1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee Review & Measurements

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Dec 20, 2017.
First

Back
57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77
Next

Last
  1. slowpickr
    Me too... #5039.

2. BluSound

Hello! I actually just made this account to reply to you, becuase I have been using my HD 650’s for a while (same as the 6xx), and I got my 58x’s a few days ago. From my point of view, the treble is indeed ever so slightly more forward on the 58x. The bass is NOTICEABLY louder, and I have not yet decided whether I like this or not. Since there is not much written about their sound-stage, I thought I would add to the conversation. To me, it sounds like the 58x has a moderately more closed-in soundstage than the 650, and it sounds more like the music is in your head rather than around it. My impression is that listening to the 58x is a more analytical and less emotional experience than the 650.

I hope this helps!

Philimon and PockyG like this.
  3. heliosphann
    Pretty much. I've still got another round of testing to do with the 58x against the 580/600/650/660.

The 58x's have the smallest soundstage out of them all. Not a huge difference between the 600/650, but it is noticeable. Instrument separation and imaging is also not as good as the others.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    scolfax and PockyG like this.
  4. baiyy1986
    sorry for the late reply, I never really understand the term "dynamic", so I can't help you.
    But bass is tight, compared to HD600

TheRH likes this.
  5. baiyy1986
    I agree, the treble is a little forward, and the soundstage is OK, basically, it is not sound that open, maybe because of those materials inside of mesh grill, it looks like to prevent to leak.

PockyG likes this.
  6. elira
    California seems to be far far away from Massdrop. Mine won't arrive until Friday.

7. Th3Drizzl3
    my second pair shipped already. wow.

8. vcmusik
    Also waiting along with you fellow Californians for my pair. It's gonna be interesting comparing with the 6XX.

9. PockyG
    Appreciate the response! I thought that the HD6XX had a good amount of mid-bass but wasn't happy with the roll off. As long as it doesn't bleed into the mids I'd be very happy. Thanks again and I can't wait.

10. spronkey
    My experience with the soundstage was the opposite on the 58x vs 650. Separation and imaging I thought a bit better on the 650, although I'm still not 100% sure about that, but the 58x sounded a tad wider. Noticed this most on Clapton Unplugged and with Fleetwood Mac.

11. nereus
    Pretty sure they're coming from Germany, not from a Massdrop warehouse.

12. Nutsid
    Made in Ireland, shipped out of New Jersey.

13. ibage
    Compared to the HD600, its noticeably less detailed. The 600 definitely has the wider soundstage, and the 650 (from memory) is a bit wider than the 600. Id agree with the guy above about the soundstage and imaging. But its not as "bright" as the 600. This is from A/B in my personal inventory. I would say the soundstage and treble too a hit in favor of the bass.

Note Im not trashing these. I quite like their flavor

scolfax, trellus and heliosphann like this.
  14. MixMasterMan
    I have 580/595/598ivory/600/6xx/ (had 660s). Do I need 58x? - Are they different enough than the rest of the lineup to warrant purchase? - I keep thinking of getting a 579, but I want 'better'. So I keep saying "No" to them.

15. vcmusik
    I would say no, but at this point you might as well add it to the family :)

First

Back
57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77
Next

Last