Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Dec 17, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #6,061 of 6,783
  I have been intrigued by these headphones for some time but it wasn't until I saw them on Newegg for $39.99 + free shipping that I decided to pull the trigger. Glad I did! They came in a fairly nice box with a decent carrying case. Not sure if they are covered in leather or pleather, but the headphones look pretty nice. Upon placing them on my head, I noticed they were quite tight, but not excessively so- I have the V-Moda M80s so I am use to on-ear headphones (though the M80s were never this tight). These headphones isolate very well and will be my go-to headphones for air travel. Honestly, I am a little puzzled as to why people complain that these headphone have no bass. I think their bass is more than adequate- it rumbles when the music calls for it and seems to blend well with the mid-range and the treble. The treble is a little "hot" relative to my M80s and my HD600s, both of which are known for being somewhat laid back in the treble region. The mid-range is nice, though not quite as good as the HD600s, especially through my Bottlehead Crack.

These complement my other headphones rather nicely. One area they excel is in detail retrieval- this is the most detailed headphone I have owned. However, the sound is not fatiguing- this is quite a feat by Martin Logan. The soundstage is not all that big, which is to be expected for a closed hp, however instrument placement is pretty good! Suffice it to say, I really like these headphones! My M80s have been getting less and less head time over the past couple of weeks. Now, they still leave my ears hurting after about an hour of listening but they are getting more comfortable. For $40 buck, an absolute steal!!

beerchug.gif

Welcome another Charter Member to the Mighty Mikros 90 Fraternity!
Another satisfied customer.
Give the MLs about 200 hours to settle down and come into stride, sonically.

Dec 17, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #6,062 of 6,783
  BTW, the KS H-03/M-10 have been returned cross country to be checked out for defects.  Maybe I will get a replacement pair.  
TTYTT, I am quite happy with the Mikros 90 and my office rig.

I also use my M90s in the office.   They sound great and they are cheap enough that I don't have to worry they will get stolen.

Ha...and Merry Christmas to you!!!

Dec 17, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #6,063 of 6,783

I also use my M90s in the office.   They sound great and they are cheap enough that I don't have to worry they will get stolen.

Ha...and Merry Christmas to you!!!

You're lucky we don't work in the same office :)

And Merry Christmas to you as well!

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #6,064 of 6,783
It's Christmas already...?  my new toys ..where are they? it's an    

a

k

g

g

u

l

p

s

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #6,065 of 6,783
  It's Christmas already...?  my new toys ..where are they? it's an    

a

k

g

g

u

l

p

s

You Lors are lucky as well that we don't work in the same office lol!

Dec 19, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #6,068 of 6,783
Mikros 90 was my first high level headphone but i started hearing noise sometimes on higher volume stuff on one of the ears (once played harsh music for too long, though it might just be my imagination) and since then i  bought the V-Moda m80 which sound quite a lot better and much louder as well as a bonus. I also use dragonfly DAC with my music.

My Mikros arent modded btw but their bass is practically non-existent compared to the m80 and less fun.

Dec 19, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #6,069 of 6,783
Mikros 90 was my first high level headphone but i started hearing noise sometimes on higher volume stuff on one of the ears (once played harsh music for too long, though it might just be my imagination) and since then i  bought the V-Moda m80 which sound quite a lot better and much louder as well as a bonus. I also use dragonfly DAC with my music.

My Mikros arent modded btw but their bass is practically non-existent compared to the m80 and less fun.

I remember the days when I too preferred bass quantity over bass quality.

:cool:

Dec 19, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #6,070 of 6,783

Funny, I have both of these headphones and I find the bass on the Mikros 90s to be quite satisfying though the positioning of the Mikros definitely affects the bass output. I enjoy both of the headphones- however, the M80s do not work well in noisy environments. The treble of the Mikros definitely beats the M80s treble. Midrange I give the edge to the M80s. Bass depends on the music- EDM and bass heavy music is better on the M80s but I prefer the bass of the Mikros for jazz, rock and most other types of music.

Dec 19, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #6,072 of 6,783

How many hours on your pair, ikkx?
I listen to three stock pairs: one is bass light, one is bassy-warm and the third is virtually perfect from top to bottom, with extended, tight and well-controlled bass.
But my modded pairs have deep and powerful bass without a hint of bloat.  None of my full-sized cans even come close.

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #6,075 of 6,783
  Doris Day, "The Christoff Waltz".
Scott Gribble, where are you?  Where are the Mikros 900 full-sized, circumaurals?

I love that guy! Great actor..  
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back