Master Clock Talk
May 2, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #1,786 of 3,374
Just received LMR400 cable, the diameter is 1cm, also quite hard, do you guys got the same kind of LMR400? I uploaded a photo as reference.

The phone number is Connecticut USA. You could send the pic to the company and ask if it is legitimate. The dot matrix print is surprising to me but I haven't seen this cable.

May 2, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #1,787 of 3,374
Phone number is TMS world headquarters according to the pdf file. Nothing wrong with marking, very new batch from November, now including 'reserved' character next to the LMR.

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #1,789 of 3,374
I found the fake LMR400 from AliExpress superior to a relatively expensive huber+suhner multiflex 141, semi rigid cable in a direct comparison which surprised me.

Looking forward to hearing the Canare l-5dfb Vs the LMR400.

Key Features and Benefits / L-5DFB
Low-loss foamed PE insulation
Tinned copper braided shield with aluminum foil.

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #1,790 of 3,374
I found the fake LMR400 from AliExpress superior to a relatively expensive huber+suhner blue, semi rigid cable in a direct comparison which surprised me.

Looking forward to hearing the Canare l-5dfb Vs the LMR400.

Key Features and Benefits / L-5DFB
Low-loss foamed PE insulation
Tinned copper braided shield with aluminum foil.
I have Canare L-5DFB 50ohm cable, it is also a thick and hard cable, it has same sound quality to Sommer SC-Classic series, their price is also similar, not high price cable.

LMR400 is a super thick and hard cable to me, I need to find a suitable BNC connector for it before I can test it.

May 2, 2023 at 11:38 PM Post #1,791 of 3,374
Thanks 👍

There are actually x5 levels of vibration control as the actual OCXO is mounted on special rubber grommets to insolate it from the case.

When I get around to upgrading the regulator I'll also add Dynamat Xtreme to the inside and upgrade the internal pigtail sma cable.

Then I need to focus on the switch. I'm thinking of selling my LHY SW-8 for SW-10 and getting a clock distributor to share the output of my clock with the DAC and switch.
Is your Sublime Acoustics Active crossover just for sub duty for the Maggie’s? Great little units. I’m currently building a 3way tri-amped speaker using one.

May 3, 2023 at 2:11 AM Post #1,792 of 3,374
Is your Sublime Acoustics Active crossover just for sub duty for the Maggie’s? Great little units. I’m currently building a 3way tri-amped speaker using one.
Hi

No, the speakers are 20.1 and I'm running them fully active. Atma-sphere MA-1 OTL for the mid bass panels and ribbon tweeter, and Emotiva monos for the bass panels. The sublime crosser is set for 105Hz. No sub needed since I get around 28Hz from my maggies.

May 3, 2023 at 7:42 AM Post #1,793 of 3,374
Just received LMR400 cable, the diameter is 1cm, also quite hard, do you guys got the same kind of LMR400? I uploaded a photo as reference.
Yes that is a true TMS LMR400 cable. Yours has it printed on it. If an LMR400 does not have Times Microwave Systems printed on it, it is an LMR400 equivalent or generic.
I have an Anatel CMT400 which is an equivalent and very stiff. Advertised as a ultra low loss cable. I am very happy with for the $20 I paid for it.

Last edited:
May 3, 2023 at 8:41 AM Post #1,794 of 3,374
Yes that is a true TMS LMR400 cable. Yours has it printed on it. If an LMR400 does not have Times Microwave Systems printed on it, it is an LMR400 equivalent or generic.
I have an Anatel CMT400 which is an equivalent and very stiff. Advertised as a ultra low loss cable. I am very happy with for the $20 I paid for it.
Thanks pal for your confirmation!! It is really stiff cable.

May 4, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #1,795 of 3,374
I've been experimenting with Neotech NEVD-2001 pure silver clock cable versus my current Harmonic Technology DC III cable, just for fun. I received the 0.5m cable and BNC plugs today, made it up and have the Neotech up and running. I'm going to give it a fair two weeks' running before making a full comparison, but I'm glad to hear that burn-in is not going to be painful as it sounds mighty fine from new. It's a little different from the copper HT, though.

More soon.

May 4, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #1,796 of 3,374
I've been experimenting with Neotech NEVD-2001 pure silver clock cable versus my current Harmonic Technology DC III cable, just for fun. I received the 0.5m cable and BNC plugs today, made it up and have the Neotech up and running. I'm going to give it a fair two weeks' running before making a full comparison, but I'm glad to hear that burn-in is not going to be painful as it sounds mighty fine from new. It's a little different from the copper HT, though.

More soon.
Are you using it in a 75 or 50 ohm setup?

May 4, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #1,797 of 3,374
Are you using it in a 75 or 50 ohm setup?

My setup is a mix (clock is 75Ω while DDC is 50Ω) but it doesn't matter as my clock is sinewave. I use a 50Ω HT DCIII and the Neotech is 75Ω.

May 4, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #1,798 of 3,374
My setup is a mix (clock is 75Ω while DDC is 50Ω) but it doesn't matter as my clock is sinewave. I use a 50Ω HT DCIII and the Neotech is 75Ω.
Why is it ok to use a 75 ohm cable with a 50 ohm clock if the output is sind wave?

My clock outputs sine wave, although I'm unsure if my audio GD R7HE is sine wave input or not?

Last edited:
May 4, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #1,799 of 3,374
It's only a squarewave that requires the impedances to be correct for waveform preservation. A sinewave is always a sinewave, regardless of impedance.

May 4, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #1,800 of 3,374
It's only a squarewave that requires the impedances to be correct for waveform preservation. A sinewave is always a sinewave, regardless of impedance.
crap I didn't know that!

thanks 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back