Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Mar 4, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #3,016 of 6,783
Quote:
There's a subset of people here on Head-Fi who think the Martin Logan Mikros 90 is God's gift to the world, so you could make that claim and have a base to back it up. Their thread expands by about ten pages a day; it's actually one of the most active corners of this community.

Hey guys...apparently we are famous (quote taken from another thread). 
L3000.gif

Or rather...infamous:

I poked my head in there. Holy crap it's like the headphones hold them in their arms and rock them to sleep at night. 

The Mikros 90 aren't actually bad for on-ears and are definitely more neutral than its competitors from B&W, etc., but the level of fanaticism in that thread is cult-like at times. There's a couple of people who've bought more than three pairs on a rumor that ML was discontinuing the model, just to ensure they'd be able to experience them for a long time.

You hoarders are giving us a bad rep. 
mad.gif

Mar 4, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #3,017 of 6,783
Lol  @elvergun - I found that thread, and I see that you are defending us lunatics nicely!
beerchug.gif

Mar 4, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #3,018 of 6,783

Hey guys...apparently we are famous (quote taken from another thread). 
L3000.gif

Or rather...infamous:

You hoarders are giving us a bad rep. 
mad.gif

+
  Lol  @elvergun - I found that thread, and I see that you are defending us lunatics nicely!
beerchug.gif

^
.... these Logan 90s are mighty refreshing. Just feel sawee for those folks that are in denial is alls, they will come around and join our cult club after they get a sip from the Logans holy grail. hoho
very_evil_smiley.gif

Fff what haters think cuz it's tyme to celebrate beyatches!!! It's DAT LOGANS 90s throwback party!!!

So heads up high and proud and swag the frack out with these Logans boi!!!

They are just thirsty and wants a sip of our holy logan kool-aid water, no wait i meant hungry for a piece of the a.....

So mofos needs to stop drinking the ....
900x900px-LL-b410bcdd_hateradephotocredit4.bp.blogspot.jpeg
........ and get on some Logans lovin'.

Mar 4, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #3,019 of 6,783
What did I tell you guys? I KNEW IT WOULD HAPPEN!

So now all we have to do to compensate is for the 4 pair hoarders to give away two of their pairs to those lunatics that call us lunatics. 

Then everyone will serve the logans

everyone will love the logans

EVERYONE
WILL

RESPECT AMERICUH!!

and china....

since it was designed by the USA :D

Good job elver, you're the first guy to stop them from denying the credibility of martin logans headphones!

Mar 4, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #3,020 of 6,783
  What did I tell you guys? I KNEW IT WOULD HAPPEN!

So now all we have to do to compensate is for the 4 pair hoarders to give away two of their pairs to those lunatics that call us lunatics. 

Then everyone will serve the logans

everyone will love the logans

EVERYONE
WILL

RESPECT AMERICUH!!

and china....

since it was designed by the USA :D

Good job elver, you're the first guy to stop them from denying the credibility of martin logans headphones!

^ TBH i wouldn't waste my tyme trying to "convince" those people cuz there's infinite wisdom to these words "Haterz gonna' hate." : P

So Fff what they think or how they feel about this thread. As long as we enjoy them it alls that matters. The full potential of these Logans probably haven't even been tapped into yet, just like those Fostex T50RPs that can be modded to death with AMAZING result. And these Logan in their stock form bests those stock T50RPs already so.....

These can be modded to be full size cans with crazy nice full sound easily it seems............................ working on it.
ph34r.gif

Better for peps to keep writing these off as HYPE FOTM JUNK tbh, so there will be more for us when we need them at dirt cheap prices. hoho
popcorn.gif

Mar 4, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #3,021 of 6,783
Just got these in today, ordered on Fri, just barely caught the newegg deal.
Don't think they are THAT bass light, and I consider myself a bass head.
Straight out of the box, using an iphone 5s.
Maybe a bit sharp on the treble, getting a bit of sibilance, hope that goes away with burn in.
Using Kosheen's new album for the testing.

Mar 4, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #3,022 of 6,783

^ TBH i wouldn't waste my tyme trying to "convince" those people cuz there's infinite wisdom to these words "Haterz gonna' hate." : P

So Fff what they think or how they feel about this thread. As long as we enjoy them it alls that matters. The full potential of these Logans probably haven't even been tapped into yet, just like those Fostex T50RPs that can be modded to death with AMAZING result. And these Logan in their stock form bests those stock T50RPs already so.....

These can be modded to be full size cans with crazy nice full sound easily it seems............................ working on it.
ph34r.gif

Better for peps to keep writing these off as HYPE FOTM JUNK tbh, so there will be more for us when we need them at dirt cheap prices. hoho
popcorn.gif

I know I've had some critical comments, but I don't think they're junk by any means. But likewise I don't think they're the second coming either. I think they're very good phones for sure, and handily displace my Mad Dog 3.0 orthos, which is a pretty nice feat considering the going $65-75 price! To me, they seem to represent the $200-300 bracket quite well. 

On anther note, I picked up the 6' Auvio cable from Radioshack for all of $3!! I hate how stiff, and microphonic it is, and how it kinks.... but damn if it doesn't open up things a bit (which is good because my main beef with the Mikros is a touch of congestion with detailing). Now I have an email out to Brian with BTG Audio to see what the price would be for a silver cable... that would probably do some nice things to the sound sig. 

Mar 4, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #3,023 of 6,783
Maybe a bit sharp on the treble, getting a bit of sibilance, hope that goes away with burn in.

^ Not really bass "lite" per se but the sub bass does lack a bit of texture and fullness if your gears/sources are a bit limited. But with some decent slightly warmer amps/ dacs they will give you a much bigger/ fuller sound/ bass without even modding them. 

My FiiO E17 DAC/ Schiit Vail setup is pretty damn sweet for me, while others have reported that the C&C BH amp works wonderfully for these Logans as well. So...... these are crazy versatile/ malleable. :)

The treble will work itself out with further burn-in, crazy nice extension/ sparkle without any brightness, sibilance or harshness.

And Congrats!!!
beerchug.gif

Mar 4, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #3,024 of 6,783

Congrats! They are not bass light - not sure where that myth came from. They scale very well with different equipment (amazing with C&C BH amp). Burn those puppies in before coming to any conclusions (and there is only one conclusion lol). And if your bass-head ends up curious about how much sub-bass could be achieved with these puppies, go down the rabbit HOLE with the ©MikrosHearThruBass mods. Whoa.

Edit: btw, which Kosheen album? I am not familiar with them, but would like to check it out.

Mar 4, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #3,025 of 6,783

welcum to to frying pan... burn em gud...watch it glow...
bass light or bass heavy..u are empowered :p

Mar 4, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #3,026 of 6,783

I know I've had some critical comments, but I don't think they're junk by any means. But likewise I don't think they're the second coming either. I think they're very good phones for sure, and handily displace my Mad Dog 3.0 orthos, which is a pretty nice feat considering the going $65-75 price! To me, they seem to represent the $200-300 bracket quite well. 

On anther note, I picked up the 6' Auvio cable from Radioshack for all of $3!! I hate how stiff, and microphonic it is, and how it kinks.... but damn if it doesn't open up things a bit (which is good because my main beef with the Mikros is a touch of congestion with detailing). Now I have an email out to Brian with BTG Audio to see what the price would be for a silver cable... that would probably do some nice things to the sound sig. 

How many hours on your pair as-of today?
Agreed.  Auvio is a portable cable design nightmare, but seems to complement the MLs well. 

Mar 4, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #3,027 of 6,783

Maybe not the second coming as you say, but displacing your Mad Dogs is indeed a fairly impressive feat imo.

Mar 4, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #3,028 of 6,783

ph34r.gif

popcorn.gif

Damn, you read my mind. Looks like I can now dismiss my post as BS talk, lol.

Now that the infamy has been brought up, how about we buy two more martins down the road of $50? :p

Mar 4, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #3,029 of 6,783

Congrats! They are not bass light - not sure where that myth came from. They scale very well with different equipment (amazing with C&C BH amp). Burn those puppies in before coming to any conclusions (and there is only one conclusion lol). And if your bass-head ends up curious about how much sub-bass could be achieved with these puppies, go down the rabbit HOLE with the ©MikrosHearThruBass mods. Whoa.

Edit: btw, which Kosheen album? I am not familiar with them, but would like to check it out.

Probably from the first few pages of posts in this thread, but who cares? :p We have the holy grail(s) on our hands now!

Mar 4, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #3,030 of 6,783

wow it killed the MD3.0 huh....  thats the stock Mikros ya..
 ..let us know how much is the silver...:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back