Matrix Mini-i Balanced DAC+HP amp
May 9, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #1,051 of 1,055
Does it run well despite the mess? Mine works ok but the screen is a little messy as well. Some pixels are bright while others are dim.

Now I'm a little worried if my unit will go faulty too.
I have a pair of active speakers hooked to the Mini-I's XLR connectors. The sound comes to the Mini-I from TV through Toslink. I just tested it after the repairs, and the sound works as expected. Volume control, remote, source switching, everything works, it's just the display that doesn't show any meaningful text. It's very annoying, but I think I can live with it for now. I just have to guess what's going on.

Like I told in my previous post, my first symptoms were the display going from normal to messy all of a sudden. By messy I mean the text was unreadable. Brightness was ok, but the characters changed. Then it stopped working altogether, and the reason was apparently the failed +5V regulator. I hope your unit will last longer.

May 9, 2017 at 4:00 AM Post #1,052 of 1,055
Could you do something with the connection between the display to the board? It is weird how the display can be jumbled up. Or maybe a micro-controller for the screen is faulty?
I've actually had come across several cases where the display gets messed up.

Aug 21, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #1,054 of 1,055
COAX - Audio-Technica AT-HDSL1 (COAX to TOSLINK) ---> Kenwood KAF-A55 ---> Fostex FE103E (Speaker)

How did you like AT-HDSL1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back