Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Mar 4, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #3,061 of 6,783
  ^ Man you Logan freaks are making me feel weird.
redface.gif

.... ahhh now that's a lot better. THAT'S THE BEST YA'LL GOT!!!
triportsad.gif

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #3,062 of 6,783
  ^ Man you Logan freaks are making me feel weird.
redface.gif

.... ahhh now that's a lot better. THAT'S THE BEST YA'LL GOT!!!
triportsad.gif

Unless they have a naked martin logans headphone at hand, they can't top it :p.

If only martin logan made a white version of their headphones...

MANY would buy it I bet..

http://www.harmankardon.com/estore/hk/us/products/CL/HARKAR-CL_HK_US?skuId=HARKAR-CL_HK_US

I mean look at their headphone in white.

It sold out! And it costs 3X the current price of the logies!

EDIT: well..elver proved me wrong with the word naked that is part of my syntax...

Curse you Elver! you deserve a whack!

police.gif

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #3,063 of 6,783

Haha...wifes and daughter and mothers will never get our passions.

Fathers, Brothers and sons, on the other hand, know what's up.
cool.gif

It's so true, the women in my life just don't get it, especially about how I treat my gear and my cars, I baby them, they usually stay looking new a very long time, until the GF borrows it, and it gets destroyed... no kidding... Darla the Destroyer.... no not my Mikros...

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #3,064 of 6,783
Getting home too late to play during the week...maybe on the weekend, if Ihave some free time. Will need to collect up the needed materials...Actually do find the bass and overall sound to improve with the Pipeline cable, have listened a bit since I got it back. See how that lasts with further listening, last night hi-res Daft Punk were a great listen (I still think they're Chic with a foreign accent)

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #3,065 of 6,783

+
^
.... these Logan 90s are mighty refreshing. Just feel sawee for those folks that are in denial is alls, they will come around and join our cult club after they get a sip from the Logans holy grail. hoho
very_evil_smiley.gif

Fff what haters think cuz it's tyme to celebrate beyatches!!! It's DAT LOGANS 90s throwback party!!!

So heads up high and proud and swag the frack out with these Logans boi!!!

They are just thirsty and wants a sip of our holy logan kool-aid water, no wait i meant hungry for a piece of the a.....

So mofos needs to stop drinking the ....
900x900px-LL-b410bcdd_hateradephotocredit4.bp.blogspot.jpeg
........ and get on some Logans lovin'.

Dude thanks so much, I always get a kick reading your posts, you are one crazy guy, cheers for all my belly laughs !! Oh and I have only 2 pair now, I have given 2 away... so there, and one is still in the repair bin, ML did mail me 2 little screws for the chrome collars on the headband, so I just need to get them fixed... easy peasy. No one likes it if it looks like you are having fun, should be a law to stop those Mik heads,   Damn them Loganites and martinians, I could go on, but Im just being silly

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #3,066 of 6,783
Re: bass..... I still say there's a huge amount of bass!!! And I am a self admitted basshead!

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #3,067 of 6,783
Mar 4, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #3,068 of 6,783
  Re: bass..... I still say there's a huge amount of bass!!! And I am a self admitted basshead!

So if you are a basshead and you are satisfied with the bass...then those who seek more bass from these cans must just be crazy, no? 

And those who think that the Mikros doesn't have enough bass are just...

So basically, anyone who is not satisfied with the stock Mikros is nuts.  Well, that's my theory and I'm sticking to it. 

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #3,069 of 6,783
Ok, so here's the @Lorspeaker ©MikrosHearThruBass mods with a rabbit HOLE size adjustment tweak.

Before:

After:

The hole is just a wee bit smaller. I used the double sided tape and just punched a hole through with the small screwdrivers (before attaching it to the driver).

I think this is working very well for me. Still an awesome amount of sub-bass, but just keyed back enough such that I can retain my fillings :)

Question: the top picture is of the left driver. Looking down the rabbit hole, I don't see anything obscuring the hole. Below is my right driver where you can see that the hole is half obstructed. Anyone else notice that?

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #3,070 of 6,783

When I 1st started posting about the Mikros, I was so sick of hearing that they had no bass, I was hearing great stuff, deep low bass, full of detail and punch, very enjoyable, so I have always felt they excelled at bass reproduction, more accurate than I had heard before, and something like that deserves sharing. And if in the sharing a few "outsider" who haven't been to the " HOLE" and looked beyond" may never accept the trueth and bow to the alter of Martin Logan greatness ! (is that hype ?)

next step in the mod process if my cult manual is right, we need a willing virgin !
I'm not saying for what though. Again, a cult secret, even I don't know. Unfortunately, I have this amazing imagination... Ill get back to you on this

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #3,071 of 6,783

So if you are a basshead and you are satisfied with the bass...then those who seek more bass from these cans must just be crazy, no? 

So basically, anyone who is not satisfied with the stock Mikros is nuts.  Well, that's my theory and I'm sticking to it. 

Crazy ? Mixed Nuts, you decide

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #3,072 of 6,783

Yep, pretty much!! 

When I 1st started posting about the Mikros, I was so sick of hearing that they had no bass, I was hearing great stuff, deep low bass, full of detail and punch, very enjoyable, so I have always felt they excelled at bass reproduction, more accurate than I had heard before, and something like that deserves sharing. And if in the sharing a few "outsider" who haven't been to the " HOLE" and looked beyond" may never accept the trueth and bow to the alter of Martin Logan greatness ! (is that hype ?)

next step in the mod process if my cult manual is right, we need a willing virgin !
I'm not saying for what though. Again, a cult secret, even I don't know. Unfortunately, I have this amazing imagination... Ill get back to you on this

Yeah, the bass is certainly in plenty as is. Even as a basshead, I wouldn't wish for any more. To me, it borders on loose/uncontrolled sometimes in stock form, so I wonder if the mods tighten it up at all. I do enjoy it in current form though... 

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #3,075 of 6,783
vlenbo said:
Mind linking the dac to people who have the same setup as me?
smily_headphones1.gif
thanks wayne

Not sure what your setup is, but this is the hifimediy sabre dac that I use off of my laptop:

http://us.hifimediy.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=50

Apparently there is also a Sabre U2 dac, but I'm not familiar with it.

And here's the C&C BH:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/C-C-BH-Portable-Headphone-AMP-battery-AMP-CC-BH-NEW-/261172737290

The only downside with it is that it only gets a measly 80 hours per charge :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back