Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro
Oct 18, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #392 of 520
I don't usually hear a big improvement when I upgrade DACs, but this time the improvement was immediate.

Oct 28, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #393 of 520
Hi everyone!
My X-Sabre Pro is coming tomorrow ( or the day after ) so i’m preparing my system for this new Dac!
I’m going to use the Dac chained with my Sony WM1A only for simplicity ( at the Moment i’m not considering to Connect it with the PC ). I have the ifi Ipurifier3 USB and the setup should be:

WM1A—> Sony cable NWH10 ( it’s the USB out ) —>Audioquest Cinnamom USB B-A —> iPurifier3 —> Matrix DAC

In your opinion would be better to use an IFI IGalvanic or this setup should be ok?
Also, an other question, would I have a better result using the Matrix X-Spdif 2 with the Sony?
Thank you! :)

Oct 28, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #394 of 520
Hi everyone!
My X-Sabre Pro is coming tomorrow ( or the day after ) so i’m preparing my system for this new Dac!
I’m going to use the Dac chained with my Sony WM1A only for simplicity ( at the Moment i’m not considering to Connect it with the PC ). I have the ifi Ipurifier3 USB and the setup should be:

WM1A—> Sony cable NWH10 ( it’s the USB out ) —>Audioquest Cinnamom USB B-A —> iPurifier3 —> Matrix DAC

In your opinion would be better to use an IFI IGalvanic or this setup should be ok?
Also, an other question, would I have a better result using the Matrix X-Spdif 2 with the Sony?
Thank you! :)
So, did you get the MQA version? If so, then you have the state of the art USB solution. You do not need anything else.

Oct 29, 2019 at 1:43 AM Post #395 of 520
So, did you get the MQA version? If so, then you have the state of the art USB solution. You do not need anything else.
No, I’ve ordered the non-MQA version

Oct 29, 2019 at 6:51 AM Post #396 of 520
The Non MQA is supposed to be good, just not state of the art. I would try it without any add ons first.

Oct 29, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #397 of 520
Nov 18, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #399 of 520
Having the option to have the display turn off entirely would be nice. I will mention this idea to Matrix engineers and see if this is possible.

Hey @ArthurPower, I am still a happy user of the X-Sabre Pro. It sounds great and works fantastic. Still, I got to ask; any updates to report on adding the option to turn off the display entirely? Thank you in advance!

Nov 19, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #401 of 520
Hey @ArthurPower, I am still a happy user of the X-Sabre Pro. It sounds great and works fantastic. Still, I got to ask; any updates to report on adding the option to turn off the display entirely? Thank you in advance!

I just sent a message to Matrix about this. I'll update soon!

Nov 29, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #403 of 520
I wonder if the Matrix sabre pro (both versions) use the H2-H3 compensation found in the sabre, THD usually goes up when the feature is used but the sound usually opens up, i wonder if matrix audio can implement it if they aren't already using it.

Nov 29, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #404 of 520
I wonder if the Matrix sabre pro (both versions) use the H2-H3 compensation found in the sabre, THD usually goes up when the feature is used but the sound usually opens up, i wonder if matrix audio can implement it if they aren't already using it.
THD shouldn't go up. That's the point of the function, lower harmonic distortion profile.

Nov 29, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #405 of 520
I was also aware that when an external power is connected to Xspdif2, that it shuts off the 5V USB bus. I could be wrong, though.

THD shouldn't go up. That's the point of the function, lower harmonic distortion profile.
Idk some guys mentioned that second/3rd harmonic control is detrimental to overall THD but H2/H3 is lower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back