you-want-to-call-it. An overhaul of a rebrand is NOT necessarily a bad thing in my opinion. If you want to call it a mutation, feel free. I know I'll be definitely checking it out.
biggrin.gif

Well I was pointing out that it can't be an XS OEM anymore due to that fact.
As it is, i'd see it more towards a mutation - the hush hush of ryan only fuels speculations.

But i'm going to check it out anyway when it lands in my country where I can have an audition.

Nov 25, 2009 at 9:29 AM Post #186 of 2,660
Quote:

Well, after a couple of sleepless nights of trying to decide which DAC to buy (I'm choosing between the Beresford TC 7520, Musical Fidelity V-DAC and Maverick Audio D1) and a very comprehensive reasearch and review reading on the net, I finally bit the bullet and pulled the trigger (funny, biting the bullet after pulling the trigger? lol) and ordered the Mav D1, even as I have no reference as to its SQ. I was sold by its looks and the option of a tube out. We just hope and pray that this product will not disappoint.

For a moment I tot i read you ordered 5 pcs of D1 haha.

Do you have an estimated shipping date?
A picture of the innards will be nice if you can!

Nov 25, 2009 at 1:17 PM Post #188 of 2,660
Nov 25, 2009 at 1:22 PM Post #189 of 2,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by cha_indian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damm it ! I just ordered a HiDIY DAC kit and it looks like i may have spent more on the kit ...

The board of Maverick seems to be similar one to the kit .... Does anyone have both ??

I dont' think they are identical. The HiDIY looks neat though judging from the picture.

Nov 25, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #191 of 2,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigCW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's pretty funny actually. Today I went and ordered a whole TON of free sample OPAMPS for my upcoming Maverick purchase. I'm pretty pumped to say the least, I haven't even ordered it xD

Where did you ordered those free opamp, please share!

tongue_smile.gif

Nov 25, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #192 of 2,660
Quote:

TheBigCW, I'm just curious. What's holding you back from purchasing this DAC?
confused_face_2.gif

I'm a student, so... to put it lightly... insufficient funds.
frown.gif

I'm selling some things on eBay and Christmas and my Birthday are coming up soon, so I hope by Christmas I'll have enough $$$.

Nov 26, 2009 at 10:04 AM Post #193 of 2,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by weibby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats the old A2, the new D1 is not out yet and nobody has seen the innards.

We have sent out a few units for the first batch pre-order customers. I guess you will see the “anatomy” picture pretty soon.
smile.gif

Nov 26, 2009 at 12:54 PM Post #194 of 2,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by JustVisit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We have sent out a few units for the first batch pre-order customers. I guess you will see the “anatomy” picture pretty soon.
smile.gif

When exactly was the first batch shipped and when will be the estimated arrival of the DACs. I read from feedbacks from eBay that you ship pretty fast.

Nov 26, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #195 of 2,660
Quote:

When exactly was the first batch shipped and when will be the estimated arrival of the DACs. I read from feedbacks from eBay that you ship pretty fast.

First batch was shipped on 25th of Nov. We've informed all the customers who got their order shipped. For those who haven't got "order shipped" note, their order will be shipped out around 1st of Dec.

Our courier (DHL) is pretty fast to US ( 2-4 working days) and Canada (3-5 working days). As to Europe, it will take 3-7 working days depending different countries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back