Master Clock Talk
May 6, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #1,816 of 3,397
Power cables are total foo IMO, sorry.
This is the edge.....when you finally admit that you can approve the differences in cables. There will be no turning back. So it is good you are cautious. Don´t go there....

1683375998175.png

EDIT: Jokes aside. Flux-50 is everything to my TT2 setup. Never heard such defined bass(iFi Elite + Flux50 + supra spc cable) - on TT2 before

Last edited:
May 6, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #1,817 of 3,397
Power cables are total foo IMO, sorry.
Sorry to disagree, but no they're not. Using a good power cable throughout your system makes a great deal of difference.

I use Coherent 6D, BD and BDM in my system. I also have two runs of Supra LoRad 1.5 II.

Last edited:
May 6, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #1,818 of 3,397
Sorry to disagree, but no they're not. Using a good power cable throughout your system makes a great deal of difference.

I use Coherent 6D, BD and BDM in my system. I also have two runs of Supra LoRad 1.5 II.
Totally agree. Like Master clocks, trying to communicate the benefits convincingly to someone who hasn't tried a good power cable for themselves is impossible.

A good entry level cables makes a noticeable difference, but I'm hearing the top of the line brings out all sorts of dynamics and holography—if the components are up to it.

Last edited:
May 7, 2023 at 2:30 AM Post #1,819 of 3,397
Belden 19364 is more than adequate. I have a pretty decent system and feel zero need to use anything more that this Belden cable which I use throughout.

May 7, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #1,820 of 3,397
Just bought an unterminated length of this interesting looking cable.

Triple shielded and OCC copper.

It's a 75 ohm cable but will fit 50 ohm plugs sine my DAC and clock are 50 ohm sine wave, or should I use 75 ohm plugs regardless, or does it make no difference?

Screenshot_20230507-094835.png

Last edited:
May 7, 2023 at 8:47 AM Post #1,821 of 3,397
Use 75Ω connectors for a 75Ω cable.

Impedance doesn't matter with a sinewave clock. Shielding does.

May 8, 2023 at 2:36 AM Post #1,822 of 3,397
After over 150 hours of leaving the Ock 2 on, is this product snake oil / placebo?
No, it definitely changes the sound signature.

The square output noticeably increases the vocal clarity of the singer. It's akin to increasing the 'sharpness' setting on a TV.
On some songs, the increased clarity was overly analytical, just as too much 'sharpness' on a TV isn't necessarily enjoyable.

The sine wave's effects are more subtle and I found that to be the preferable setting, as it added just a bit of sharpness and didnt over do it.

Next step is to order a better cable and perhaps a 1v fuse.

May 8, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #1,823 of 3,397
Cabling is everything with the OCK 2 . The Harmonic Tech cables co a nice job. You will have an aha moment!!

May 8, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #1,824 of 3,397
I have Canare L-5DFB 50ohm cable, it is also a thick and hard cable, it has same sound quality to Sommer SC-Classic series, their price is also similar, not high price cable.

LMR400 is a super thick and hard cable to me, I need to find a suitable BNC connector for it before I can test it.
Finally I finished the assembly of LMR400 cable with BNC connector, very big one! Just listened and compared it with Sommer and Canare, actually I didn't find different between these 3 cables :) from price of point, LMR400 is highest price value, but really hard to assembly.

May 8, 2023 at 10:59 PM Post #1,825 of 3,397
I bought my LHY OCK-2 a couple weeks old. It came with a 75 ohm Gotham cable. I originally tried a Farad $ 125.00 power cord that had come with a Farad Super 3 that powers the EtherRegen. It sounded meh in the EtherRegen > Bricasti M3 chain and could understand why people could definitely could not get excited about it. I then swapped out power cables to a modest Level 2 Anti cables power cord. Big jump in SQ and now could see the possibilities. I bought the Harmonic Technologies copper III from Head Fi’er Presence and holy crap. This is what a clock does. Resolution and Transparency and all the superlatives. I dropped him a line and thanked him and he mentioned he had an extra Silver HT III. Sure. Another level of realism and emotion. Vocals are stunning, full of texture. Bass more defined than ever thru the swarm sub system. Can’t say enough. Coming back from Axpona my rig just lacked the resolution of what I was hearing there . Of course I don’t have 100k-1 mill dollar system but it took such a big jump with the OCK 2 and proper cabling for under 1,000 I couldnt be happier.
I am running the OCK in a square wave configuration. Even though the cabling made a huge jump I think it just allowed to show how good the OCK can sound. Amazing little device for the money.
I would say that a superior cable is mandatory with top tier clocks. Otherwise, the clock is wasted to some extent. Too bad Harmonic Tech does not do a silver 50-ohm. It would be my next purchase. However, for the money, the copper is just great. Clearly the best i have tried so far. Well designed and built. Upocc copper is a plus, it helps keeping noise low. I am sure a silver version would bring even more details and crispness. I am big believer in silver cables.

May 8, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #1,827 of 3,397

I paid nearly 600usd for a fancy power cord clone for my dac. No regrets whatsoever.

Also, lately, i assembled a power distributor using a thick copper-plated enclosure, a Furutech f-06 ncf (r) iec, a gtx-d ncf (r) receptacle, a Monosaudio rhodium and an aucharm (non plated) receptacles. Wiring done with wire i extracted for a fancy piece of Neotech bulk ac cord. The distributor made a significant difference. My whole set of cables is of very high quality and i also use a grx-d (f) ncf on the wall. These accessories lowered the noise considerably. Made the sound more refined, detailed and relaxed. They are the finishing touch, really.

May 9, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #1,829 of 3,397
I'm looking for a premium master clock around 2-3k USD for my system. I have seen talk about the OCK and After Dark and others but looking for something that really delivers. If it does though, it does.

I listen only with USB into my R26 dac, so would I also need a DDC like the U18?

Last edited:
May 9, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #1,830 of 3,397

Users who are viewing this thread

Back