Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro
Aug 25, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #377 of 520
Thank you for your answer. That wasn't so hard, was it?

Aug 25, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #379 of 520
Wow man you're the one asking the question while you could have looked at the specs of the damn device and learnt that for yourself. arrogant much? Or that was too hard for you was it?
Why don't you go to their website and look at specs like I did before accusing me of being arrogant. Lots of DSD info but no DXD info. Webpage must have been done prior to DXD. Its so new, I have only seen it available from one download vendor, Sound Liaison.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #380 of 520
Why don't you go to their website and look at specs like I did before accusing me of being arrogant. Lots of DSD info but no DXD info. Webpage must have been done prior to DXD. Its so new, I have only seen it available from one download vendor,
Matrix supports up to 768Khz. DXD is just a fancy name for 352.8Khz PCM is all. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_eXtreme_Definition

Maybe they can't use the DXD logo without licensing it.

Aug 25, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #381 of 520
Why don't you go to their website and look at specs like I did before accusing me of being arrogant. Lots of DSD info but no DXD info. Webpage must have been done prior to DXD. Its so new, I have only seen it available from one download vendor, Sound Liaison.
You did come up as a little arrogant, but I'm sure you didn't mean it.

Moving on.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #383 of 520
ASR has measurements of this dac now here's the link for anyone curious https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...bre-pro-mqa-best-audio-dac-in-the-world.8729/

For this, I am thinking of getting Element X for my below setting.
Currently, my studio monitors are paired with Sennheiser HDV 820 but lately I feel the A77X could even further surprise me if I hook them up with a more proper DAC.

My question is will it worth the price tag even if I don't use any streaming for the music source?
Are there any DAC only I should check out instead of paying for streaming part of Element X for its DAC function only?

IMG_6357-2.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #384 of 520
For this, I am thinking of getting Element X for my below setting.
Currently, my studio monitors are paired with Sennheiser HDV 820 but lately I feel the A77X could even further surprise me if I hook them up with a more proper DAC.

My question is will it worth the price tag even if I don't use any streaming for the music source?
Are there any DAC only I should check out instead of paying for streaming part of Element X for its DAC function only?

Unsure but I think you would get better SQ if you get the sabre pro, and use the rest of the money on room treatment, maybe even check out software upsampling like HQplayer, it would require a powerful pc together with a NAA though, but in my opinion upsampling PCM to DSD on this DAC using HQplayer does make the sound somewhat better, especially when using HD800 things have more depth/width than plain PCM.

Sep 23, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #385 of 520
Unsure but I think you would get better SQ if you get the sabre pro, and use the rest of the money on room treatment, maybe even check out software upsampling like HQplayer, it would require a powerful pc together with a NAA though, but in my opinion upsampling PCM to DSD on this DAC using HQplayer does make the sound somewhat better, especially when using HD800 things have more depth/width than plain PCM.
I have X-Sabre Pro DAC using HQ Player, and can confirm it is a winning combination!

Sep 23, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #386 of 520
I am a Korean living in Indonesia at a house company provided and I don't want to spend any money on the room acoustic.
Almost made up my mind to go for Matrix X-Sabre Pro (not MQA).
Never heard about HQ Player. Let me check it out.
Thank you for the inputs made!

Oct 9, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #387 of 520
My Matrix X-Sabre Pro MQA arrives next Tuesday. Shipping delayed by a Chinese holiday. Anybody else here also buy their USB cord?

Oct 10, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #389 of 520
Oct 18, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #390 of 520
My revamped computer HiRez system.
8298B004-97F5-4710-897F-5D44D8A76D81_1_201_a.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back