1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee Review & Measurements

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Dec 20, 2017.
First

Back
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78
Next

Last
  1. PeteMtl
    Yes, sure! for its tight but still thick sub bass response and dynamics. None of what you have, 500 series or 600 series, is comparable to the HD58x in the sub bass and bass. But then again, its midrange, while still good, is probably the coldest amd dryest of all the 600 Series. You won’t get th sweetness amd emotion of the other 600 series in the midrange of the HD58x. it’s your pick.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    spacequeen7 likes this.
  2. nereus
    [​IMG]

volly and trellus like this.
  3. Assimilator702
    I have DT990 600 ohms for Metal and LIVE them. Get the HD 58X FIRST.

THEYRE THAT good. Listening to Gojira Magma and it's mind blowing off my Magni 3. Drums are presented with a dynamic realism. I'm a drummer so I REALLY pay attention to how drums and cymbals are presented.

I also like how the volume can be increased and they don't distort. They just keep taking the power in stride. I always start a new album with the volume low and it's surprising how much they come alive as the volume goes up.

scolfax and WilliamLeonhart like this.
  4. Nutsid
    Mine definitely shipped out of New Jersey.

5. trellus
    Same here, from Edison, New Jersey. But it probably varies for others, particularly for people outside of the US.

6. Strung0ut
    You’re missing the first leg of the journey - from the US to Frankfurt. It’s completely coincidence that they make their way through Germany, it’s DHL’s around the world economy shipping method. It’s happened with everything I’ve bought off of Massdrop - it leaves the US and travels through Europe before making its way to Australia. These are not being shipped from Germany,

7. Th3Drizzl3
    almost everything massdrop ships comes out of new jersey that's where the main warehouse is

8. Assimilator702
    I got #922

9. Th3Drizzl3
    i think it will be funny if i get a lower number then i did the first time lol

10. nereus
    Hmm that's weird, heres another order from massdrop that did seem to come from the US

[​IMG]

11. MixMasterMan
    So basically, it's like the low mid/bass end of the 660, but with the mid response of the 580, and treble of the 595?

12. DrKrFfXx
    I don't have much else to compare to, the high end phone you all seem to have, but after a bit of testing, I think I like the way my old Sennheiser Momentum renders the voices. More smooth, laid back and relaxed, specially female voices.

Everything else is just wow. Everything seems layered, uncongested and detailed. Althoug maybe a bit cold, maybe not harsh but just a bit below that threshold. I'm gonna test a bit more, yesterday, when they arrived, I was dead tired to enjoy them fully.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  13. Assimilator702
    I did the felt mod also except I used green felt,attached it with Blu tac. I cut a perfect circle to start. I'm not sure if it improved anything but I don't hear anything that sounds wrong.

I'll have to remove the felt and do more listening and replay the same tracks with the felts back in place. If anything did change it was not for the worse.

I'm really digging these cans. I've been listening to my music for much longer stretches. These are extremely musical and enjoyable cans.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    477621 likes this.
  14. Assimilator702
    20180702_214459.jpg 20180702_214841.jpg

477621 likes this.
  15. fallrsk
    You're effectively doing nothing with that felt. The felt mod is covering the central hole (which should be covered to stop dust crom entering the voice coil). Inifist cut ovals into their felt to partialy cover the hole.

First

Back
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78
Next

Last