Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Jan 1, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #6,091 of 6,783
where is pataburd....must be out in town waiting for the countdown.

yes we need u to open the path to a great mod/transplant...there is HOPE for the Mikros in 2015 !!

Well, one thing we can be sure of is that pataburd has not forsaken the 90's lol! Happy New Years to you, pata, elvergun, and all of the other mikros 90's freaks out there - you know who you are!

Jan 1, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #6,093 of 6,783
  A container of MIkros might be a bit excessive but I could actually use couple of pairs. I have a spare Sony MDR-SA5000 housing waiting for drivers. Mikros drivers are too small but it is not something that can't be delt with. SA5000 has one of the finest parts I've ever seen so it would be awesome thing to try. Mikros drivers+magnesium frame+angled baffle+lambskin pads :)

Roderick,
Shoot me a PM.
pataburd

Jan 1, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #6,094 of 6,783
Well, one thing we can be sure of is that pataburd has not forsaken the 90's lol! Happy New Years to you, pata, elvergun, and all of the other mikros 90's freaks out there - you know who you are!

And a Happy New Year to you all in the Mikros 90 Fraternity, especially to our neighbors to the North!
beerchug.gif

Jan 5, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #6,096 of 6,783
  Anybody here?  [Holding a torch, with voice echoing away into the hushed cavernous expanse. . . ]
Listening to and enjoying mine right now as we speak.
. . . Anybody here?
Hee-Hee-Hee

I'm enjoying my Rockets today...

...just stopped by the cave to see if anything was going on.   I thought I heard a distant cry -- it must have been you. 
smile.gif

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #6,098 of 6,783
Pataburd did not specify the type of cable on the review, saying "mini-to-mini", with links from other posts leading to the standard 10 ft cable. One, if a link was provided, I wouldn't have made a $9 mistake. Two, it's the 1/8 inch version you were talking about, which nowhere says "mini-to-mini", so please say that in your review / post.

I just barely managed to quasi-forcefit the [AudioQuest] Pipeline ET-4

This was from the KEF M500 versus review of pataburd's.

AudioQuest doesn't make a Pipeline... unless you mean the HDMI cord called the AudioQuest Pipeline?

There is an AudioQuest and there is a Pipeline that both make cables. See the problem?

Your review misleadingly led me to purchase the incorrect cables. Please label your posts and/or link to the amazon page.

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #6,099 of 6,783
  I was extremely disappointed by pataburd's recommendation of the Pipeline cable for a replacement cable. Said it was "a forced fit".

In no way shape or form were the base of these cords meant to go in the headphone slot (and it's like 10 feet long...). I attempted to trim the edges to make it fit, and now that cord doesn't work.

I do not recommend the Pipeline cable. Get a proper cord with the proper skinny base to fit in the headphones.

Waste of 9 dollars and now I'm stuck with the standard cable until I find an alternative.

Obviously Pataburd is EVIL lol!

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #6,100 of 6,783
  I was extremely disappointed by pataburd's recommendation of the Pipeline cable for a replacement cable. Said it was "a forced fit".

In no way shape or form were the base of these cords meant to go in the headphone slot (and it's like 10 feet long...). I attempted to trim the edges to make it fit, and now that cord doesn't work.

I do not recommend the Pipeline cable. Get a proper cord with the proper skinny base to fit in the headphones.

Waste of 9 dollars and now I'm stuck with the standard cable until I find an alternative.

The Pipeline 4-foot cable, which was discontinued, is the one that does not need to be modified on the headphone side.  The plug on the 10-foot cable needs to be modifed, however, but it is not that difficult: grind it down with a dremmel or whittle it down with an exacto knife (and mind your fingers).  Many earlier posts addressed/resolved this very issue.

The Auvio cable, currently available at Radio Shack, fits as-is and IMHO is an excellent match for the Mikros 90. 

I'm impressed CF.  Your very first post on HF and you came out swinging!

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #6,101 of 6,783
Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Pipeline 4-foot cable, which was discontinued, is the one that does not need to be modified on the headphone side.  The plug on the 10-foot cable needs to be modifed, however, but it is not that difficult: grind it down with a dremmel or whittle it down with an exacto knife (and mind your fingers).  Many earlier posts addressed/resolved this very issue.

Don't try to get out of this. You are still EVIL! EVIL I say because you have been so passionate about the Mikros 90's (that deserve it!) and for providing such invaluable contribution to them. Just EVIL I say!
beerchug.gif

(keep it up!)

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #6,102 of 6,783
Jan 5, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #6,103 of 6,783
The only cable that's been mentioned by pataburd recently is a $100 custom one, and the amazon review (which god forbid was specific!) listed a radioshack cable that works with it. I'll guess I'll blow $20 on that cable and pray.

#DetailsMatter

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #6,104 of 6,783
  The only cable that's been mentioned by pataburd recently is a $100 custom one, and the amazon review (which god forbid was specific!) listed a radioshack cable that works with it. I'll guess I'll blow $20 on that cable and pray.

#DetailsMatter

Why not just stick with the stock cable? I haven't tried all of these other cables, but I have tried a few, and I find the stock cable to be great. Just asking..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back