Master Clock Talk
Feb 5, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #931 of 3,375
@Jake2 thanks for the tip about the sinewave outputs. I am guessing you mean output 2?

Here is my OCK-1 now sporting the Furutech Fi-03. It has only been 12 hours but I immediately noticed an uptick in refinement. I used Mundorf SG solder as well. The stock solder smelled just like the radioshack stuff Inused decades ago when building battery packs for my competitive RC Cars 😂.
Dammit thats so tempting...

NO, Just need to enjoy what I have...no more upgrades.

That mundorf sg solder works magic btw.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2023 at 1:01 AM Post #933 of 3,375
Feb 6, 2023 at 3:10 AM Post #935 of 3,375
I didn't look for it but web searches work for everybody.

Feb 6, 2023 at 3:22 AM Post #936 of 3,375
Feb 6, 2023 at 3:27 AM Post #938 of 3,375
@MartinWT Audio Accessory HK confirmed they can do 0.5m Harmonic Tech for the same price as the 1m and it sounds like they may have now responded to you directly.

Feb 6, 2023 at 4:30 AM Post #939 of 3,375
@MartinWT Audio Accessory HK confirmed they can do 0.5m Harmonic Tech for the same price as the 1m and it sounds like they may have now responded to you directly.
Cheers, Jake. I shall make contact with them again and place an order for two.

Feb 6, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #940 of 3,375
20230206_234935.jpg

Well that was an interesting hour or so.

I followed AfterDark's lead in applying Dynamat Xtreme to a couple of OCXO containing devices - my SW-8 switch (pictured) and my OCK-1. Xtreme is butyl rubber - supposedly a patented formulation - with a heavy foil face. It is extremely tacky but is non-destructively removable from hifi gear metal cases... so far. Even after AB'ing which means, yes, sticking it down then peeling off for the comparative. Multiple times. The things we do.

NOTE: for this initial experimentation I just stuck it on the top cover for ease of access. For permanent use I'd move it to either/both under the top cover or under the base, neither would be visible.

I started with the OCK-1. I used a mixed female vocals and piano acoustic track. The damping brought clearly audible benefits - piano notes had more body, texture, richer harmonics and longer decay. They were simply put, sweeter and more realistic. Vocals had greater emotion as you could hear more of the very subtle breath sounds only just picked up by the mic as the vocalist placed more emphasis on certain words or syllables.

Inspired by this success I tried with my R26. Perhaps a slight improvement but not dramatic and it was getting a bit late so I couldn't be fussed AB'ing to check. I was about to call it a day for the evening then it occurred to me I ought to do a quick try with my other device with an OCXO. Well sure enough the SW-8 responded much like the OCK-1, with additive benefits of similar character, but most noticeable was a greater sense of acoustic space with richer, more layered and longer decay.

So some pretty satisfying improvements for very little cost. To be continued...

Feb 6, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #941 of 3,375
Dynamat Xtreme
Being a car enthusiast, I am familiar with this material and have a couple of sheets lying around.

Feb 6, 2023 at 7:09 AM Post #942 of 3,375
20230206_234935.jpg
Well that was an interesting hour or so.

I followed AfterDark's lead in applying Dynamat Xtreme to a couple of OCXO containing devices - my SW-8 switch (pictured) and my OCK-1. Xtreme is butyl rubber - supposedly a patented formulation - with a heavy foil face. It is extremely tacky but is non-destructively removable from hifi gear metal cases... so far. Even after AB'ing which means, yes, sticking it down then peeling off for the comparative. Multiple times. The things we do.

NOTE: for this initial experimentation I just stuck it on the top cover for ease of access. For permanent use I'd move it to either/both under the top cover or under the base, neither would be visible.

I started with the OCK-1. I used a mixed female vocals and piano acoustic track. The damping brought clearly audible benefits - piano notes had more body, texture, richer harmonics and longer decay. They were simply put, sweeter and more realistic. Vocals had greater emotion as you could hear more of the very subtle breath sounds only just picked up by the mic as the vocalist placed more emphasis on certain words or syllables.

Inspired by this success I tried with my R26. Perhaps a slight improvement but not dramatic and it was getting a bit late so I couldn't be fussed AB'ing to check. I was about to call it a day for the evening then it occurred to me I ought to do a quick try with my other device with an OCXO. Well sure enough the SW-8 responded much like the OCK-1, with additive benefits of similar character, but most noticeable was a greater sense of acoustic space with richer, more layered and longer decay.

So some pretty satisfying improvements for very little cost. To be continued...
How, Why, Where does the properties of the "sheet" lays. I have started to see this technique more often. I don´t see how it works. Is it RF an EM?

Feb 6, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #943 of 3,375
Out of curiosity I decided to try an extra LMR-400 50 ohm cable I had on a 75 ohm input to my dac.

Results: It blows away any 75 ohm cable I ever used costing 10 times the price or more. Including my SOTM ($750) and DH Labs D-750.

I will be finding a 75ohm version.

Feb 6, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #944 of 3,375
How, Why, Where does the properties of the "sheet" lays. I have started to see this technique more often. I don´t see how it works. Is it RF an EM?
It's vibration damping.

Feb 6, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #945 of 3,375
Out of curiosity I decided to try an extra LMR-400 50 ohm cable I had on a 75 ohm input to my dac.

Results: It blows away any 75 ohm cable I ever used costing 10 times the price or more. Including my SOTM ($750) and DH Labs D-750.

I will be finding a 75ohm version.
The silver Harmonic Tech silver would likely beat it, even the copper. Strange that fhe mismatch does not cause issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back