Matrix Mini-i Balanced DAC+HP amp
Aug 28, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #391 of 1,055
Save some electricity and use the power button on the speakers?

Aug 29, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #393 of 1,055
I see. I don't think that the ability to turn the RCAs off while the headamp still works is a very common feature on DACs, but let us know what you find.

Sep 5, 2010 at 12:47 PM Post #395 of 1,055
Same question here, as in the Yulong D100 thread:

I'm a little confused with these balanced outputs.... are these "real", "fully" balanced, as found in Audio-Gd geardescription, or ist it only a balanced connection? It's important to me, an also for everyone, who is planning in building a complete "real balanced headphone rig". I plan to use this as a DAC-only (if fully balanced) and connect it with a V181 and a recabled D7000. What do you think, am I on the right way, when ordering this nice piece of gear? Or should I immediatly go with a "truly balanced" Dac like the Reference 5 from Audio Gd? In fact, is there a difference? Thanks
L3000.gif

Sep 9, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #398 of 1,055

Quote:
27 pages and no comparison with the LD DAC_I or the DacMagic
frown.gif

Any of those three will give you plenty of musical enjoyment.  ATM listening to--  Laptop--> Musiland Monitor 01 USD--> Matrix Mini-i (optical)--> Darkvoice 336SE (pre-amp)--> Audioengine A5s......Good Times....

beerchug.gif

Sep 19, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #403 of 1,055

Quote:
also insterested in this amp, how does it sound?

I don't have a balanced source yet but just ordered a Matrix Mini so will know better how they pair when it arrives. It seems others are very happy with this combination. Even single ended it is an excellent amp, sounding even across the spectrum with plenty of power and no noise. I have used it this way for awhile very happily. I don't think for the money you can do better, especially since it is a balanced amp if you want to go this route now or later.

Make sure you get it from David at Little Dot as he has the best service and warranty policies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back