Master Clock Talk
Feb 3, 2023 at 6:57 AM Post #901 of 3,372
Here is an update on the Harmonic Tecbnology 50-ohm cable.
I got the HT from AudïoAccesories in HK. I had ordered 0.5m but they send 1.0m instead. I did not mind. Best 50-ohm i have tried so far and under 200usd.

Hi Fred, I'm having real trouble sourcing this cable in the UK, and I would like two 0.5m lengths.
Can you give me the link for AudioAccessories in the HK, please, as I will try to speak to them directly. I really would prefer shorter lengths than 1m, if possible.

It seems that plenty more suppliers stock the silver version, but the Digital Copper III is hard to find even from US vendors.

Feb 3, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #902 of 3,372
Hi Fred, I'm having real trouble sourcing this cable in the UK, and I would like two 0.5m lengths.
Can you give me the link for AudioAccessories in the HK, please, as I will try to speak to them directly. I really would prefer shorter lengths than 1m, if possible.

It seems that plenty more suppliers stock the silver version, but the Digital Copper III is hard to find even from US vendors.
Hi Martin.

Google translate the site:

https://www.audioaccessoryhk.com/pr...y-dc-iii50-ohm-single-crystal-copper-成品線-bnc/

Feb 3, 2023 at 8:28 PM Post #904 of 3,372
Are you asking for a friend? 😆
LOL! :raised_hands::joy:

I have some issue with the wall outlet, I found out after measuring a lot of ghost/dirty electricity/voltage.

It affect AGD either way regardless of REG PSU or not.

Im saving up for a power conditioner for sure in the next couple of months.

EDIT:
I also noticed huge improvement going from an expensive cable to a cheap decent one for DI20HE. Im shocked!

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2023 at 6:52 PM Post #905 of 3,372
LOL! :raised_hands::joy:

I have some issue with the wall outlet, I found out after measuring a lot of ghost/dirty electricity/voltage.

It affect AGD either way regardless of REG PSU or not.

Im saving up for a power conditioner for sure in the next couple of months.

EDIT:
I also noticed huge improvement going from an expensive cable to a cheap decent one for DI20HE. Im shocked!
Just a reminder for people who prefer to stay alive and not destroy their equipment, do not probe wall outlets with oscilloscopes or digital meters which are also powered from the wall.

Feb 4, 2023 at 7:47 PM Post #906 of 3,372
Just a reminder for people who prefer to stay alive and not destroy their equipment, do not probe wall outlets with oscilloscopes or digital meters which are also powered from the wall.
Now you tell me...

Copper forks are safe though right?

After about a week with the oyaide bnc cable, it seems like its starting to settle in a bit. The sound with the master clock connected to both the ddc and dac improved things quite a bit. Been switching from the internal clock to external clock to listen to the difference and noticed that is has such a heavy effect on the technical ability of my gear.

Its never going to be the same but it makes my headphones sound so realistic like I'm listening to speakers.

Feb 4, 2023 at 7:49 PM Post #907 of 3,372
Now you tell me...

After about a week with the oyaide bnc cable, it seems like its starting to settle in a bit. The sound with the master clock connected to both the ddc and dac improved things quite a bit. Been switching from the internal clock to external clock to listen to the difference and noticed that is has such a heavy effect on the technical ability of my gear.

Its never going to be the same but it makes my headphones sound so realistic like I'm listening to speakers.
The db-510 is direcrional, in case you haven't noticed, hard to see the markings....

Feb 4, 2023 at 7:56 PM Post #908 of 3,372
The db-510 is direcrional, in case you haven't noticed, hard to see the markings....
Yeah the print is very small but I noticed as I was admiring the beautiful craftsmanship of the cable.

Feb 4, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #909 of 3,372
Im using a Brymen 829s :wink: It has a special Ghost voltage setting that is safe for it. One of the main reasons I bought it.

Feb 5, 2023 at 6:39 AM Post #910 of 3,372
Now you tell me...

Yes, with the tacit understanding that you are wearing an aluminum beanie at the time. :D

Im using a Brymen 829s :wink: It has a special Ghost voltage setting that is safe for it. One of the main reasons I bought it.

Ok, that's not wall-powered :wink:

Feb 5, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #911 of 3,372
§

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #912 of 3,372
I just got the Gustard clock cable.

I was wondering if it is directional? Also- is there a long break in time. After 3-4 hours of playing today- it sounds absolutely terrible; very muffled relative to my LMR400- so I'm hoping between direction and burn-in I'll get it rite in the next week or so.

Feb 5, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #913 of 3,372
Clock cables can be directional and, in my case, have taken a couple of weeks to fully burn in.

Feb 5, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #914 of 3,372
I just got the Gustard clock cable.

I was wondering if it is directional? Also- is there a long break in time. After 3-4 hours of playing today- it sounds absolutely terrible; very muffled relative to my LMR400- so I'm hoping between direction and burn-in I'll get it rite in the next week or so.
I used mine in the writings direction. I don’t remember how long the burn-in took, but 4 days is likely the minimum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back