Master Clock Talk
Feb 5, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #916 of 3,375
I used mine in the writings direction.
Yes, I do that. If there are no direction arrows, I use my cables with the writing indicating left to right as you read it.

That way, if I ever re-use a cable, I'll know which way round I used it last time.

Feb 5, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #917 of 3,375
Has anyone tried the Digital Copper 3 clock cable?
I'd love to, but so far no online vendor has returned my contact messages and I cannot obtain it from a UK vendor.

Feb 5, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #918 of 3,375
I'd love to, but so far no online vendor has returned my contact messages and I cannot obtain it from a UK vendor.

I’ve just ordered a 1m Harmonic Technology DC III per @FredA ’s glowing endorsement, admittedly without prior correspondence. Their after-sales correspondence on shipping to NZ via FedEx of HKD346 for a total cost of ~USD150 (same as Fred) was friendly and clear with excellent English. So I took the liberty of enquiring as to availability and cost of a 0.5m cable.

Feb 5, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #920 of 3,375
The db-510 is direcrional, in case you haven't noticed, hard to see the markings....
What will you lose in sound if you do not use the cable in the right direction or does it really matter?

Feb 5, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #921 of 3,375
Feb 5, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #922 of 3,375
What will you lose in sound if you do not use the cable in the right direction or does it really matter?
I'll test it when I have a chance, it probably won't make a huge difference but I'm sure its for a good reason.

Just conjecture but maybe they connected the shielding to ground on the tail end?

Feb 5, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #923 of 3,375
A bit of everything. At first i had the cable as spdif link in the wrong dir. Before fixing this, i though the cable was just good. After, it seemed rarher very good. So it makes a noticeable difference. This is a very good cable i find. I think a better cable be bought for more money but the value is good. Especially regarding the build quality.

Feb 5, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #924 of 3,375
Let me just say that everything music related for me is how I feel in the moment.....yes like time place and relation... Like everybody else knows it.

_____

So any body who has:

DI20/HE clock input 10Mhz
AGD DAC, other DAC with clock input 10Mhz
Any headamp

0. master clock is connnected(DI20/HE and AGD DAC. any dac with 10Mhz input )

Try this while your Master clock is closed/off

1. Start up you DI20/HE if it is not started up.
2. AGD DAC or any other DAC that takes 10Mhz clock input, if it is not started up
3. Master clock should be closed still.

Stop the music.

4. Start up you lhy-ock-2

5. listen to music again.

Please let my know what you think! . . . for me it has been an experience where the music has been tightened, tempo.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #925 of 3,375
Feb 5, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #926 of 3,375
Let me just say that everything music related for me is how I feel in the moment.....yes like time place and relation... Like everybody else knows it.

_____

So any body who has:

DI20/HE clock input 10Mhz
AGD DAC, other DAC with clock input 10Mhz
Any headamp

0. master clock is connnected(DI20/HE and AGD DAC. any dac with 10Mhz input )

Try this while your Master clock is closed/off

1. Start up you DI20/HE if it is not started up.
2. AGD DAC or any other DAC that takes 10Mhz clock input, if it is not started up
3. Master clock should be closed still.

Stop the music.

4. Start up you lhy-ock-2

5. listen to music again.

Please let my know what you think! . . . for me it has been an experience where the music has been tightened, tempo.
I don't get it, the ock2 should not be very good upon startup...?

Feb 5, 2023 at 7:08 PM Post #927 of 3,375
I just got the Gustard clock cable.

I was wondering if it is directional? Also- is there a long break in time. After 3-4 hours of playing today- it sounds absolutely terrible; very muffled relative to my LMR400- so I'm hoping between direction and burn-in I'll get it rite in the next week or so.

The C2 was clearly better out of the box than my two cables I had prior. So it should be OK from first listen, though I’d expect some further improvements have accrued through use.

I tell you what has improved dramatically in the last few weeks since I first tried it - the LMR400. It’s now lost the edginess it still had even after a few days burn-in and the soundstage has opened up a lot since then. it is now unrecognisable from the brittle and flat sound out of the box. I did a really thorough AB vs the C2 just now.

I’d now give the LMR400 the nod over the C2 in terms of outright resolution, dynamics and PRAT, whilst its refinement in terms of the naturalness of the leading and tailing edges of notes is very close to parity if much crisper in presentation (yes the latter may just be an acclimatisation thing). In particular the bass weight, speed and definition is exceptional. The C2 has a sweeter and warmer, pleasing - if less tight - sound that I expect was more forgiving. Forgiving of both average recordings and of some residual edginess in my system I’ve been progressively banishing with great success in recent weeks through use of grounding boxes and ethernet chain improvements. Eg. If I remove only the box attached to my Mac Mini (one of 5 in my system), then my system with the LMR400 in play takes a step back towards stridency through my Sopras.

*Also, rather complicating matters I inadvertently discovered the OCK-1’s two sine wave outs do not sound equally good. Sine #1 is superior, so I’ve AB’ing used only that output this time round, which may have been a factor too.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #928 of 3,375
I don't get it, the ock2 should not be very good upon startup...?

Short said Im getting better/tight sound and tempo when master clock is turned on after DDC and DAC.

But it is crucial to switch on the DDC first to -> "E." before the DAC

____

In general what I noticed about the LHY OCK-2(after 300 hours) it raises all the levels like a touch of a compressor(if you have used a compressor/limiter, you know). But this MOSTLY happens in the high notes(which also tightens the mids), so if any FLAC conversions you have made have any smallest distortions, it will be more pronounced,

LHY OCK-2 does not forgive, and that is ok, because Susvara does not either...

_____

If you have any jitter or noise whatever....it will just show it more so YOU KNOW, it will not eliminate it. But I don´t think it induce EXTRA jitter like someone says here on headfi..

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #929 of 3,375
@Jake2 thanks for the tip about the sinewave outputs. I am guessing you mean output 2?

Here is my OCK-1 now sporting the Furutech Fi-03. It has only been 12 hours but I immediately noticed an uptick in refinement. I used Mundorf SG solder as well. The stock solder smelled just like the radioshack stuff Inused decades ago when building battery packs for my competitive RC Cars 😂.
97536303-765F-4998-B4ED-4874937BC905.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2023 at 7:35 PM Post #930 of 3,375
@Jake2 thanks for the tip about the sinewave outputs. I am guessing you mean output 2?

Here is my OCK-1 now sporting the Furutech Fi-03. It has only been 12 hours but I immediately noticed an uptick in refinement. I used Mundorf SG solder as well. The stock soldered smelled just like the radioshack stuff Inused decades ago when building battery packs for my competitive RC Cars 😂.

Oops, yes, indeed I do mean OUT2 (sine). I should have said ‘my’ OCK-1 as at its modest price point there may well be model-to-model variation, so this may well be unique to my unit.

Nice work on the Furutech! And thanks for the solder tip… I just bought myself an iron which I’ve been amateurishly using to fix a couple of wrongly wired ground boxes. Not yet pretty but audibly better even with Jaycar (NZ/Aus RadioShack) solder…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back