Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Mar 4, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #3,046 of 6,783

I'm a little broke at the moment and I already have too many portables as it is, but I did enjoy my short time with the Mikros. They were definitely good, but not quite my cup of tea. Maybe with a little modding...

Maybe one of these hoarders can give you one of their extra pairs.  

What didn't you like about the Mikros that could be improved with a little modding?   Apparently, some of the lunatics...err...some of the modders have improved the bass, the soundstage and who knows what else.

Mar 4, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #3,047 of 6,783

Very true. When I listen to "normal" music, which I'll categorize as anything except electronic sub-bass heavy music, the HearThruBass mods simply fill out the music beautifully. It's only abby-normal music like electronic and trance that for me turns the HearThruBass 90's into sub-bass cannons.. not that I mind!

Speaking of normal music (but good normal music)...

Looks fun. And looks expensive lol!

This music sounds  CLEAN, BIG n polite-PUNCHY on the MikrosHEARTHRUBASS, is that so on yours too bro? 

Mar 4, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #3,048 of 6,783
The reason id mod them is because i find these to be more analytical than musical.

I want them to be more fun sounding while retaining the clarity.

Thats why im looking for a screwdriver!!!!!

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #3,049 of 6,783
  Alright, you got me! 
tongue.gif
 I don't plan to sell them yet anyways.

UEjcd9.gif
  He's saying amazing btw. :p
AMAZING!

^ OH NOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS look at his fist, please don't punch me you cool lookin' hipster you.
.... just cuz i didn't buy your Logans scam!!!
tongue.gif

Maybe one of these hoarders can give you one of their extra pairs.  

What didn't you like about the Mikros that could be improved with a little modding?   Apparently, some of the lunatics...err...some of the modders have improved the bass, the soundstage and who knows what else.

^ Hmmm that sounds like a job for our benevolent Godfather Pata' Hypa', cuz if they aren't a fan yet, bribe them.
tongue_smile.gif

The reason id mod them is because i find these to be more analytical than musical.

I want them to be more fun sounding while retaining the clarity.

Thats why im looking for a screwdriver!!!!!

^ ehhh i would not call these "analytical" sounding in stock form at all. They have analytical, flat attributes to their sound siggy due to their more neutralish, clear, tight and balanced presentation but these are damn engaging and dynamic sounding.

They are never dull, cold, boring nor analytical for me esp. if i use warmer, fuller amps/ dacs. With my 4th gen ipod nano and venturecraft amp they can sound a bit lean, and overly clean but it is still very musical for me.

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #3,050 of 6,783
^ OH NOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS look at his fist, please don't punch me you cool lookin' hipster you.

.... just cuz i didn't buy your Logans scam!!! :p

^ Hmmm that sounds like a job for our benevolent Godfather Pata' Hypa', cuz if they aren't a fan yet, bribe them. :tongue_smile:

^ ehhh i would not call these "analytical" sounding in stock form at all. They have analytical, flat attributes to their sound siggy due to their more neutralish, clear, tight and balanced presentation but these are damn engaging and dynamic sounding.

They are never dull, cold, boring nor analytical for me esp. if i use warmer, fuller amps/ dacs. With my 4th gen ipod nano and venturecraft amp they can sound a bit lean, and overly clean but it is still very musical for me.

I had the ck10s and im02s. The marton logans are simiar to the two iems, and i have heard them more than enough to eventually get tired of the presentation. Thats why i say its more analytical than musical.

Dont get me wrong though, i love these logies, and these are fun, but since my friend bailed on me, i cant make my logies and audio technica iems sound more fun and engaging with the venture craft amp i got. I had only a daus worth of fin with the amp, then back tp boring stock pc...:/

Thats why im modding them.....when i find a dn screwdriver. I know its here somewhere behind the cluttery mess!

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #3,051 of 6,783

+1. And the C&C BH amp completes the engagement factor.

Quote:
I had the ck10s and im02s. The marton logans are simiar to the two iems, and i have heard them more than enough to eventually get tired of the presentation. Thats why i say its more analytical than musical.

Dont get me wrong though, i love these logies, and these are fun, but since my friend bailed on me, i cant make my logies and audio technica iems sound more fun and engaging with the venture craft amp i got. I had only a daus worth of fin with the amp, then back tp boring stock pc...:/

Thats why im modding them.....when i find a dn screwdriver. I know its here somewhere behind the cluttery mess!

Either get the C&C BH amp or find that damned screwdriver lol! One things for sure is that "more analytical than musical" won't be in your vocabulary after the mods 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Edit...

then back tp boring stock pc...:/

Do you not have a dac for your pc? If not, you should get one. Even a cheapie like the HifimeDIY sabre dac (which I have) is pretty darned good.

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #3,052 of 6,783
+1. And the C&C BH amp completes the engagement factor.

Either get the C&C BH amp or find that damned screwdriver lol! One things for sure is that "more analytical than musical" won't be in your vocabulary after the mods :veryevil:

For sure!

Though be honest, am i just discredting the logans by saying they are not musical enough without a good source?

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #3,053 of 6,783
For sure!

Though be honest, am i just discredting the logans by saying they are not musical enough without a good source?

You may very well be. They are very analytical and musical through my HifimeDIY sabre dac + C&C BH. With plenty of bass as well. You only need to do the mods if you want to kick them into another dimension.

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #3,054 of 6,783
^ It's all relative and the terms musical/ analytical can mean different things for different people due to personal preferences. Though i can COMPLETELY understand how these can sound analytical to you esp. with your setup. So yeah don't stress it meng, you hear what you hear and i hear what i hear, no one is wrong it's just that we hear it a bit differently is alls.

We both seems to like these a lot which is what matters......
.......................... so come over here you. : P

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #3,055 of 6,783
You may very well be. They are very analytical and musical through my HifimeDIY sabre dac + C&C BH. With plenty of bass as well. You only need to do the mods if you want to kick them into another dimension.

Mind linking the dac to people who have the same setup as me? :) thanks wayne

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #3,056 of 6,783
:frowning2: I won't be able to use these on my Emotiva.... Too sensitive. And although resistors will help with the gain for the HE500, resistors prob won't help at all for the Mikros cause of damping factor etc.

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #3,057 of 6,783
  ^ It's all relative and the terms musical/ analytical can mean different things for different people due to personal preferences. Though i can COMPLETELY understand how these can sound analytical to you esp. with your setup. So yeah don't stress it meng, you hear what you hear and i hear what i hear, no one is wrong it's just that we hear it a bit differently is alls.

How nice...they kissed and made up.

Nothing but love in this thread!!!

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #3,058 of 6,783

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #3,059 of 6,783
Man, this thread can become disturbing at times. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back